Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:33:01 AM EDT
Practicly everything I looked at went up from the show just last month. AR's were up over $100.00, and ammo was up $2 to $3.00 a box. Reloaded bulk .223's in plastic bags went up $35.00 for a 500 round ammo box. One thing I did notice at this show people were not crazy buying like the last show.  At that show people were buying anything and everything but this time it seemed that people were just picking up smaller quanities of certain type ammo and the normal orders were 20 or 30 rounds of this and that then maybe 100 of something else. There were a few people buying some by the case but there was plenty of ammo left at the end of the day. The larger dealers that normally have 10 tables of AR's lined up had plenty left over at the end of the day. The month before they were selling out of AR's by mid morning the opening day and there was no ammo left 2:00 pm. Hopefully this means that the rush may be slowing down a little and prices may start to stabilize a little.

Hand guns were another story. I went there to buy me a new Ruger P95 and the guy had one left and that was it. He told me he couldn't keep them in stock and if he could get them at all they were gone within a day after he put them into stock. He said it was pretty much the same with any of the brands of handguns they were flying off the tables left and right. I noticed too that the used guns on tables were as high or higher than the new stuff. that may have been due to a lot of the used stuff was private sales and not regular gun dealers. I guess if you can't buy one legally you don't mind paying a little more to get one. I had one guy follow me into the mens room as he made small talk I didn't know wether he wanted to play with mr winky or what and then he asked me how much do you want for the ruger? I told him I had just bought it but jokingly I told him I paid 400.00 for it and I would take 550.00 and laughed. He said ok and about that time a cop walked in and he took off. I thought at first he was just joking because I was but after that I realized he was serious. I started to rat him out to the cop but I didn't besides he was gone in a flash.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Rat him out?  For what?  Offering to buy a gun in a face to face transaction?

Most states that is not illegal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I know that, but why would he be willing to pay me a buck fifty more than I just paid fo a gun if he was legal and could go to a dealer and buy that same gun for that much less. I don't know......maybe I'm just paranoid.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow,

A cop just happened to walk in the bathroom at the same time this was going on.

Must be your lucky day that he took off

You should of told the officer that a guy wanted to buy your hand gun, bladed out after him and yelled stop! Throwing your empty hand gun and yelling

"STOP THAT MAN!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that, but why would he be willing to pay me a buck fifty more than I just paid fo a gun if he was legal and could go to a dealer and buy that same gun for that much less. I don't know......maybe I'm just paranoid.

because there were no more as you bought the last one
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

why are you willing to be a fearmonger-er
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I don't know, but there were thousands of others out there just like it he could have bought for that kind of money. They had 2 ruger SR9's left on the table he could have gotten for less than that. But more than that it was the way he acted that made me believe there was something up. They arrested 3 people  last gunshow for buying guns for people that were not supposed to have them, maybe I just didn't want to end up like them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Whoa........So they had 500 rounds of .223 for $35?!? Even if it's reloaded by some idiot, the components would be well worth it.
$70 per k of .223?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: that may have been due to a lot of the used stuff was private sales and not regular gun dealers. I guess if you can't buy one legally you don't mind paying a little more to get one.

Dumbest thing I've heard yet today.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the components would be well worth it.    $70 per k of .223?

Seemed like it was not too long ago when cases of wolf were around 90$  and xm855  and 193 were about $160 a case deleivered....

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The shops around me are swimming in $1300 ARs right now.

And the cases of 5.56 Wolf at $325 are just sitting there, next to the beat up USGI mags at $29.

