Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 3:35:49 PM EDT
These New Orleans confiscation threads are pissing me off and I felt I had to do something. For years there was something I couldn't put my finger on turning me off to the NRA, and it always prevented me from sending in my $35.00.

I sent it in. We need to put any BS insignificant differences out of the way and support the only organization that's gonna stand up for our RKBA.

I challenge another ARFCOM brother who hasn't joined yet to do so now.

It's only 35 bucks. Who's gonna man up?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, im taking my girl to go see Exorcism of Emily Rose tonight.  If I have any cash after that.......I might join ya.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for joining!

Danny

Life since 1986
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I am re-upping this month.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I just spoke with a Rep. from Dillon Precision.

Mike used to offer a discounted membership through Dillon, I forgot to ask the price. But I did ask if they still offered the NRA Membership Discount through them.

Yes they DO!

IT's $25.00 through Dillon for the first year. Use your Credit Card!

I also asked if the membership had to be combined with an order.

NO it DOES NOT!

I did not see it on the website, or in my Blue Press (yet) found it in the centerfold.

Save a few Bucks and Call Dillon and go through them on your NRA Membership.

Tell them you saw it on AR.15.com if you like. 1-800-223-4570

Danny
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
These New Orleans confiscation threads are pissing me off and I felt I had to do something. For years there was something I couldn't put my finger on turning me off to the NRA, and it always prevented me from sending in my $35.00.

I sent it in. We need to put any BS insignificant differences out of the way and support the only organization that's gonna stand up for our RKBA.

Chalk one more up for the good guys1

Glad to have you aboard
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just spoke with a Rep. from Dillon Precision.

Mike used to offer a discounted membership through Dillon, I forgot to ask the price. But I did ask if they still offered the NRA Membership Discount through them.

Yes they DO!

IT's $25.00 through Dillon for the first year. Use your Credit Card!

I also asked if the membership had to be combined with an order.

NO it DOES NOT!

I did not see it on the website, or in my Blue Press (yet).

Save a few Bucks and Call Dillon and go through them on your NRA Membership.

Tell them you saw it on AR.15.com if you like. 1-800-223-4570

Danny

Too late for me, I already sent them $35. Oh well, makes up for waiting so long to join...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chalk one more up for the good guys1

Glad to have you aboard

X2
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Too late for me, I already sent them $35. Oh well, makes up for waiting so long to join...

It's the thought that counts.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate!

Others will see the post hopefully and climb aboard.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I renewed today. NRA has been chasing S397 for the last two years like the Holy Grail at the expense of most other legal gun control issues.

They get money from mfrs, but to ignore things like the Gonzales parts kits ban and the confiscation in NO was the end for me. They've started speaking out against the confiscations in NO so I decided to renew. Better a half-assed ally than none at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The NRA not doing ANYTHING in NOLA motivated you to sign up?

They won't be getting my renewal come February. Only results I've seen from them a nunber of phone calls and letters soliciting money. The AWB expiring was not their doing, so don't try to tell me they were responsible for that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They won't be getting my renewal come February. Only results I've seen from them a nunber of phone calls and letters soliciting money. The AWB expiring was not their doing, so don't try to tell me they were responsible for that.

It's a bit early to judge their reaction to the NO situation, don't you think?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a bit early to judge their reaction to the NO situation, don't you think?

The NRA, being the largest organization representing and fighting for 2nd Amendment rights, has done NOTHING. At the very least, they should DENOUNCE these confiscations. All they did in their NRA-ILA newsletter was say the following, and I quote:

But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time.

Are you fucking kidding me!? The government is ALREADY infringing on 2nd Amendment rights in the worst possible way, and they're "monitoring this situation"?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

All they did in their NRA-ILA newsletter was say the following, and I quote:

But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time.

Are you fucking kidding me!? The government is ALREADY infringing on 2nd Amendment rights in the worst possible way, and they're "monitoring this situation"?

let me interpet.........

we really don't have any plan other then ask for more money, and to send out new polls with the question, "do you think that what has happened in new orleans is a infrigment on the 2nd admnt?"
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]
not I said the cat!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What exactly are you expecting them to do? BTW, how do you know what exactly they are doing?

In any case this is the statement they released today.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 12, 2005
www.nraila.org

Disaster Can't Destroy Gun Rights

(Fairfax, VA) -- National Rifle Association leader Wayne LaPierre slammed New Orleans authorities Monday for seizing legal firearms from lawful residents.

"What we've seen in Louisiana - the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster - is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves, " LaPierre said.

"When law enforcement isn't available, Americans turn to the one right that protects all the others - the right to keep and bear arms," LaPierre said. "This attempt to repeal the Second Amendment should be condemned."

The New York Times reported last Thursday that no civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to have guns, quoting the superintendent of police that "only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons."

