Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:35:42 PM EDT
Well, I'm a freshman in college, and my highschool sweetheart just dumped me. I am just shocked. She said we haven't been spending enough time together. I just figured that "spending time together" wasn't the top priority when both of us have midterms to worry about. She claimed that she just didn't "feel the same" as she used to, and that she didn't feel like she could maintain a good relationship.

I don't know. She always used to nag me for my little annoying issues, like I'm not organized, don't pick up after myself unless I have to, my obsession with firearms. and the fact I don't call her enough. But I never thought she would break up with me due to the little things.

I guess I am actually lucky in the long run. If she lacks the ability to withstand "rough times" and wants to break things off when things aren't perfect, then I'm probably better off single. I plan on working my ass off in college, and don't have time to babysit my girlfriend. If she needs so much attention, I guess I'm better off single. I just don't see why we couldn't work through this. I mean, we've been REALLY busy. I have a few Bs, and she has a few Cs, and we've been trying to work on the academic problems. I guess I thought she'd understand.

She's the only girlfriend I've ever had. I honestly don't know a damn thing about casual dating, or the first place to start. I obviously need to get an "education" in the not too distant future when I get over this. I just don't know what to say, I'm just shocked.

I guess I should look at the brigh side though. This is the only relationship thread in the history of AR15.com where "EJECT" isn't really an option.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
freshmen in highschool???

www.myspace.com post a blog or something

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
As soon as I read the "I'm a freshman in HS" I quit reading the rest. Your in HS who gives a fuck. Your life hasn't even began. NEXT.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As soon as I read the "I'm a freshman in HS" I quit reading the rest. Your in HS who gives a fuck. Your life hasn't even began. NEXT.

qftmft
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
So you have been a member since 6th grade, Just yell NEXT and you'll feel better, too young to think about it to much, move on
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
freshmen in highschool???

www.myspace.com post a blog or something

Damn I'm screwed up tonight! I meant college.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Really, go try to bang a teacher, I heard they like to put out these days.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#7]
9th graders don't write like that IMO
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, if you live the life of the average man you will sleep with hundreds of women, well at least 4 or 5 before you get married. Don't sweat it at all.  Just make sure your next one is hotter. That has worked well for me.  Anytime you lose a chick, replace her with a hotter one.  Win Win.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll give you a hint. Go to college, go to a bar, get hammered, and then bang as many girls as you can. Problem solved. Mods you can now lock this thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
How old were you when you joined? 12?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think you can even have a "High School sweet heart" if you're not even done with HS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
You will be a different person after college and a few years into a career.  Don't start looking for a wife until you have completed those.

Eric  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

qftmft

Translation?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Happens alot.  Usually when they realize that they want to sleep around.

Being tied down at that age seems like a good thing, but when you get older, you realize you should have fucked every high school piece of ass while you still could have (legally).

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't think you can even have a "High School sweet heart" if you're not even done with HS.

Yeah, I typed highschool for whatever reason. I am a freshman at Arizona state.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

exactly, how the hell can she be your HS sweetheart when you are only in the fucking 9th grade?

EMOS these days...
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Pics or didn't happen

+1

IBTL

This

Fail

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like you know what you need to do, you are going to be ok. Actually you sound so much more mature than alott of older guys that have posted these type of threads here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the best thing that could have happened to you. I have had a g/f all of college so far and while I have enjoyed the stability, I have missed out on a lot of tail and fun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm debating whether to post the Browing 50 cal picture from our senior prom, that took place at a hangar at a huge air museum. I will never forget walking towards the door of that dance and seeing the B17 parked right in front of the hangar.

And now my mind is back on the breakup.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn! I just noticed you've been posting here since you were 12 years old!

Get used to irrational women grasshoppah. Their poon makes them crazy. If I had a nickel for every emotional midget that dumped me I could buy a new EBR.

Thought for the day:

The best way to get over a woman is to get into another one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm debating whether to post the Browing 50 cal picture from our senior prom, that took place at a hangar at a huge air museum. I will never forget walking towards the door of that dance and seeing the B17 parked right in front of the hangar.

