Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/29/2015 4:03:52 PM EDT
Went to an animal complaint, with the intent to also arrest the owner on an active warrant.

Made contact with perp, who I have a good rapore with. Asked if the dog got loose.

"Ya....watch out he's right there and he will bite you."
Turn ansee tan/white pit who proceeds to charge. I raise my right leg to brace, he latches onto my calf and takes me down. We scuffle, he bites my left hip,.

Owner comes to my aid grabbing him by the throat I scramble to my unit and radio for ems.

Just left the hospital with 10 stitches.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Trash breed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Went to an animal complaint, with the intent to also arrest the owner on an active warrant.

Made contact with perp, who I have a good rapore with. Asked if the dog got loose.

Turn ansee tan/white pit who proceeds to charge. I raise my right leg to brace, he latches onto my calf and takes me down. We scuffle, he bites my left hip,.

Owner comes to my aid grabbing him by the throat I scramble to my unit and radio for ems.

View Quote

Did you leave the dog with 10 bullet holes?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Was the owner charged with letting the animal be unrestrained?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative, owner was in the line of fire, and he's not a complete turd.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
What happened to shoot first,  ask questions later?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]

My best guess would be because a dog can't pour a 40 on the ground. Just a guess.....

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Was the owner charged with letting the animal be unrestrained?
View Quote

More than likely. I cuffed him after he finished beating the dog, while bleeding from my leg. My back up unit was like WTF dude go sit down.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol wait you really let a pit take you down by the leg?  

(And yes I have been attacked by a pit before too, but I picked him up and threw him and I am certainly not a big guy)
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Bad no-shoot.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trash breed.
View Quote

Trash owner.  Neither of mine would bite someone randomly like that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trash breed.

Op was going to take the dogs daddy away, good bite from the dogs perspective.

Bad bite/bad no shoot from the man doing his job perspective.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
They gave you a metric shitload of antibiotics, right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

(And yes I have been attacked by a pit before too, but I picked him up and through him and I am certainly not a big guy)
View Quote

Gravel driveway, I was back peddling. If the owner hadn't come to my aid I'd be in bad shape. It was a legitimately tense moment for me
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They gave you a metric shitload of antibiotics, right?
View Quote

Augmentin? Wife's going fill the script. Dog didn't have his shots either which is just fucking fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Gravel driveway, I was back peddling. If the owner hadn't come to my aid I'd be in bad shape. It was a legitimately tense moment for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(And yes I have been attacked by a pit before too, but I picked him up and through him and I am certainly not a big guy)

Do you not carry a tazer as well?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, when I tell you the dog was on me before I had time to react, I'm not joking. He was probably 15' front me and then on me, and then I was trying to wrestle him off me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#17]
So you're off tomorrow?

Glad you're ok- you sure seem to show a lot of compassion for a guy with a warrant.

And a bad dog.........

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#18]
My pit will lick you to death

My lab will bite your face off
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn man, you let the breed of peace pull an Allah Barkbar on you?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Cant blame the dog if your in its driveway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So you're off tomorrow?

Glad you're ok- you sure seem to show a lot of compassion for a guy with a warrant.

And a bad dog.........

View Quote

I pride myself on not being a dick unless its warranted. I arrested his girlfriend earlier in the day for a warrant to so I kinda felt bad when I went back for him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
We need the racoon getting thrown down the stairs gif so you can learn proper defense against 4 legged creatures.  Does your department go after these people to reimburse medical bills and the lost time?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#23]
You're a good man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cant blame the dog if your in its driveway.
View Quote

True.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We need the racoon getting thrown down the stairs gif so you can learn proper defense against 4 legged creatures.  Does your department go after these people to reimburse medical bills and the lost time?
View Quote

1/3 sick time and the department covers the rest of OTJ injuries.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Left hip
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Right calf all bundled up.

The flack I'm getting from my coworkers is heartwarming
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Rabies shots, OP?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
<SNIP>

The flack I'm getting from my coworkers is heartwarming
View Quote

You think THEY'RE bad, wait until Extorris hears about this!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#30]
#BlackLabsMatter
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rabies shots, OP?
View Quote

Dog goes to the shelter for testing/observation and after he's cleared he gets the needle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Damn man, you let the breed of peace pull an Allah Barkbar on you?
View Quote

lmao

Glad you made it out alright, OP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#33]
If the person knows that the dog is aggressive and still has it loose.... It does not go well for the dog or the owner around here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#34]

u
Quoted:

Yep, when I tell you the dog was on me before I had time to react, I'm not joking. He was probably 15' front me and then on me, and then I was trying to wrestle him off me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can draw in .75 seconds from the holster. Double that time for an "oh shit" and it's still plenty of time to ventilate that pit.

