Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:22:06 PM EDT
No, I'm not looney. I started radiation treatments, and it is making me sicker than shit. All I want to do all day is sleep and puke. I guess the meds for schizophrenia also suppress the vomiting center in your brain. So instead of sleeping and puking all day long, I just want to sleep now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh.

Give your guns to someone else for the time bein, k?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I was gonna be an ass and ask how both of you like them

Then I read your post. Hope you get through OK.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow that sucks.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Get better soon, can you use a
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My thoughts to your well being.  Hang in there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Please get better, we need like minded people.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Good luck, and hang in there !!  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn, Kooter Hang in there.

No shit,  I hope you get to feeling better
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Depakote? IIRC it was originally for epilepsy, but now there are a host of off-label uses for it, including bipolar and "Dude, you are acting really weird. Take some of this. Look - it's an antacid. It says 'kote' right on the label, like 'kotes your stomach for instant relief.' Try it. Please." All kidding aside, I have seen it prescribed for just about everything.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy shit, you have cancer?  Good luck and get well!

PS, doesn't the wacky tobaccy stuff suppress nausea caused by chemo?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Holy shit, you have cancer?  Good luck and get well!

Yeah, but SCOTUS decided that docs don't really know what's good for their patients... the BATF does.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck, man.

Quoted:

Yep, and better than the meds I've read too.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Depakote? IIRC it was originally for epilepsy, but now there are a host of off-label uses for it, including bipolar and "Dude, you are acting really weird. Take some of this. Look - it's an antacid. It says 'kote' right on the label, like 'kotes your stomach for instant relief.' Try it. Please." All kidding aside, I have seen it prescribed for just about everything.

Not depakote. They got me on prochlorperazin.

Holy shit, you have cancer? Good luck and get well!

Technically, not anymore. I had a nut-sectomy because of a testicular seminoma. The CT scan showed that it hadn't spread at all. But the radiation is just to make sure, incase the cancer is small enough that they can't see it in the CT scan.

Kooter

aka:
Koter
uniballer

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Technically, not anymore. I had a nut-sectomy because of a testicular seminoma. The CT scan showed that it hadn't spread at all. But the radiation is just to make sure, incase the cancer is small enough that they can't see it in the CT scan.

Kooter

aka:
Koter
uniballer

My dad had the same thing a while ago, and they also did some precautionary radiation, just to be sure.  He's compeltely fine, and the doctors do not ever expect to see it again.

Here's hoping yours will be as easy !!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit, you have cancer? Good luck and get well!

Kooter

aka:
Koter
uniballer

I don't even know who you are and I am really happy to hear that (don't take that the wrong way...). Glad to hear you'll be OK!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn lucky you found it before it spread.

Get better soon.  

How did you find out BTW?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Get better soon, both of you.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Get well soon!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I gotta ask: Did they give your boy back so you can carry him around in a locket?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Damn lucky you found it before it spread.

Get better soon.  

How did you find out BTW?  

Felt a lump while taking a shower.....yeah that's it, while taking a shower...

Within 2 weeks of finding the lump I was on the operating table having it removed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I gotta ask: Did they give your boy back so you can carry him around in a locket?

No I asked, but they wouldn't let me keep it
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Technically, not anymore. I had a nut-sectomy because of a testicular seminoma.

Damn! That's the SINGLE worst story I've heard on this board. It sounds like you really dodged the big ONE though.

My name's motown_steve, you've been great!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That prompts me to ask if you are getting (or already got) a prosthetic replacement, or you're just going solo from now on?  

I was amazed when I head that my dad got a prosthetic - I didn't even realize there was a company out there that manufactures fake balls.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

My dad had the same thing a while ago, and they also did some precautionary radiation, just to be sure.  He's compeltely fine, and the doctors do not ever expect to see it again.

Ouch! Um, could you rephrase that, please?

Get well soon, Koots.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#26]
You're going to forget that you have a troll account.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No, I'm not looney.

<cough> bullshit! <cough>
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That's Compazine.  As a nurse, we give it frequently to people with nausea who do not have schizophrenia.  It's no big deal.

Rad therapy can be very nauseating so I would recommend following your doctor's advice about taking it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#29]
from what i understand, many psychotropic medications were originally manufactured and intended for other medical conditions

keep feeling better  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Use for psychosis is far from primary, it's more of an anxiety/vertigo drug, and yes, anti-nausea.

For a real personal shitstorm, try Abilify or Risperdal sometime.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That prompts me to ask if you are getting (or already got) a prosthetic replacement, or you're just going solo from now on?  

I was amazed when I head that my dad got a prosthetic - I didn't even realize there was a company out there that manufactures fake balls.  

"So anyhoo, Shven, dere tellin me I should get one a dese 'neuticles' one time. Whaddaya tink?"

"Wha' do I tink? I'll tell ya one ting fer sure, Oley, you chust stick yer hand here in dese overalls one time, if you wanna know fer sure."

"Damn, Shven. Dat feels chust like yer old - I mean like a real one. . . . Hey, we ain' been campin'in a while, Shven."

