Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:58:50 PM EDT
Got a coworker who just walks out of work for 30 minutes, not a break or anything, leave his phone on and getting calls.  I work in a call center.  He comes back 30 mins later logs out and heads to lunch.  Will also just leave his headset down and watch TV where me and him are only one here.

Well today some others seen it happen.  Aslo on Saturday someone else seen him asleep on the phone and clock.

Im tired of it, going to see the bossman and narc him out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Got a coworker who just walks out of work for 30 minutes, not a break or anything, leave his phone on and getting calls.  I work in a call center.  He comes back 30 mins later logs out and heads to lunch.  Will also just leave his headset down and watch TV where me and him are only one here.

Well today some others seen it happen.  Aslo on Saturday someone else seen him asleep on the phone and clock.

If your boss was doing his job he'd know what was going on.

Sometimes the supervision needs people to keep them informed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If your boss was doing his job he'd know what was going on.

Sometimes the supervision needs people to keep them informed.

You got that right!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you talked to him (the lazy guy) about it?

IMO I'd at least talk to him before I talked to the boss.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
hum....

you're system must not have a callog.. or whoever is reviewing it isn't paying any attention at all to the statistics..

big issue... how long per call, how many calls closed within x amount of time.. how many calls taken in x period of time...

whole industry around call center call analysis...
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
SNITCH!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm sorry you care so much about what your coworker is doing.

You must need more work to keep you busy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck the lazy fucker. He know's what he is doing. Let that happen in a fox hole!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesus do you guys have any queue monitoring or metrics at all? Your manager is the one who should be getting fired.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe your boss will replace him with some hot young chick and you'll be telling us stories of banging her while giving out information to customers.  You're co-worker still won't be working but at least you'll be getting some ass.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He works in a CALL CENTER!  Every time people on your team fuck up and shirk calls guess what? YOU GET MORE OF THEM TO DEAL WITH (and you get pissed off people who hold for excessive times).

I helped setup call centers and worked in them.  I've had cow-workers fuck off and been slammed with dealing with pissed off customers.

A good supervisor would be able to spot this shit a mile off, if they're bothering to pay attention to their system reports.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jesus do you guys have any queue monitoring or metrics at all? Your manager is the one who should be getting fired.

Direct manager doesnt seem to care/notice, Im going to see the big man

Volume is low at night and the calls short enough they dont fall under monitoring probaly.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Direct manager doesnt seem to care/notice, Im going to see the big man

Volume is low at night and the calls short enough they dont fall under monitoring probaly.

I'd just flat out tell home boy that if he was going to take unscheduled 30-minute breaks, you are too. If he bitches, pwn his ass.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He works in a CALL CENTER!  Every time people on your team fuck up and shirk calls guess what? YOU GET MORE OF THEM TO DEAL WITH (and you get pissed off people who hold for excessive times).

I helped setup call centers and worked in them.  I've had cow-workers fuck off and been slammed with dealing with pissed off customers.

A good supervisor would be able to spot this shit a mile off, if they're bothering to pay attention to their system reports.  

Ever call in wait 5 mins and get a dead line or hung up on 3 times, know how pissed you are because of that?  This behavior is what causes that
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Good, lazy co-workers hurt those that have to pick up their slack, especially in your line of work.  Sounds like his problem is beyond the "talking to him" phase.  If you can, document specific instances with date and time before hand.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fuck the lazy fucker. He know's what he is doing. Let that happen in a fox hole!

Yeah...rat him out before he neglects to answer the phone in a fox hole.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was discharged from the Marines, not in a good way either
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got a similar situation at work and don't know what to do.  It seems like management where I work is starting to catch on.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Where are you?  East India?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Let us know when the LF gets fired, and all the details surronding the incident.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#21]
So youre a Kelly Girl?...
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought Newsweak said narcing is bad.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't say!

Come to think of it, that seems to happen at every job I've ever had. Someone doesn't work, everyone else gets to pick up the slack. It's terrible, I tell you.

Then again, I get paid to do what I get paid to do.  Not what the supervisor is supposed to be doing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Tax is not a mediator. I believe this is the lest restrictive solution for him.

Cool I own page 2
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#25]
He will probably get a promotion and you will just end up working more, crappier hours and all that...I see it all the time happen just like that. He has a problem and no one is helping him in his time of need.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
hum....

you're system must not have a callog.. or whoever is reviewing it isn't paying any attention at all to the statistics..

big issue... how long per call, how many calls closed within x amount of time.. how many calls taken in x period of time...

whole industry around call center call analysis...

