Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:41:56 AM EDT
I just bought two 17 rd Glock LEO mags.  I could not help myself.  

When they get here I think I want to find the nearest cop and while holding them mags in each hand do a little you can't arrest me dance in front of him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You do know those mags are prone to kill dogs right?

Right?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
yoda)Very wise young jedi(yoda
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Right?

Sgtar15

now THAT is funny!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont do it!  ITS A TRAP!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
When they get there, you'll find they don't work in your civilian Glock. It was designed into the matrix.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When they get here I think I want to find the nearest cop and while holding them mags in each hand do a little you can't arrest me dance in front of him.

He couldn't have arrested you before anyway.  He'd have to confiscate them and then If someone cared enough to prosecute on the Federal level, they'd go from there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He couldn't have arrested you before anyway.  He'd have to confiscate them and then If someone cared enough to prosecute on the Federal level, they'd go from there.

Well damn, and I just finished working out the last few dance steps.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Right?

Sgtar15

Only in the interest of protecting and serving them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't want to buy anything leo only marked for 2 reasons: 1 if for some reason a cop sees me at the range with them I don't want any hassels. 2 if a new ban gets put in place then it is possible that leo only mags could become restricted again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't want to buy anything leo only marked for 2 reasons: 1 if for some reason a cop sees me at the range with them I don't want any hassels. 2 if a new ban gets put in place then it is possible that leo only mags could become restricted again.

I plan on keeping all my proof of purchase dates.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm sure they'll be smart enough to put new stampings that would clearly distinguish AW Ban I from AW Ban II if they were ever to pass a second ban.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought some LEO mags for my 226 yesterday and they have something about the ban with the year 1994 engraved on them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I dont get why people are so scared to buy LEO mags, they are completley legal there is no Law anymore restricting these mags.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Some of you are such fucking pussies, I wonder how you ever mustered up the balls to buy a gun in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Some of you are such fucking pussies, I wonder how you ever mustered up the balls to buy a gun in the first place.

Easy, I walked into the store and some guy took my money.  I filled out a form that said I wasn't crazy and I left with a HiCap Bullet Hose

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The button's not working...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#18]
New AR mags are new AR mags.  I wouldn't care if they had LEO only or not.  I think they may become somewhat of a novelty.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

ever been handcuffed by the local jbts, staring at the intercoastal waterway, wondering if they were gonna toss your bloody corpse into it?  all for the unspeakable crime of carrying a glock with 2 spare high caps on a nightly jog.  i'm sure things would have worked out much better if those mags said LEO on 'em....

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I dont get why people are so scared to buy LEO mags, they are completley legal there is no Law anymore restricting these mags.

yep the *ATF WEBSITE* says to disregard the markings.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The button's not working...

Is this some sort of flame?  Explain to me how local LEO's can enforce Federal Law.  It is my understanding that they can't, but I'm willing to be enlightened.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is this some sort of flame?  Explain to me how local LEO's can enforce Federal Law.

The theme of the author's thread was that of humor.  You injected your post with something other than a light-hearted response.  Which I interpret as you missing the entire point.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Local police certainly can enforce Federal law.  I have arrested a number of felons in possession of a gun and had them referred to Federal court.

Now as far as insider trading goes...I don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The theme of the author's thread was that of humor.  You injected your post with something other than a light-hearted response.  Which I interpret as you missing the entire point.

That's the story of my life!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ever been handcuffed by the local jbts, staring at the intercoastal waterway, wondering if they were gonna toss your bloody corpse into it?  all for the unspeakable crime of carrying a glock with 2 spare high caps on a nightly jog.  i'm sure things would have worked out much better if those mags said LEO on 'em....

No, I haven't been..but I was jacked up by a Mooresville, IN cop once, along with (after he called for backup) deputies from Morgan, Marion, and Hendricks counties, two State troopers, and a State Police helo.  Does that count?  