"Dat's true Oley. We should go soon one time."
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope you start to feel better soon.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought about a fake nut. But I don't see any benefits of getting one. Not worth the surgery to have one "installed" IMO. It felt a little wierd at first only having the one left. But I'm used to it now, and so is the wife I won't get into her reasons for liking the fact that I only have one left
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I thought about a fake nut. But I don't see any benefits of getting one. Not worth the surgery to have one "installed" IMO. It felt a little wierd at first only having the one left. But I'm used to it now, and so is the wife I won't get into her reasons for liking the fact that I only have one left

Does it hang to the center?  If so, I think we can figure out why.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it hang to the center?  If so, I think we can figure out why.......

Still to the right, just not as far to the right as it used to.

The worst part is that when I run, I run in circles now
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#36]
If you start to feel down make sure you tell someone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Haven't heard a Sven and Oley joke since, since...  well since everything became PC.  

Kooter,  Compazine don't mean you're looney, even though some of your on line collegues may think so!  

It's an anti nausea med, as our Nurse pointed out.  Don't mean nothing.  Pretty soon it won't even make you sleepy.

Hang in there, brother.

By the way, did you hear about when Sven and Oley bought a new chain saw?    

They couldn't figure why they could only cut 3 cords of wood a day with it, when they could cut 5 with their old cross cut saw.

They took it back to the salesman after 3 weeks of using it. They told him it wouldn't work and he started it up right there.

"Vrooooom...."

They looked at each other and asked..."What's that sound???"

Told to you here by the object of that joke, an old Square Head Swede.

Best wishes,

You bet, Ya sure.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Does it hand to the center?  If so, I think we can figure out why.......

No, weird enough it stays where it was put originally.

Koter, I didnt get nauseus, but damn I got the runs. Gallons and gallons of H2O.

Be very careful of the damn anti run shit they give you. Yeah, it stopped the runs. For four days nothing, and then a brick came out my ass. Man oh man was I ever glad that was over with.

Mine went for 8 weeks, some hockey puck region in the gut, to stem any spread to lymph nodes. I only wanted to eat fish the whole time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I havent eaten much fish since then.

Oh yeah, in the shower two weeks or so after the radiation ended, BAM, all the hair in the exact radiation pattern fell off. It came back 100%.

Out of the two old men I was scheduled with everyday, one of them wanted a drink a night, one couldnt stand the smell. I couldnt stand the thought.

Hang tough man, hope its all over by the time LCR rolls around.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it hand to the center?  If so, I think we can figure out why.......

No, weird enough it stays where it was put originally.

Koter, I didnt get nauseus, but damn I got the runs. Gallons and gallons of H2O.

Be very careful of the damn anti run shit they give you. Yeah, it stopped the runs. For four days nothing, and then a brick came out my ass. Man oh man was I ever glad that was over with.

Mine went for 8 weeks, some hockey puck region in the gut, to stem any spread to lymph nodes. I only wanted to eat fish the whole time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I havent eaten much fish since then.

Oh yeah, in the shower two weeks or so after the radiation ended, BAM, all the hair in the exact radiation pattern fell off. It came back 100%.

Out of the two old men I was scheduled with everyday, one of them wanted a drink a night, one couldnt stand the smell. I couldnt stand the thought.

Hang tough man, hope its all over by the time LCR rolls around.

Luckily I only have to go through 3 weeks of treatment. I think I am going to use some sick time right before LCR just to make sure I feel up to it During the day, I don't feel like eating anything, but later in the evenings I can't eat enough food.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#40]
The power of the mind to overcome and controll illness is very powerfull don't under estimate it. My Brother fought a rare type of leukemia that originally gave him 6 month to a year. He survived several onslauts and lived 15 years longer. Durng his remisions he found a new love of his life, became a long distance biker. He told me that he almost gave up when he had to leave the Chicago Police Dept. after 17 years of service.  He felt each time he beat the disease it was like "winning a marathon" and it became his new goal in life.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Well, I'm on schizophrenia meds now  

So which one of you is posting now?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hope you get better soon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#42]
1 nut or 2 , you're my hero man.  

He broke the mold when he made the Kooter.

Best wishes bro
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
1 nut or 2 , you're my hero man.  

He broke the mold when he made the Kooter.

Best wishes bro

I think most of the people on this board are in awe of cooter. Oh, wait. I may have misread that. I'll check back later.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey Kooter, if you die....

can I have your scout?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck the big C.  You WILL be fine.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

can I have your scout?

Hell no!! My daughter already said she gets it when she gets older. Said she is going to paint it pink with purple and yellow flowers all over it. It's going to be a Barbie Scout
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

can I have your scout?

Hell no!! My daughter already said she gets it when she gets older. Said she is going to paint it pink with purple and yellow flowers all over it. It's going to be a Barbie Scout

O.K.

Just thought I would ask.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#48]
The shirt. Post a pic of the shirt you wife gave you!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn... you just put me in line... Makes my sciatica seem so trivial... Get well soon friend!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The shirt. Post a pic of the shirt you wife gave you!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top