+1 I worked a call center for many years. The software tracks you down the the friggin second. The supervisor/team leader is slacking. Big time.

Telling him will probably be useless.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Son of a snitch.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck him. He needs to hit the fucking road. There are too many of these worthless cocksuckers in society. Burn one every chance you get.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#30]
About four years ago, I managed a tech support call center.  Yes, the ACD software logged lots of info about calls, but I had to look at that data, and dump it into a spreadsheet to make pretty charts for upper management.  If I dozed through my responsibilities, then one tech could get away with murder and dump all of their work on everyone else.

If I worked in a call center where people could get away with crap like that, I'd be looking for a new job... either management doesn't care, or they're incompetent and are going to make up for it with a vengeance by putting everyone under a microscope.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#31]
i was in a similar situation with some jagoff who came in late every day and slept on the job. it was a direct result of this prick that caused me to injure my back because he was in the upstairs mezzane sleeping and nobody could find him and i had to perform his fucking duties....!  [i wonder if i could sue this asshat]

unfortunate for him i carry a camera every where i go:

i couldn't find the original, so the chop will suffice [this photo was all over the shop, bathrooms, hallway...]

when you have hard evidence that gets plastered ALL over the shop [or office] in the form of a photo something has to be done

so go shoot this bastard while he's fuckin' off and you'll be
. . . . with your camera of course
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In order for TAXMAN to "rat him out," TAXMAN would have to have been involved and gotten caught. He would have to inform on his fellow conspiritor in exchange for leaniency. THAT is being a RAT. What TAXMAN is is a witness.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Fuck that piece of shit. Rat his ass out.

Jobs only exist as long as your employer stays in business.

Not to kiss the boss mans ass but a place that don't make money don't hire.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't say!

Come to think of it, that seems to happen at every job I've ever had. Someone doesn't work, everyone else gets to pick up the slack. It's terrible, I tell you.

Then again, I get paid to do what I get paid to do.  Not what the supervisor is supposed to be doing.

Well, I guess you and I (and Taxman) disagree.  I don't mind doing my job, but I'll be damned if I'll sit back and pick up the slack from goldbricking cow-workers and simply smile, bend over and take it up the ass.  That's called "being a doormat" and once people figure out you're one, you usually end up getting tons of crap shoveled your way.  None of it is part of your job description, you usually don't receive any credit, promotions or additional pay for it and if you decide enough is enough and stop playing the doormat, you end up being the bad guy.

Fuck that.  BTDT.  Never again.  All being a doormat does is allow companies to screw you and your cow-workers to get a free ride at your expense.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Always confront a peer before you go to the boss, unless you want to be untrusted by the rest of the people you work with. Have you even asked him what he does when he leaves?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#38]
SSS
Ratboy

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In order for TAXMAN to "rat him out," TAXMAN would have to have been involved and gotten caught. He would have to inform on his fellow conspiritor in exchange for leaniency. THAT is being a RAT. What TAXMAN is is a witness.

+1 on the rat.

Witnesses usually are asked imo, not volunteer to tell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#40]
That type of shit is contagious in a call center...besides, not everyone is cut out for that sort of work...he needs to go
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I learned a long time ago to just do my own job and to not give a fuck about someone else not doing theirs.  Fate has a way of evening things out and it causes me a lot less stress.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU and answer the damned phone, I need support too, you lazy, snorin' fuck !  

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't wake him when he's napping...

He'll need plenty of rest to look for a new job in the morning.

Slackers suck, especially when it creates a heavier work load for the "good folks".
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I just did the same thing a week ago.  Were were a ways away from management and the guy decided it was time to fuck off and be unprofessional.  I was thanked by the management for bringing it  to their attention.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Lots of hate for Tax.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Lots of hate for Tax.

There shouldn't be.

Our hospital got rid of performance based raises years ago. Now you can fuck-off as hard as other people work and get the same raise.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

When one team member screws off everyone else works harder.   id be pissed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#48]
If they fired all the lazy people where I work, there would only be like 4 of us here

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was discharged from the Marines, not in a good way either

All of us were discharged, just because his pappy was in the Corp at the time doesn't make it bad.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top