Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 3:32:30 PM EDT
At the dentist office.

Took my kids in for a teeth cleaning. She asked if I had been saved. I told her "no" and that my beliefs are different from hers. She said they weren't. I told her politely I wasn't interested and I respect her beliefs, but to please respect mine as well.

She said "ok, but what about your kids?"

We got called in shortly after.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you throw her a bone as a consolation prize?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
As a Christian (non-saved type), sometimes people try to convert me to... Christianity!  I tell them that I am already a Christian, and attend church once a week and they still persist.  

They really shouldn't, because then I sin and get pissed off.

Edited to add:  Post 556, cool.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you found Jesus?? Didnt know I was supposed to be looking.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to the Doctor today.

I reminded him to vote Republican in Novemebr.

He looked at me and said:  "But of course!"

He's a keeprr....

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
If she persisted AFTER politely being told that you're not interested - THAT would seriously cause me to lose my cool!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You should have BLESSED her pooper, then posted pics.

Fixed it.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At the dentist office.

Took my kids in for a teeth cleaning. She asked if I had been saved. I told her "no" and that my beliefs are different from hers. She said they weren't. I told her politely I wasn't interested and I respect her beliefs, but to please respect mine as well.

You should have said I am Jewish, part of god's chosen people. Thanks for offering but I am OK.

And most real Chirstians would have said OK. Remember Christians are supposed to try to reach the unsaved, we are commanded to by god. But we know god has a special plan for Jews.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

She asked if I had been saved. I told her "no" and that my beliefs are different from hers. She said they weren't.  

This is where I would have cut her off and said ..........

Really .... That's Great !  

Do you have a good source for your sacrificial animals , mine is running out ??
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
"Have you found Jesus? " Shit, NO, goldarn it, is he lost again?" or variations on that theme, depending on the questioner and the location..  "MMM, no, did you try down at the river he and his cousin John were playing down there last I heard."

"what is it about my appearance that you don't like and suddenly assume I must be a Sinner, Do I look like a prevert?  Don't have any Satanic tattoos, well none that you can see unless you really want do.  You wanna see it? My hair is combed, my clothes are nice.  Why do you assume I need to be saved?"

"No I went to Confession and Mass last night, I'm good for another week at this rate.  Although everytime I think of loose women I loose a little time,  Darn down to good for 3 days no.  Look whut you done to me?"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]
so...you didn't bitch slap her?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Remember Christians are supposed to try to reach the unsaved, we are commanded to by god.

Whoa, back up the bus there sparky.  You're commanded by God to ask people invasive questions about their personal beliefs?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Everytime I go to the Chiropractor a Korean lady askes me if I know Jesus, which I do, I just smile and say, "I certainly do." every time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If people try and force their views on me they can expect some in return.

You should count it against her if she doesn't try to share her faith with you. Remember, from her point of view the unsaved will be separated from God for eternity, and keeping silent would be like letting a blindfolded stranger walk off the edge of a cliff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I absolutely love the people screaming "TURN OR BURN!" at others from street corners.  Way to spread the Word.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Beware of dentists who appear eager to use general anesthetics.

They're usually the ones with the "Convert-O-Matic" machines in the back room.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
When asked if I have been saved, I usually ask "From what?"  They get a huge look about them when I say that.

THen I go on to say "From what?  A swarm of bees?  The Religious Right?  A bear?  The Yellow Hordes?  A burning building?  Cancer?  The Benifits of Long Distance Savings?  Be specific!"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
At the dentist office.

As a Christian, I'll apologize on behalf of my misguided sister.....

Some people really take it too far.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Too bad you didn't have a copy of the Satanic Bible on you and replied to hag that your looking for new converts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#23]
BE EASY ON HER,
SHE JUST WANTED YOU TO GO TO HEAVEN
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I tell them, yes Im saved and I know that for sure. It justs shuts them right up. When I get people asking me to join the NRA, subscribe to a newspaper, etc. I always tell them I already get whatever they are selling. They always say, OK and hang right up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
people suck.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
"Have you found Jesus? " Shit, NO, goldarn it, is he lost again?" or variations on that theme, depending on the questioner and the location..  "MMM, no, did you try down at the river he and his cousin John were playing down there last I heard."

"...yeah, he's over at my place trimming the shrubs & hedges.  Great gardener but I wish he'd turn down the mariachi music..........."
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Have you accepted athiesim as your non-savior?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
As a Christian (non-saved type), sometimes people try to convert me to... Christianity!  I tell them that I am already a Christian, and attend church once a week and they still persist.  

They really shouldn't, because then I sin and get pissed off.

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Everytime I go to the Chiropractor a Korean lady askes me if I know Jesus, which I do, I just smile and say, "I certainly do." every time.

I'd have replied: "Oh, hell yeah! We're drinkin' buddies"!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd have replied: "Oh, hell yeah! We're drinkin' buddies"!

That 'water into wine' bit does come in handy.............
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Jesus is lost?

Quoted:
Have you found Jesus?? Didnt know I was supposed to be looking.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#33]
No, they found him in the temple. Remember?

Hey, Tac:

Repent and be saved.
(if you have already repented, please disregard this notice)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#34]
"Saved? Why, no, but he hasn't thrown me away yet."

That saved stuff is something I just don't get. Get "saved" and then you go out and be a reprobate and still get into Heaven? No, you still have to seek forgiveness for your sins.

But that's a different discussion.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top