Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/13/2002 9:19:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2002 9:24:31 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
Blackhawk Down I know I am way behind most of you guys but, things come slow here to the sticks. One of the things I read on some of the earlier threads was what happened after the movie. I went to see it with a friend who had seen it last week. When the movie was over everyone sat silent and read all the credits. It was the quietest I have ever heard after a movie, nobody made a sound as they left the theater. Has there been a documentery made on the making of the movie? I have a lot of questions about it. Edited to add the name of the movie . DOH!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:24:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2002 9:26:22 PM EDT by schv]
Yeah they made a "Behind the scences" documentary about making the movie. I watched it twice, I may be able to answer your question? If not I'm sure someone on here can.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:28:06 PM EDT
Where was it filmed, where do you rent Blackhawks, what was the budget? and so on. I plan on doing a little searching around the net.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:35:19 PM EDT
It was filmed in Northern Africa. As far as renting the Blachawks, they didn't say. The cool part about the movie was some of the soldiers that were actually involved in the battle were hired as consultants/extras for the movie. An actor was saying, "It was great having them there, we would do a scene and then turn around and ask,'Is that how it happened?' and the guys would say 'Nah, this is how.' and demonstrate it for us." The actors also trained with the soldiers here at home to get the realism of holding the weapons/tactics down. The documentary was on the E! station.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 12:33:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Where was it filmed
View Quote
I believe they listed Morocco in the credits.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 12:58:06 AM EDT
PBS show Frontline did an excellent documentary of the action that day, with great interviews of the Rangers on the ground, and some of the senior planners. I think it was made in 98 or 99, before Blackhawk Down was written.
Top Top