Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:37:50 PM EDT
I got bitched out by the Captain of my Explorer post. This guy is a complete asshole. He only comes to meetings once in a blue moon, thinks that he owns the place because of his rank, and when he does show up to PT meetings he does jack. Tonight for instance he came in 30min before we left (been there for 3 hours). I have lost almost all respect for this guy. I think the Lt's think about the same as I do.

The whole reason I got bitched at was because me and the Post leader where joking around (had been all night) and I was joking around with the post leader at the end about not wanting to give him a Red Gun which we had done the samething 10 min. before. So I finally give him the red gun and everything well the next thing I know the captain says "We need to talk" so I was like ok, well this is when the bitching commenced. While he was running his mouth all I told him was " Yes Sir", "I understand Sir", etc. and in my mind I wasnt saying very nice things, things that would get me kicked out of the post.

Well Sorry for the rant but I had to let off some steam.

Carter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If your unpaid and a volunteer, Never take an ass chewing. Give as good as you get.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
While I understand Explorer thing is good for younger people, some people tend to take it way too far and get way too serious. Sounds like hes a douche, which won't get him far in life.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the same "Explorers" that are/were part of the BSA? Crap, when I was in Explorers there wasn't any of that rank BS.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Explorer post are good too give younger people an insight on LE.  Not a bitching from a captain like we get all day long.

But just take it with a grain of salt, swallow your pride.  I am sure the other guys dont like him either, and without respect from the guys he has nothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top