I've got no love for pits.

Glad you're ok.  Next time, shoot that BoP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Jeez OP, it's all fair in war.  The dog thought you were a werewolf with all that hair and was just defending the owner!

Looks like that hurt, glad you weren't more seriously injured.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#36]
What's this "I raised my leg to brace" business?  Do you mean you lifted one foot off the ground?  If so, that's probably why the dog knocked you down.  Honestly, having dealt with dogs my entire life I've never heard of that technique, and would consider it to be dangerous, as it gives the animal more easy access to your face and throat.

Glad you're ok, I hope you heal up fast!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My pit will lick you to death

My lab will bite your face off
View Quote

The first person to ever have a full face transplant needed it because of a Labrador.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

u
I can draw in .75 seconds from the holster. Double that time for an "oh shit" and it's still plenty of time to ventilate that pit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

u
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally the first time I've had a dog go Cujo on me. I love dogs, shit I have 3 lazy retards that live with me. That dog had no intent on stopping the attack.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorry about the bite, dude. That shit's never fun.

Sad for the dog, too. Trash owner didn't bother ensuring its safety or yours. Can't blame the dog for defending its turf or its owner, but I can damn sure blame its owner for putting it in that position in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

u

View All Quotes
Quoted:

u
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the buzzer to the shot? Concealed? The reason I ask is because I teach people that professionally.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Gonna need a DNA test to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Trash breed.
View Quote

Trash owner. A pit that bites, or is aggressive to humans, is not worth the powder to blow it's head off and should not be allowed to live. The worst thing that happened to the breed was the small-penis crowd getting them, "ooh I want a FIGHTING dog, so I can be a tough guy": thugs, 1% bikers, gangs, hood rats, wanna-be tough guys and other trash that got the dogs, which should have never been sold to them. The breed has been ruined by these idiots indiscriminately breeding these animals. You can say that about a lot of things in this world.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What's this "I raised my leg to brace" business?  Do you mean you lifted one foot off the ground?  If so, that's probably why the dog knocked you down.  Honestly, having dealt with dogs my entire life I've never heard of that technique, and would consider it to be dangerous, as it gives the animal more easy access to your face and throat.

View Quote

Let me try to explain what happened a little better.

Guy says "He'll bite you". I turn to the right and saw the dog approximately 15' away, at which point he charged. By the time I was backing up to create distance he was on me and I lifted my right leg to kick that fucker. He latched on and spun me on the loose gravel and I went down. I was trying to keep him away from my face/throat and he grabbed my left hip. Owner stepped in and I staggered back to my unit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Trash owner. A pit that bites, or is aggressive to humans, is not worth the powder to blow it's head off and should not be allowed to live. The worst thing that happened to the breed was the small-penis crowd getting them, "ooh I want a FIGHTING dog, so I can be a tough guy": thugs, 1% bikers, gangs, hood rats, wanna-be tough guys and other trash that got the dogs, which should have never been sold to them. The breed has been ruined by these idiots indiscriminately breeding these animals. You can say that about a lot of things in this world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trash breed.

I have zero hate for the breed, I do have a strong disdain for dogs that bite without provocation. That dog would have done serious damage to child.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Guy says "He'll bite you". I turn to the right and saw the dog approximately 15' away, at which point he charged. By the time I was backing up to create distance he was on me and I lifted my right leg to kick that fucker. He latched on and spun me on the loose gravel and I went down. I was trying to keep him away from my face/throat and he grabbed my left hip. Owner stepped in and I staggered back to my unit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a Pitt come at me once, it is scary how fast they will go from a dead stop to a ten foot gap, luckily for me my Chow was with me and took him down.

Glad your okay.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never witnessed a pit attack but one time at my cousin's his 2yr old son was about to come down some steps which means he would of fell.

Our friend who played college safety is 6'3 230lbs took off running to stop him. Cousin's 165lbs bullmastiff thought he was going to hurt the child so it took off full speed and jerked him down by his calf muscle and then stood between him and the little boy growling. (Scary stuff)

Friend had to go to ER for stitches and they called the Sheriff's Office because they were convinced it was a gunshot wound.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Dibs on your Guns, Ammo, Truck and Porn collection.

Pics of the wife.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad you'll be OK, OP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#49]
What the fuck is all over your couch OP?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What the fuck is all over your couch OP?
View Quote

3yo wanted yogurt last night at 3am, he had a bit of trouble with the packaging
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top