I stayed cool, was in the right, and didn't go home arrested.  So, I guess you could say I have been in a situation sort of like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And to further answer your question, no, it was not meant to be a "flame."  Its focus was to reflect sarcastic humor.  I have nothing against you.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sorry to break your bubble wedge, but checking capacity on gun owners mags was wayyyyyyyyyy down on my priority list to begin with.  

Now change "cop" to "BATFE thug" and you can put on your dancing shoes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I ain't scared to buy them, but they're still illegal in CA, MA, and a few other places.  As AR15fan pointed out SOME, depending on the date of manufacture, are legal but the average cop in CA will not know this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

No, I haven't been..but I was jacked up by a Mooresville, IN cop once, along with (after he called for backup) deputies from Morgan, Marion, and Hendricks counties, two State troopers, and a State Police helo.  Does that count?  

I stayed cool, was in the right, and didn't go home arrested.  So, I guess you could say I have been in a situation sort of like that.

Quiet,
What did you do?

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I ... didn't go home arrested.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Markm is not flamming, and I believe he saw the humor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to break your bubble wedge, but checking capacity on gun owners mags was wayyyyyyyyyy down on my priority list to begin with.  

Now change "cop" to "BATFE thug" and you can put on your dancing shoes.

I know it is not a priority, but I love that dance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure they'll be smart enough to put new stampings that would clearly distinguish AW Ban I from AW Ban II if they were ever to pass a second ban.

Yeah and with the way the cops understood the ban that just expired that really inspires my confidence that they will be able to distinguish between ban 1 and ban 2.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this some sort of flame?  Explain to me how local LEO's can enforce Federal Law.

Wouldn't be the first time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah and with the way the cops understood the ban that just expired that really inspires my confidence that they will be able to distinguish between ban 1 and ban 2.

To address your original post here....

Point 1)....we solved this in the team forum the other day. If hassled about your mags, the appropriate response is "Pound Sand". No LEO with half a brain and anything at all on his to-do list is going to bother you. If you meet one that does not meet the previously listed criteria, remember...POUND SAND.

Point 2)....It wouldn't be right for me to tell you exactly what inferences I made about your IQ when I read that. For the gazillionth time, I don't care if it says "restricted to LEO, military, and the stay-puft marshmallow man, but only on the third saturday of the month, when it occurs on a full moon", a magazine is a magazine WRT any future ban.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Point 1)....we solved this in the team forum the other day. If hassled about your mags, the appropriate response is "Pound Sand". No LEO with half a brain and anything at all on his to-do list is going to bother you. If you meet one that does not meet the previously listed criteria, remember...POUND SAND.

Point 2)....It wouldn't be right for me to tell you exactly what inferences I made about your IQ when I read that. For the gazillionth time, I don't care if it says "restricted to LEO, military, and the stay-puft marshmallow man, but only on the third saturday of the month, when it occurs on a full moon", a magazine is a magazine WRT any future ban.

OK I see you live in TN. Try coming to where I live and using those 2 responses.

Your "Pound sand" comment will end up with a night in jail.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Out with it!

Tell us the story!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK I see you live in TN. Try coming to where I live and using those 2 responses.

Your "Pound sand" comment will end up with a night in jail.

If the local cops in your area are both that stupid, and that power-trippy, you need to make it a point to get arrested for violating the aformentioned non-law. We can get the ACLU and the arfcom army legal team involved, andI'll personally donate to your legal fund.

What are cops doing looking at your mags, anyway? I've never noticed a cop pay an more attention to someone's magazines that I had paid to the cop's magazines.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I tried to get some today, but Im going to have to order them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I tried to get some today, but Im going to have to order them.

I got mine! Issued (they look new) G21 mags for $10/ea from CDNN
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I bought some LEO mags for my 226 yesterday and they have something about the ban with the year 1994 engraved on them.

my glock mags are marked restricted leo/gov 9/13/1994
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#42]
The question is, is it a trap or not?  Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#43]
thats cool wedge

just remember, the more normal capacity mags law-abiding citizens get, the less bad guys can get, not that they get them legally anyways
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top