I did see some Q3131 for 9.95 a box.  Been a long time since I have seen any at any price.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Practicly everything I looked at went up from the show just last month. AR's were up over $100.00, and ammo was up $2 to $3.00 a box. Reloaded bulk .223's in plastic bags went up $35.00 for a 500 round ammo box. One thing I did notice at this show people were not crazy buying like the last show.  At that show people were buying anything and everything but this time it seemed that people were just picking up smaller quanities of certain type ammo and the normal orders were 20 or 30 rounds of this and that then maybe 100 of something else. There were a few people buying some by the case but there was plenty of ammo left at the end of the day. The larger dealers that normally have 10 tables of AR's lined up had plenty left over at the end of the day. The month before they were selling out of AR's by mid morning the opening day and there was no ammo left 2:00 pm. Hopefully this means that the rush may be slowing down a little and prices may start to stabilize a little.

Hand guns were another story. I went there to buy me a new Ruger P95 and the guy had one left and that was it. He told me he couldn't keep them in stock and if he could get them at all they were gone within a day after he put them into stock. He said it was pretty much the same with any of the brands of handguns they were flying off the tables left and right. I noticed too that the used guns on tables were as high or higher than the new stuff. that may have been due to a lot of the used stuff was private sales and not regular gun dealers. I guess if you can't buy one legally you don't mind paying a little more to get one. I had one guy follow me into the mens room as he made small talk I didn't know wether he wanted to play with mr winky or what and then he asked me how much do you want for the ruger? I told him I had just bought it but jokingly I told him I paid 400.00 for it and I would take 550.00 and laughed. He said ok and about that time a cop walked in and he took off. I thought at first he was just joking because I was but after that I realized he was serious. I started to rat him out to the cop but I didn't besides he was gone in a flash.

lol, so a guy followed you into the bathroom and offer you money for your gun??
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Within the last week a shop in a nearby city has started to advertise on TV.  The guy highlights a Kimber, Glock and an M&P.

Shows a shot of his ammo shelves.

Refers to magazines as "clips".

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whoa........So they had 500 rounds of .223 for $35?!? Even if it's reloaded by some idiot, the components would be well worth it.
$70 per k of .223?

If you read what I wrote you will find I said it had gone up $35 from what it was at the last gun show. But thanks for playing.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
A guy goes to a gun show and wants to buy a gun off of you...

I can see why you were so freaked out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#15]
You will not go far around here implying that private purchases equal people buying guns illegally, you made two separate statements implying as much in your OP, we rightfully take issue with that because of the "gun show loophole" talking point that the anti-rights activists repeat ad nauseum.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And the cases of 5.56 Wolf at $325 are just sitting there, next to the beat up USGI mags at $29.

I did see some Q3131 for 9.95 a box.  Been a long time since I have seen any at any price.

The markets are correcting themselves right now, deflating the guns and ammo commodities bubble, the gun store proprietors are in denial that they won't be selling out their stock at 50% markup anymore. Once the leases start coming due they will be more reasonable with their pricing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#17]
This weekend... cases of Wolf MC 7.62x39 were flying out the door at $400

I guess if ya don't have it, ya gotta pay to play, but this has become a dummies sport anymore.
Fuck I thought $200 per K was bad...
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
$70 per k of .223?

I believe he said the price went up by $35 per 500, not that it was $35/500.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That the point I was trying to make. At this show they were from between $1299.00 and $1399.00 for a basic stripped down models and people were leaving them on the tables. I bought a Bushmaster 2 shows ago in Jan. and I paid $1099.00 for it, The same dealer wanted $1375.00 for the same gun Sat when I was there. Also I also noticed there were a lot of empty tables the promoter couldn't put dealers in or that dealers backed out on. In any case where it was crowded to some extent it was not the fever pitch as was the shows in the near past. Hopefully this means that the mad rush is over and things will start to mellow out some.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A little birdie told me that Q3131A will be on the market soon . No idea on the price, but probably something ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:42:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Which show ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#22]
sorry, but I'm just gonna throw up the   now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That the point I was trying to make. At this show they were from between $1299.00 and $1399.00 for a basic stripped down models and people were leaving them on the tables. I bought a Bushmaster 2 shows ago in Jan. and I paid $1099.00 for it, The same dealer wanted $1375.00 for the same gun Sat when I was there. Also I also noticed there were a lot of empty tables the promoter couldn't put dealers in or that dealers backed out on. In any case where it was crowded to some extent it was not the fever pitch as was the shows in the near past. Hopefully this means that the mad rush is over and things will start to mellow out some.