A Louisiana state statute allows the chief law enforcement officer to "regulate possession" of firearms during declared emergencies. "But regulate doesn't mean confiscate," said Chris W. Cox, the NRA's chief lobbyist.

"Authorities are using that statute to do what the looters and criminals could not: disarm the law-abiding citizens of New Orleans trying to protect their homes and families," Cox said.

"The NRA will not stand idly by while guns are confiscated from law-abiding people who're trying to defend themselves," he said.

"We're exploring every legal option available to protect the rights of lawful people in New Orleans," Cox said, "and we're taking steps to overturn such laws in every state where they exist."

"Local authorities in New Orleans are turning nature's assault on human life into man's assault on human rights," LaPierre said. "Four million NRA members intend to stop this unconstitutional power grab."
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix it.  I thought we learned that by watching the left?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Good job on joining the NRA.  
I've been a member since 2001
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]
This shouldn't be on page 3...

To combat you boners who believe the NRA should have put their chest out and lasso'd the authorities in NO, you need to keep in mind that the NRA plays the political game.  A bad sound bite can cost them ALL of the power regained since GB1 resigned thereby allowing the NRA to be a whipping post for years.  A post the Clintons used well for years.

The ones who SHOULD have become loud quickly in NO to fight constitutional transgressions are the Attorney General's offices, and as a last resort Justice Department.   Friends, THAT is the broken system, not the NRA!

The NRA is merely an interest group with a strong lobby...

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I renewed today. NRA has been chasing S397 for the last two years like the Holy Grail at the expense of most other legal gun control issues.

They get money from mfrs, but to ignore things like the Gonzales parts kits ban and the confiscation in NO was the end for me. They've started speaking out against the confiscations in NO so I decided to renew. Better a half-assed ally than none at all.

Joe, I think you're selling the NRA a little short. Rest assured that they played a significant role in seeing that the AW ban was allowed to sunset without replacement or renewal.

Credit where credit is due folks...  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Congrats on joining the NRA.  Now that you have done so might I suggest that you invest in a larger mailbox as you will be receiving 9530583353 mailings requesting that you donate more money.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not a member yet. I've had some unexpected bills come up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Congrats on joining the NRA.  Now that you have done so might I suggest that you invest in a larger mailbox as you will be receiving 9530583353 mailings requesting that you donate more money.

... or you can make a simple telephone call to them & request that you not receieve any solicitations by mail, phone or E-mail and they will gladly honor your request.

That's what I did & I haven't received a solicitation in 5+ years.    
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I sent in the cash for an NRA membership during the membership sponsorship drive. My team membership was activated quickly but I haven't heard anything from the NRA. Should be any day now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for joining-Member since 1977
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix it.  I thought we learned that by watching the left?

Neither does rants on internet message boards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither does rants on internet message boards.

rants are free
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#28]

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

When governments abuse their powers and the laws to prevent or correct the abuse of those powers are repudiated by the now criminal goverment then legal challenges through political and legal means only serve to encourage further government abuse of powers and weaken those with limited resources to marshal effective resistance against the tyranny.

The NRA only makes things worse with false hopes.

Spend your money on ammo training and organizing your local militia.

Patrick Henry's The war inevitable was one of the world best ever rants, we need more of such rants.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm already a member, but I'll match what you spent on your membership and send it in!

PLEASE JOIN IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I joined Friday... I have no excuse for not doing it sooner. I'm just mildly retarded sometimes I guess.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:35:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... or you can make a simple telephone call to them & request that you not receieve any solicitations by mail, phone or E-mail and they will gladly honor your request.

Hmm, I didnt know you could do that.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:48:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm re-upping to life member.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:56:11 AM EDT
[#33]
As soon as my crap ass promotion goes through at work (probably ina month or so) and I get my 9.5 % raise I plan on doing the easy pay life deal. I may not agree with everything they do, but they are the biggest voice, practically the only voice really for any gun owner. I still think starting some kind of military rifle owners association would be kinda cool, and specifically target laws pertaining to military style assault rifles and the likes. But, that would take years to get enough of a money base/voice to effectively lobby in Washington.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Click here to join the NRA

This link allows you to join online for $25.00. This is the one year membership that is normally $35.00.

That is the direct link. I also have it posted on my two home pages if you lose the link.

Link 1, Colorado AR15 Shooters

Link 2, Colorado Shooting

I know the NRA may be controversial, but if you want to join at least you can save $10.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#35]
For all its faults (and there have been some), the NRA is the greatest lobbying entity we have for the 2nd Amendment.  Life Member since 1988 (my Dad's High School Graduation Gift to me).  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Lifer here. I think their magazines are pretty decent, too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#37]
<-------------------------------------

Been there done that, welcome to the club.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here not a single phone call or piece of junk mail in 8 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top