And now my mind is back on the breakup.

Go fuck all her friends.  Then go fuck a bunch of other high school ass.  

Not for revenge, just cause you can.

Best way to get over a girl is to get under another.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Now seeing that you are in college, here is my advice.

My HS sweetheart dumped me freshman yr of college too.  Get over that shit and get more new poon ASAP!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]
it hurts now, in a couple weeks it wont.

in a month you won't even think about today.

time heals all wounds

when you move on to the next potential girl, dont come off desperate like you just went thru a break up. act cool and confident. chicks can smell desperation.

there are always better chicks out there and statistically the odds of that one being the one you settled down with and married are low. Better chances of a tiger escaping from the zoo and biting your left leg while you get hit by lightning on a sunny day.

keep your head up. when you find another chick. rub it in her fucking face. appear happy, make it a point to hold your chicks hand in front of her and enjoy seeing your ex's regret.

on that note if you plan on working things out with the ex, DONT CALL HER, disapear and i guarantee she will be blowing your phone up by the end of sunday, her not knowing what you are doing all weekend will eat her up. Make your myspace private, block her out of your life and see if she isnt begging to talk again in the next 7 days, you cant call or text her though. Harder to do than it sounds.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

qftmft

Reading comprehension FAIL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#29]
You got lucky.  Now finish your education and fuck anything with a pulse when you get the chance. Just don't tell them you love them, hell don't even call them.  Not until you're done with school.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Now seeing that you are in college, here is my advice.

My HS sweetheart dumped me freshman yr of college too.  Get over that shit and get more new poon ASAP!

Almost no relationship survives the transition between HS and college.  Almost everyone who goes to college with a HS sweetheart will lose that her in that year.

She did you a favor and ended it early.  Go out and spread your wings.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
two things.....  ok it turned out to be more than two... sorry...

best way to get over one girl is to get on top of another.  new pie is amazing at taking your mind off of what you just lost.   and who knows, she might like guns and enjoy shooting them with you.

weither or not you believe the above is ok or not.  i find it is very awsome.  either way, now you have to find a girl that is 10x hotter than the one who dumped you, go out with her, and make sure the old GF see it.  nothing like replacing them quick(even if it is a casual date) and smearing it in the nose of the one who did the dumping.  

don't like either of the above?  i can almost gaurantee that she already had someone in mind to hook-up with for herself.  women do not do these kinda things with out having a plan.  guys, well we don't always have a plan.  if you did you would have seen this coming.  lol

one more thing, your ex-GF has nothing any other woman doesn't have.  and some are more fun to be with than others....  maybe you will find an upgrade...  

plenty of fish in the sea, now go catch your limit.  and wear a condom, untill you both get tested...  

S
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
keep your head up. when you find another chick. rub it in her fucking face. appear happy, make it a point to hold your chicks hand in front of her and enjoy seeing your ex's regret.

on that note if you plan on working things out with the ex, DONT CALL HER, disapear and i guarantee she will be blowing your phone up by the end of sunday, her not knowing what you are doing all weekend will eat her up. Make your myspace private, block her out of your life and see if she isnt begging to talk again in the next 7 days, you cant call or text her though. Harder to do than it sounds.

If she wants to be back together in the next week or two, I'll come back, butI've had plenty of friends who've gone through shit with their ex's after "getting back togther" so if it's more than a week, I'm not going to pursue it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Been there, done that, got the MF'n T-shirt.

Do yourself a favor. Sign up for "Double Your Dating"

Listen, learn, and apply the lessons.

College is a great time for you to be nailing every single coed on campus.

I made the mistake of waiting until grad school to do that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I dated my HS sweetheart all through HS. 2 months after graduation we split.

A year later I found my wife. 10 times better and to think when I split with my HS GF I thought my life was over.

Fuck her man. Life changes drastically after high school. There will be another and you'll wonder what you saw in her in the first place.

