Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:44:19 PM EDT
I'm going to be a father come next May. Happy as i am i also have a huge pucker factor of maybe 8 on this. I am very protective of her,our dog and family so i am looking at the remainder of my life being stressed and worrying about another life.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:44:59 PM EDT
Welcome to real life.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:45:09 PM EDT
Congrats man!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:45:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WindGapAR15:
i am looking at the remainder of my life being stressed and worrying about another life.

That's SOP for fathers. Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:47:15 PM EDT
I'm blocking out the 50% option of it being a girl. I cannot handle that right now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:48:02 PM EDT

I'm blocking out the 50% option of it being a girl. I cannot handle that right now.

You may as well start growing up now.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:49:45 PM EDT by Dru]

I got lucky............. My daughter was my last child..... She'll have two older brothers to watch out for her, besides the fact that she's probably going to be mean anyway dealing with those two.......

It'll be alright man........don't sweat it!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:49:46 PM EDT
no way..i just had surgery last week and the painkilers make my fantasies of beating the shit out of zit covered potential suitors way too realistic!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:10 PM EDT
I have a babygirl due on Christmas, My ass just recently unpuckered. I don't know what to do since I will no longer be my wife's only child.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:19 PM EDT
Believe it or not...parenthood comes naturally to 99 percent of intelligent human beings. Don't worry about it and take care of your wife. Ensuring your wife has a good diet, nutrition, and etc. will help your kids for the rest of their life. And smarter kids, generally, make less problems for their parents.

Get to work!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:45 PM EDT

I've got one of each. Yeah boys are fun, there your friend that HAS to do what you want lol. But you don't know love till you hold your baby daughter for the first time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:13 PM EDT
Better you than me buddy!

No, seriously, everyting will be fine. Congratulations!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:25 PM EDT
Congrats, although I must admit, your title doesn't exactly show hapiness, enjoy; firearm nuts are always the best birth control
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:46 PM EDT
Oops
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:52:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:54:40 PM EDT
whoops!! Negligent Discharge just took on a whole new meaning!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:56:08 PM EDT by WindGapAR15]
the title is because with all the back surgery i have been having in the past 3 months i wasnt expecting my pitiful recent half assed performances on painkillers to really do the job.

wanted to throw in here that this is looking like a wedding night special. my boys are working overtime i guess.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:56:51 PM EDT
Sleep every chance you get. You are going to miss it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:20:06 PM EDT
Only a prick could do that to a woman.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:12:34 PM EDT

Well....I went and got my wife pregnant.

How the hell did that happen???

Congrats man. Welcome to the club!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:13:43 PM EDT
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:15:06 PM EDT
I first grey hair showed up when my son was born 6 years ago.

Now I have a lot of them (gray hairs that is).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:18:12 PM EDT
Just pray it's a boy or you'll pull your hair out with the stress of being protective of a daughter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:32:03 PM EDT
Congrats, you never know...you might want a second.....

I sure did.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:34:03 PM EDT
congratulations and best wishes! Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:43:00 PM EDT
I can't imagine being a father yet. When I was with my ex I got thinking about it. But when I got single and started acting like myself again that all went out the window.

I am prett irresponsible right now. I think a child would definetly kick me into gear. Actually I think I would be a good dad. Maybe alittle harsh sometimes. I have a quick temper. Not abusive tho...believe me...if I didn't lay a hand on my ex after all her shit I couldn't hit my children.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:58:04 PM EDT
Once you have kids you won't remember what it's like not to have them. My wife and I had a boy first. Three years later we had a little girl. Big brother is really protective of her already but she can definatly hold her own. I would'nt worry it will become the best time of your life.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:08:09 PM EDT

I'm going to be a father come next May. Happy as i am i also have a huge pucker factor of maybe 8 on this. I am very protective of her,our dog and family so i am looking at the remainder of my life being stressed and worrying about another life.

anybody ever tell you that thats what happens when you inherit wealth, or don't pull out in time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:26:51 AM EDT
Well congrats I guess. It's not for my wife and I.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:22:20 AM EDT

I'm going to be a father come next May.

Congratulations! Now do it again in another year. You should have three kids, preferably four.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:27:04 AM EDT
T-minus 9 days and counting for me! We're having a little girl (my first). My wife is SO ready to have her... the swollen hands and feet are really hard in August in Texas. :)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:28:36 AM EDT
At least you have it in the right order.

Children are a blessing to a marriage. I can't think of any greater joy than the joy children bring.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:34:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
whoops!! Negligent Discharge just took on a whole new meaning!

That's the understatement of the century...anyway Congrats Man!! Your gonna' love it.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:35:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:46 AM EDT
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

My hubby (Hard Rock) and I just had our first child last month. Much to his chagrin, we have a daughter. He's not looking forward to when she starts dating.

Some advice:
- Get lots of sleep now.
- Remember that your wife's body has temporarily been taken over by an alien being. She will return to normal at some point in the future, most likely after she stops breastfeeding.
- If there's a gun you really want, get it now, because once that child is born your discretionary funds will dry up.
- If you and your wife both will both work after the baby is born, find day care now. Most places have waiting lists.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:47 AM EDT
No Pictures?

I have three kids (8, 5, 17-mo) and while your life is about to change in ways you can not imagine those changes are not all bad ... enjoy and congrats!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 6:55:58 AM EDT by Jasba]

Gongrats......begin stocking up on ammo right now.......I have two daughters....4 and 2....and I have NOWHERE near enough ammo yet.......although I may not need it for the 4 year old.......she got in trouble for giving the new boy in daycare an elbow in the eye a couple of days ago after he pushed her around......thats my little girl.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:18 AM EDT
Welcome to adulthood. Your life will never be the same again.