I talked to a few gun show dealers a month or so ago and they told me that once they sold the stuff they had, they were screwed because they had no idea when they were going to get anything else in stock.  Thats probably why there were so many empty tables.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I also went to a gun show over the weekend... Smaller town, not nearly as many people as previous shows...  Picked up a GSG5 for 500 and AK22 for 250, not too bad.  They were still gouging the shit out of AR's though LMT basic's were 1400-1600.  Also, Nagants were upwards of 200!!!  Really no ammo to speak of either
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A guy goes to a gun show and wants to buy a gun off of you...

I can see why you were so freaked out.

Well it was  kinda weird. I had been making laps around the show waiting for my paper work to be complete and as I came back to the dealer's booth to ask if it had been done this guy was standing there. I saw him talking to one guy that had just bought a new Glock while I was paying for mine and as I was finishing the deal My wife told Jerry that he probably should send us a Christmas card because we had bought so many guns from him in the past year. He just smiled and said we were on his list. I was wearing an empty holster and stopped to see if my new toy would fit it properly or if I would need to stop by one of the leather shops to get a new one. While doing so this same guy asked if I bought a lot of guns from that guy and I said well a few. He acted like he wanted to say something but hesitated and I took the gun out of the holster and placed it back in the case and told my wife I was going to the rest room and that we were leaving before she spent anymore money. She laughed and we walked off and as I was going into the rest room the guy grabbed my arm and asked if I wanted to sell my Ruger. When I told him I had just bought it I realized it was the same guy that I had talked to at the gun booth. He asked what would you take for it and I jokingly told him $550.00 before I could say another word he said, Deal! The next thing that happened was a cop walked in the restroom and I looked up and said howdy to him and looked around and the guy was gone. I didn't think much more about it until I heard about the people getting arrested for buying guns for other people that were not supposed to have them.

Personally I don't like gun laws at all and believe they are unconstatutional. But they are laws just the same and if you break them and get cought you end up in jail. My feelings on that is to try to stay within or close to the line because if you end up in jail and lose your gun rights all together who's going to protect your family if the SHTF....the cops??

BTW, I don't know how many gun shows you go to, but the ones I go to, the private sellers that are selling their guns at shows either carry them around with big ol signs, this gun for sale, for ( incert price here) or they are there at a booth with a big ol sign on it marked private sale. People don't normally stand by the cash box at a gun booth waiting to buy guns from people that have just bought them.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:32:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You will not go far around here implying that private purchases equal people buying guns illegally, you made two separate statements implying as much in your OP, we rightfully take issue with that because of the "gun show loophole" talking point that the anti-rights activists repeat ad nauseum.

I whole heartedly agree, It will be a sad day if we have to start reporting private sales. Personally I don't need anybody knowing how many or what I have in my home, It's none of broboma's business what I own. But by the same token some of the gun sales that do go on, not particularly at gun shows do go on illegally. Hopefully one day we will be able to put term limits on these sorry azzed politicians and then maybe some of this madness they get away with can be made right. I'm not holding my breath but in the mean time I plan on trying to stay within what our laws are so I can be out of jail to fight again another day. It's bad enough to have to hide our weapons and keep them locked away in a safe for fear of being branded as a gun nut by the police and the stewpid azzed sheep that are grazing  our rights away.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which show ?

It was a Showmaster's event at the Richmond Intl. Raceway.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I noticed too that the used guns on tables were as high or higher than the new stuff. that may have been due to a lot of the used stuff was private sales and not regular gun dealers. I guess if you can't buy one legally you don't mind paying a little more to get one.

