Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 7:33:52 PM EDT
After hearing so much about it here on arfcom, I eagerly went to see Serenity when it came out in the theater, and I thought it was fantastic.  I bought it on DVD the day it came out.  I bought the Firefly DVD set a couple of days ago, and watched all the epidodes.  It sucks SO BAD that those 15 episodes and the movie are all we get.  What a fantastic cast.  I know that I'm late with all this, and that its been a cult classic on Arfcom for years now, but damn, that was just a damn fine show.  I don't even know if I'd want them to bring it back now, with Shepard and Wash gone.  It was better than 99% of the shit that Fox replaced it with.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 It was better than 99%  100% of the shit that Fox replaced it with.

There ya go.

Great Show and movie.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i've watched the entire set 4 times now.  i would have loved to see where the original story was going, instead of the abbreveated version to fit into a movie.

there is a rumor that Book was an alliance commander before he became a shepard.  that would have made for some interesting episodes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Every time I watch an episode or the movie, I frankly get bummed.  I can't help but think how shorted we got only getting these few episodes and movie, it is just such great stuff.  It's been years now and we could have had several more seasons of Firefly goodness if only it hadn't been prematurely killed.  It just pisses me off.

At least they managed to get Serenity made though, it more or less rounds out the main story of the show.  That at least gives us a decent ending.

I still keep hoping someone like SciFi will pick it back up and make another season or two, but I'm sure that's extremely unlikely at this point.

Dangit....
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
SciFi had it in repeats, but 6 pm Central on Sunday nights wasn't a great time slot.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
a great sci-fi with western flavor

enjoy the movie and the series
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#6]
And yet tripe like "Laverne and Shirley" or "Married With Children" will run for years.

Television is not the place to look if you're seeking a glimmer of hope.

Oh well, I just finished season 2 of B5.  Time to buy season 3...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top