Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 5:37:38 PM EDT

Quoted:
The above post about the Bush executive order is total and complete bullshit.

Umm, well DUUUUUUH!

It's not real- there's no link and the bold test at the bottom should have explained to anyone paying attention that it's not real.

It's supposed to be a call to get off our sorry &%^*$@! and be ready for the anti storm that WILL come up over this sunset.  I want $200 beta mags.  I want $9.95 NIW AR15 mags.  I want a bunch of folders... ATTACHED TO MY RIFLES.

A troll stirs things up.  Going by that definition, I guess I trolled there.  However, in this case I'll proudly wear that label.

Call and fax your reps-- or unlock my post in 9 days when the law is reauthorized in one way or another due to our own inaction.  You can go to the Gun Owners of America's page to get your reps' contact info.  www.gunowners.org/activism.htm

Mike

PS.  A link to the original post for those who might be confused: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=271470
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Or, you could just post in this thread www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=271445, instead of starting a new one.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Or, you could just post in this thread www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=271445, instead of starting a new one.

Eh, it's one thing to see "call your reps!"  Unfortunately, a lot of folks WON'T act or do anything unless they get scared.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Posting Bullshit helps though?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Posting Bullshit helps though?

If that bullshit-- with a note at the end stating "you could see this if you don't call or write your reps..."-- scares people into action...

I'll take cries of bullshit, troll, asshole, or whatever name people with to label me with.

I stand my ground.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The anti-gunners are up to enough crap that we don't need people like you posting fake bullshit just to get us riled up.  

The thread title " AWB extension set to be pushed by anti's on Thursday!!!   "  did a lot more to motivate me than bullshit thread did.  All your thread did was get me pissed at you for being such an ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The anti-gunners are up to enough crap that we don't need people like you posting fake bullshit just to get us riled up.  

The thread title " AWB extension set to be pushed by anti's on Thursday!!!   "  did a lot more to motivate me than bullshit thread did.  All your thread did was get me pissed at you for being such an ass.

Swire, I respect you.  You've said a lot of stuff in many posts that has helped me out in the past.

But in this case, I go to your sig line for my reply...

The truth can hurt, deal with it. It's a lot better than burying your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist.

Many gun owners see warnings about calling your reps, etc., and scroll by.  Ever work at a gun show trying to get folks to sign petitions?  How about working for a cantidate?  If you have-- thank you.  If not, try it and see.    Even if it's for the most pro-gun cause out there, getting a signature from those it is to help is like pulling teeth.  On the other side, it's an unfortunate fact that fear is a motivator.  If something's gone and done with, NOW they're all lining up to help and to sign papers-- except then it's worthless and beyond doing much good.

If a post makes someone afraid and angry, good.  Perhaps it'll move them to action.  We have a rare opportunity here- for the first time I can think of, a stolen right is being returned.  Just today, I got to be in a gun shop and hear other gun owners act completely confident and cocky about it going away.  You know, the original ban's vote was HELD OPEN FOR A LONGER TIME TO GET VOTES TO SWITCH-- originally the ban WASN'T going to pass.  That's against procedure.  WHY IN THE HELL ARE WE SO CONFIDENT NOW??!  Why in the world do we expect them to follow the rules when they already broke them in the past??!

I want the ban to sunset and I want a window of opportunity larger than a few months.  Is Bush's reelection a lock?  Is a pro-gun hold of the House and Senate a guarantee??!  (Hell, do we even have the Senate NOW..?)  The ban going away IS something-- but do we want a few months or forever?

In this case, I must thank you for calling me an ass.  I'll take that and any other derogative comments and other foul language anyone wants to throw at me over this.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Standing on a pile of Bullshit to make a credible point is just a waste of time.

Your heart may have been in the right place, but your post was not scary or shocking (well, the title was), it was stupid. It went way past "could happen" and made you look uninformed.

The ground you proudly stand on stinks. Stryker did the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

or this one www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=271163
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top