It will get better by the day!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:18 AM EDT
Sure it was you?

Congrats -
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:56:51 AM EDT
Don't worry about having a girl. All there is to sweat about it is she might get pregnant when she's 11 and run away with a crack dealer...Once she's 18, married, and having your grandbaby, you're home free!

But really, I have three daughters, 6,8, and 10 and two twin sons, 8. I worry about them for a few minutes every day when they aren't in my sight and I imagine it will be that way for the rest of my life. But it just proves that I love them. Babies are sweet, you have a good 3-4 years before they turn on you!

I cringe when I hear about teen pregnancy, but I'm not worried about it yet.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:04:26 AM EDT
you have no need to stop at 1! I have two, and regret not having more. The stress will come, but the reward is unmeasurable. The first time that little hand grabs your finger, or you hear "I love you Daddy" come from your child, it is awesome... Now if I could just get the kids to start cleaning up after themselves.....

CONGRATULATIONS!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:09:22 AM EDT
Congrats dude, you'll enjoy every minute of it, well....almost every minute.

Here's a few tips that really helped me out.

Start practicing the lack of sleep thing NOW. 5 or 6 hours a night now will help train your body for later on, when you are up every 2 hours.

Pay extra special attention to your wife thru all of these changes. If she is getting into something do it with her. You dont want to miss anything and want her to feel as much love as you possibly can. She is goin thru alot of changes, stick w/it.

+1 on the stock up on guns n ammo thing right now (before the babies room is decorated!) It will take you possibly around 2 years to recover and start working your budget to where you can afford the disease again.

Make sure you have got an ultra reliable vehicle for mom to drive the baby around and make sure she can access it easily when she is prego.

When buying carseats, dont go the cheap route. Read up on em and do your homework.

oh man, hang on, its gonna be a fun ride.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:16:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 7:17:45 AM EDT by SPTiger]
Congrats!

I thought I never wanted kids until we had our first, a boy, almost two years ago. He has been the greatest thing that's ever happened to us. Our second is due in January, and we just found out yesterday that it will be a boy also. I was happy of that fact mainly from the financial side of it because we won't have to buy many new clothes for the baby. No painting bedrooms or anything.

BTW, this will be my last child barring divine intervention. I've decided to get "fixed" in a few months. I will be 37 when the new baby arrives, and I want to be able to play catch in the backyard and go hunting with the boys while I am able. I don't want to be using a cane at their high school graduation.

ETA, I'll have to give up my "play room". Our computer, my reloading bench, and all my ammo and mags are stored in the spare bedroom. I am going to have a little shop built out back to put all my playthings in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:18:10 AM EDT
Everything changes for you now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:19:35 AM EDT
the past couple years have been back surgery after back surgery so i have the lack of sleep thing down cold. im really hoping i will heal up quickly so i can get back to work and make some money. its really frustrating to be notworking and laid up physically and now with this news...i feel like less of a man or something.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:30:08 AM EDT
Congratulations! My little girl will be two next month, my wife and I also have a son soon to be five. I love my son but trust me there is a reason for the saying, daddys little girl. My little girl got out of bed this morning to help daddy get ready for work. She cried and called for daddy when I had to hand her to my wife so I could leave. Stress is there, and yes I am now seeing the gray but hey it comes with time anyway.
Children are the greatest gift that we can receive from GOD while here on earth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:36:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 7:37:11 AM EDT by Jasba]
I forgot....some more advice...
1. Buy 4 alarm clocks.......set them up as far from your sleeping quarters as possible.....turn the volume all the way up and set them to go off in the middle of the night approximately 45 minutes apart.....each time one goes off turn it off, then stand in front of the stove for 10 minutes.......this is training.
2. Rent old copies of "Roseanne" and the "Exorcist". Your wife will act like the character in the "Exorcist", and sound like Roseanne Barr.....get used to it she will return to normal when the kids start grade school.....hopefully if you are lucky like me she will not look like Roseanne....
3. Buy pickles, potato chips, salsa and tortilla chips, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, ice cream, and cake frosting ( but no cake mix). Keep them handy, you will need them in the next 8 months.....trust me.

Have fun.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:40:06 AM EDT

Congrats !

I had my first boy two weeks ago. Best thing that has happened to me in a long time. Don't worry about it, when you look your baby in the eyes for the first time you will be a changed man. Trust me .
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 4:27:05 PM EDT by chevypower]
Join the club, I've got an 8 month old daughter. I'm very protective also and when we found out it was a girl I really started worrying. She's the greatest thing on Earth and I cherish every moment with her (even though she only slept through the night like eight times in 8 months)!! I worry like hell (I'm already afraid of her becomming a teenager and she isn't even one yet!) but she's well worth it. Enjoy her and do the best you can to keep her safe.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:44:13 PM EDT
Tonight was our first bout of evening sickness. Fun in this house with me being a week post op with 25 or so staples in my stomach and she puking and grumpy.,,,,my mom says saltines are the way to go for evening sickness,any advice from our child bearing experts?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:46:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT by 4v50]
Congratulations! May you and your wife enjoy your bundle of joy.

Start planning for college. Some universities allow their employees to go to school for free. Keep that in mind.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top