I'm sure its not what you meant, but this statement reeks of anti-gun MSM "gun show loophole" BS and seems to imply that the people selling used guns are only selling their guns to felons to make extra money.  If I saw a private sale going down I would not automatically assume "here is a guy illegally buying a gun," unless I really believed all the MSM anti gun stories.  I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Buy gun for $400.

Few minutes later sell gun for $550.

Thus dealing in guns for a profit.  

Dealing in guns for profit requires an FFL.

Dealing without FFL = Club Fed.

Think about it......
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Depends on the state, sir.  That would be a completely legal transaction in the Commonwealth of KY.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:50:02 AM EDT
[#31]
No Mossberg 930 SPX to be found at that show.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Depends on the state, sir.  That would be a completely legal transaction in the Commonwealth of KY.

I didn't know that Federal Firearms License regulations and requirements varied per state.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that Federal Firearms License regulations and requirements varied per state.  

If this became a habit, certainly you'd have to have an FFL.  It is completely legal in KY to purchase a gun from another Kentuckian, as well as it is to sell.  If said gun was purchased with the INTENTION of reselling it immediately, of course that would be illegal.  However, if I buy a handgun and/or another at a show from a fellow Kentuckian, and on the way out someone offers me more for it, there's nothing illegal about selling the gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which show ?

Not to change the subject but is that your AR in your avatar. I really like the way that looks with the grey grip. Don't get me wrong I love the black rifle but the grey in there makes it look sweet.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which show ?

Not to change the subject but is that your AR in your avatar. I really like the way that looks with the grey grip. Don't get me wrong I love the black rifle but the grey in there makes it look sweet.

It's actually Flat Dark Earth Tangodown grip.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I noticed too that the used guns on tables were as high or higher than the new stuff. that may have been due to a lot of the used stuff was private sales and not regular gun dealers. I guess if you can't buy one legally you don't mind paying a little more to get one.

I'm sure its not what you meant, but this statement reeks of anti-gun MSM "gun show loophole" BS and seems to imply that the people selling used guns are only selling their guns to felons to make extra money.  If I saw a private sale going down I would not automatically assume "here is a guy illegally buying a gun," unless I really believed all the MSM anti gun stories.  I don't buy it.

I see what ya mean and I did not mean it that way. but I do often wonder why used guns seem so high sometimes, looking around the gun shows you always see used ones just as high or higher than new just a couple tables away.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Buy gun for $400.

Few minutes later sell gun for $550.

Thus dealing in guns for a profit.  

Dealing in guns for profit requires an FFL.

Dealing without FFL = Club Fed.

Think about it......

"You don't need to see my Federal Firearms License."
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which show ?

Thanks, I can see one of those in my crystal ball all ready. Are they hard to change?

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this became a habit, certainly you'd have to have an FFL.  It is completely legal in KY to purchase a gun from another Kentuckian, as well as it is to sell.  If said gun was purchased with the INTENTION of reselling it immediately, of course that would be illegal.  However, if I buy a handgun and/or another at a show from a fellow Kentuckian, and on the way out someone offers me more for it, there's nothing illegal about selling the gun.

I agree, you wouldn't be violating KY law.

As pointed out, I wasn't referring to state law.

I'll let you explain that to any Federal law enforcement official you may become involved with.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which show ?

Thanks, I can see one of those in my crystal ball all ready. Are they hard to change?

Nope,very simple .If you are not experienced with AR disassembly, watch out for the selector detent spring which is held in place by the grip. Don't lose it or the detent when disassembling.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which show ?

Nope,very simple .If you are not experienced with AR disassembly, watch out for the selector detent spring which is held in place by the grip. Don't lose it or the detent when disassembling.

Thanks, I wanted to build one of these one day so I could learn as I went. Maybe I'll just wait until all the bullshit brobama crap to calm down and hopefully parts will become easier to get before I do this project. I kinda like the Jonny Cash way of buying it one piece at a time and learning along the way.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top