Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 5:32:41 PM EDT
 Yes, it looks like one of the biggest assholes in the state will be elected Governor...

I'm just glad I'm in college and not really stuck here.

I hate democrats, with all of my heart, and I will until my last dying breath.

There is still a small chance. We'll see
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks, but I expected it. Fisher was a terrible candidate.

At least here in Lancaster, Fisher is up 60% to 38%.

BTW, where do you go to college? I'm at Millersville. don't know if you ever heard of it. Small state school w/ around 8,500 students
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What's happening to my home state?  Bet my Mom is happy, she's a bleeding heart.  You can just imagine the the conversation when she gets on the phone with her conservative son who's in the military
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of Millersville before, I'm at Kutztown now... It's even smaller than your college!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
All you guys, and gals, are welcome down here in Kentucky. We kept Mitch McConnell as our Senator and Ann Northrup with Ron Lewis as Representitives. SWWEEET!

Of course Jefferson County/Louisville Metro Government has gone Liberal, but it is a very small island of insanity in a more and more Republican State. It seems all the good ol' boy Democrat farmers types have finally figured out that the Democratic party is no longer the working mans party, but the non-working mans party. Heh.

Bob

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, Plus we got knob creek!
:) :) :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad we couldn't just give Philadelphia to New Jersey.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Why don't you guys just invite every good lookin
gun lovin girl you know and bring em down to Midland, Texas.

My buddies and I will welcome you with a beer and a big "Howdy Ya'll."  Then we can all live happily ever after.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya know...all us pro gun conservatives can't all move to Texas...can we? I mean, is Texas really that BIG?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
AR15forfun; Thats a pretty tempting offer....

born_hard; I'd be glad too.  along with alot of the Pocono lake area where the people live that work in NJ and think they are better than everyone else.  This was also alot of the blue area in pa for the 2000 election.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Well... i guess if we fill up the current Texas we can revert back the Texas that was before.  We can take New Mexico, Colorado, and parts of Wyoming back...  

Well, maybe not Colorado...

but you get the point
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

granholm, & levin won in MI. we're screwed!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Huh huh huh huh huh huh he said BenDover... huh huh huh huh huh [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish Rendell would tell me where I'm going to get health care when he drives my doctor out of state when he can't pay malpractice insurance anymore.

Rendell: "Some doctors are just bad."

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
It makes me sick to see what is happening to my native state.  Hopefully the state House and Senate can keep Commie Ed in control.

Until then, if you want....I have an opendoor policy for AR15.COM PA members.. and Please, send me your guns for "safe keeping"

[:P]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Too bad we couldn't just give Philadelphia to New Jersey.
View Quote

Yo ! Chill [:d]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#17]
BTW.. I just found this on Rendell's web site:  www.rendellforgovernor.com  

INCREASE PENALTIES FOR CRIMES  
COMMITTED WITH GUNS

“I support the Second Amendment and the rights of hunters.  While I will not
take away the guns owned by law-abiding citizens, I firmly believe that we
have to protect our communities from violence”
               -- Ed Rendell

If Pennsylvania is going to keeping crime low, we will have to reduce the access
to the weapons used in the commission of crimes and severely punish criminals.

As Governor, Ed Rendell Will:

œ  Increase Mandatory Penalties for Crimes Committed with Guns:  Current state
law requires a firearm to be visible during the commission of a crime to warrant a five-
year mandatory sentence and does not differentiate between the type of weapon or
whether the weapon was fired.  Federal law does not require the weapon to be visible to
necessitate the minimum five-year sentence and increases penalties for the type of
weapon and its use.  

Rendell’s plan also:
! Mandates a minimum five-year sentence without parole or probation for
individuals who are in possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime;
! Increases to seven (7) years without parole or probation the punishment for
individuals who brandish a firearm in the commission of a crime;
! Increases to ten (10) years without parole or probation the punishment for
individuals who discharge a firearm in furtherance of a crime;
! Increases to ten (10) years without parole or probation the punishment for
individuals who are in possession of semi-automatic assault weapon during the
commission of a crime, whether the weapon is brandished or not; and
! Increases to thirty (30) years without parole or probation the punishment for
individuals caught with a machinegun or other automatic weapon.

œ  Work to Reduce Handgun Crime in Our Communities: Pennsylvania has become
a source of illegal handguns to other states and handgun violence in our communities
remains unacceptably high.  Although a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, Ed
Rendell believes that we have to protect our communities from violence.  [b]As Governor,
he will propose and push for a limit on handgun purchases to one per month for each
legal purchaser in a household – i.e. 12 per year for individuals and 24 for married
couples.

The only people who need to purchase multiple handguns a month are those who
desire to sell the weapons on the black market for profit.  We cannot continue to allow
these criminals to gain access to a cache of handguns, which they unleash onto our streets
and into the hands of other criminals – or even worse -- our children. [/b]

œ  Help Communities Adopt “Operation Ceasefire”: Ed Rendell shares the belief that
to control gun violence in our communities, we must fully enforce the laws we have on
the books.  As Philadelphia’s Mayor, Ed Rendell worked with the NRA and others to
implement “Operation Ceasefire” in Philadelphia.  This innovative program – the first
adopted by any American big city – transfers gun crime cases (possession of a firearm by
a convicted felon or drug dealer) from state court to federal court where penalties are fare
more severe.  
Since its inception in Philadelphia in late 1998, over 650 defendants who were
transferred to federal court by city policy and prosecutors have been convicted and
sentenced to an average of 9.8 years in jail.  Prior to 1998, these types of violations had
received an average of four months incarceration in the state court system.
As Governor, Ed Rendell will ensure that counties that want to implement their
own “Operation Ceasefire” will get the technical assistance to do so.  He will also
successfully lobby Congress to provide the funds for additional US Attorneys and
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agents in every district of the state.

Need any KY?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#18]
You can move to Oklahoma we are pro gun NFA and it is cheap to live here come on down guys.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes but who controls the Legislature?

Basicly are you not just heading for 4 years of deadlock?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top