Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 2:44:32 PM EDT
Its that time for the Qtrly Arms Fair, here in Sydney. I have been to shows throughout Australia, Canada, and the USA, and they all draw the same crowd! You never feel homesick.

Here, well there is no SA rifles, everything else is pretty much the same. Lotsa handguns, and mil eqpt etc, and related items. Edged wpns reloading gear etc, etc. Big too. It will take hours to see it all. Got 500 bucks to spend. What should I buy?
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hay 1feral1 I could use a boomerang.  
 Hope you find a good deal on a gun there.
I just got to know if you ever ran into a Funel Web Spider be fore?  Man i hat spiders.

Good luck at the show. Falcon out.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
No more freakin shows here. That really blows, don't it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, went there with 1000 bucks to spend, and only bought admission. It was a good turn out, but nothing fancied me. I was dissapointed though.

As for the spiders (Atrax robustus) Sydney Funnel-Web Spider, yes I have had two run ins. One was crawling on my kitchen floor, and I had bare feet! No weather stripping here, so creatures can get in under the door.

Last night caught a huge 'sabre toothed' brown cricket on my ceiling in the bedroom.

My wife was freaking out. Shocking thing it was. The Sydney Funnel-Web, is the most deadliest spider in the world, its fangs can puncture your finger nail, and you can die within a matter of minutes. The good thing is, there is an anti venom for it.

My claim to fame is, I used to go out with this girl named Jane (of Vaucluse), who's Dad invented the anti venom. He was nighted by the Queen for getting it done. 'Sir Walter'. A medical genius, and former Dean of Medicine of UNSW. He did not like me, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top