Trust me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
plenty of fish in the sea,

Amen to that! There are more hot, liberally dressed women at ASU than anywhere on the planet!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#37]
As said, you're a freshman in college and will be busy very soon.  With school work of course and meeting new friends.  If you're half way decent looking, you'll have zero problems meeting women and hooking up.

There is plenty of time to find a new GF and time is something that is certainly on your side.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I can't even remember all of the names of the girls I dated in high school and college!

You have a high school sweetheart............fool, your date-fu is weak.

You must get our and get some mileage under your belt.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If she wants to be back together in the next week or two, I'll come back, butI've had plenty of friends who've gone through shit with their ex's after "getting back togther" so if it's more than a week, I'm not going to pursue it.

well if you want her to come back, gotta cut her off completely. no contact from you. no late night calls on her voicemail or texts. let her wonder why the fuck you arent calling or why you arent up her ass and it will eat her up, she will end up calling for something simple and then the trick is to let it go to your voicemail and avoid her calls for a day or two, dont answer on the first ring like you were awaiting her call.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Best way to get over somebody, is to get under somebody.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was with my HS sweetheart until sophomore year of college. She dumped me for another guy, for 6 months. When she wanted me back, I had found another girl. Didn't keep me from tapping both their asses to this very day.  

Eventually, I gotta choose one though. My EX is actually looking more awesome every day, while my current GF is DRAGGING on me.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you're at ASU - there's more festive chicks there than anywhere else in Azirona.
Go tubing or go eat in Manzanita (probably co-ed now, was all girl in '81), it's not like there is a lack of good looking women.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I was in a similar spot a while back so I know how your feeling & I'm going to try to help.

1. It's better to find out now rather than when your married & she gets unhappy & takes off with half your stuff.

2. I'm 20 so I still have a few good years left*. So do you. You can find another girl. Don't rush into it though. Desperation doesn't attract girls.

3. Keep in mind that girls are girls. You can live without them & it's best to do that. Don't end up like one of these guys I read about who end up selling their guns just to appease a girl.

4. I know it's a cliche but you must stay true to yourself. I realize now that the girl who broke up with me wouldn't have been the girl I wanted long-term. Know what you can tolerate with a girl & what you require.

In my case, I could tolerate the girl was a smoker but the fact that she was a whore was a no-no. I still try to be friends with her though because she inspired me to workout & better myself. I'll always love her for that even though it didn't work out between us.

I hope this helps.

*Depending on whether or not Obama's hit squads get me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude youre at ASU!!!??  Jesus man, I fly a private jet for a living and Im in Phoenix at least twice a year.  Me and the other pilots refer to Tempe as the promised land.  That is the single point in the universe where hot women come from.  Ill be there in a few weeks.  And Im staying RIGHT near campus at that Courtyard Marriott.  Hit me up with a PM and we will find you some chicky snacks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I am a very self reliant person. I don't depend on others for happiness. I can be perfectly happy being single, and I find that it's a form of maturity that most lack. That being said, I don't go out of my way to appease the pie. I refuse to change my habbits and pro-gun lifestyle. I'm not really that "desperate", and am in no hurry to jump back into a relationship. But if I do find my dream girl, I won't sulk on the sidelines either.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Thats a good way to look at it.  Best advice I can give about dating is dont put any pressure on it.  I used to immediately think from the first date about long term.  Just relax and meet some people.  Shouldnt be hard at ASU.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Go bang her sister.

Then bang her best friend.

Then her best friend's sister.

So on and so forth.

Hell, if her Mom is a MILF, then bang her too.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
plenty of fish in the sea,

Amen to that! There are more hot, liberally dressed women at ASU than anywhere on the planet!

ASU is quite the well stocked pond.    She just did you the biggest favor EVARRR !

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#49]
She's just trying to give you an excuse rather than tell you she's sleeping with someone like Kimbo Slice.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I dated my HS sweetheart all through HS. 2 months after graduation we split.

A year later I found my wife. 10 times better and to think when I split with my HS GF I thought my life was over.

Fuck her man. Life changes drastically after high school. There will be another and you'll wonder what you saw in her in the first place.

Trust me.

+1000 ^^^^^  this

S
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top