BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Family member just posted this.. seems insane. She's a realtor.

I am finally letting my beloved 4-runner go to a new home - my favorite vehicle ever! This 2003 limited edition with a V-8 engine was purchased new in 2004 and has 181,200 miles. Leather interior with heated seats is in excellent condition. Lots of upgrades! Asking $8500. If interested PM me! All recommended services were performed on time by Toyota.
View Quote

I'd only give $5k for it, but someone from the rust belt would gladly pay $8500 if it's mostly rust free.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd only give $5k for it, but someone from the rust belt would gladly pay $8500 if it's mostly rust free.
View Quote

I don't think Central TX has rust problems unless it sits in a field?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Has the truck market come down to earth yet?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It's still beyond nuts.  I have a buddy who has been looking for a 3500 dually for about a year now.  Salesmen all act as if they're made of solid gold.  A couple of them were so filthy and ragged out I would have been ashamed to have them on my lot.  Nobody wanted to budge an inch on pricing and wouldn't even look at you if they couldn't sell the financing.  

He wound up finding a fellow farmer who was on a bit of a rough patch and was seriously considering setting his prized 3500 dually on fire.  So he got that one for the payoff and the other guy was beyond ecstatic.  I told him he could have made money just selling the damn thing but he was obviously in money trouble for a reason.  2018 3500 dually with leather package and about 50,000 miles for just a hair over $42K.  Looks like he was taking it to car shows its so clean.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn't everyone be running out of money by now?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I keep getting told that my 2019 Tacoma is worth $40K

the sticker was only like $32K
View Quote

But does it burn nut coal?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shouldn't everyone be running out of money by now?
View Quote

Much like the government, many people find a way of printing what they don't have. I have a co-worker who's laid off right now, but still went out and financed a new F150. If a lending institution gives a $45,000 loan to someone out of work on a $25/hour job, I'm pretty sure I see how so many people are buying and how the market is supporting these kinds of prices.

There's a reckoning coming.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#8]
My dad was just offered 28k trade-in on his paid for 2015 F150 Platinum 4WD with 90k miles. He was looking at a new 2020 F250 XLT 7.3 4WD listed for $59K (Z plan price would be 54k).

He wants to wait for a 2021 because he didn't like the couple of 20s they had left. He said he would sell me the F150 for $25k, that's a good deal in this market for sure, I'm on the fence though.

I could sell my paid for 2010 Tacoma with 113k miles for $25k and just basically swap them out

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not just guns, ammo and trucks.  The entire retail sector is of the charts.

People aren't spending money on concerts, plane flights, sporting events, cruises, vacations, etc.
View Quote
Truth right there. It's insane. Where I work we've been doing 250k in sales over projections every week continuously, and this is supposed to be the quiet time of the year for us. In the early days of the "shutdown" we were swamped and doing record sales - sustained better than black friday numbers ever damn week that never seemed to end. It's insane.

Glad I'm not trying to buy a truck(or lumber) right now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I just sold a 2001 4wd 8.1 gasser dually Silverado in pretty rough shape (roofing/plow truck) for 6k.

Yeah, used trucks are stupid expensive right now, that's the main reason I bought new earlier this year for the first time since 2003
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife bought a new ride. We got BB high retail on trade for her 10 year old Infinity FX50. I was shocked at their offer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Prices usually decline after the holidays, right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Prices usually decline after the holidays, right?
View Quote

Last year they went up
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Everyone on unemployment is rich and buying new vehicles.
View Quote

@Htown156

Please explain this
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
30% of our money supply was created in 2020.

Stuff costs more bucks.  Always will.  Now, it will just be more noticeable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who was the source for this proof?  Snopes.
View Quote

It's called math, just look at the numbers
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
In before $100k pickups are the norm.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won’t be long on the high end trims
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#19]

My 2008 Tundra has gone up in value as well.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
i gots a 85,000 mile 2008 2500hd duramax, ext cab LTZ package (goddang too many qualifiers) I considered trading in on the same body style and options but a crew cab.  

I have decided the ext cab is just fine.  Everything is full retard.  the truck i described in a 2008-2014 is like a $40,000 truck.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I just bought a brand new BMW for a lot cheaper than the full size trucks I was looking at. Ill just rent a truck or borrow one the few times I actually need to use one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Just wait until gas hits $6 a gallon, you'll be able to swap your Civic for a 2500-3500 4x4 truck and the truck owners will weep with joy and kiss your feet for taking it off his hands.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#23]
How are truck prices doing? I have to sell my little 1995 T100 2WD in the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#24]
If we have been printing more and more dollars recently and their value is declining, are prices really rising?  Or, is the value of the dollar just falling and it requires more dollars to purchase the same product today vs years ago?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How are truck prices doing? I have to sell my little 1995 T100 2WD in the next couple weeks.
View Quote

What does that have to do with selling a truck?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Serious response, around here it's the used work truck market that's especially retarded, 150/1500 series stuff to a certain point, lighter duty stuff, not so much. Especially at 25 years old.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I believe it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On several of the F150 groups. Guys are posting that they have sold there trucks to Carvana for more than what they paid for them originally. It seems shit has gotten outta control..

I believe it.

I struggled to find a 2021 GMC 2500 Sierra AT4 to my liking (white, diesel, loaded)  and ended up having to take a black one. I paid $70,000 for it and three days after I got it a dealership I had been dealing with called to tell me they had the white one which I originally wanted coming in from port now. I asked them what they would give me for mine, used with 20 miles and they told me $72,000. I contemplated taking the deal but by the time I paid two sets of taxes and documentation fees it was not worth it.  Plus I had already started to upset my truck. Apparently dealers are forced to sell the new ones for the employee pricing or at least they were in December so when they don’t have new ones they sell the used ones for more than the new ones. It’s absolutely crazy. Meanwhile the Ford F250  is not quite as high of demand. I was told that GM shut down for two months and there are fewer cars in the pipeline which is driving demand up.

The sales manager told me that GM makes them sell at Employee Pricing by contract, so they are losing big opportunity profit.  However, he said some dealers were getting in the new trucks, throwing on turd wheels, blacking something out, adding $500 in accessories from alibaba, and then jacking the price up by $6k as a dealer markup.  That lets them get around what was the GM employee pricing deal.

To get into the Sierra AT4, I sold the dealership that had the white one eventually, my 2021 Toyo 4Runner Limited which i had on a 36mo lease for $600 under what was my lease payout (They paid me $42,500, payoff $43,100).  So, I paid 6 lease payments, put 8k miles on it, and then paid $600 to get rid of it.  Sign me up.  They still have the 4Runner, priced at $44,500.

The market is nuts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did Nissan just quit making trucks?
View Quote
If I am not mistaken, they no longer make the Frontier with a long bed. As much of a fan as I am of the Frontier, I will not be replacing my current Frontier with a short bed. Tacoma here I come.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I struggled to find a 2021 GMC 2500 Sierra AT4 to my liking (white, diesel, loaded)  and ended up having to take a black one. I paid $70,000 for it and three days after I got it a dealership I had been dealing with called to tell me they had the white one which I originally wanted coming in from port now. I asked them what they would give me for mine, used with 20 miles and they told me $72,000. I contemplated taking the deal but by the time I paid two sets of taxes and documentation fees it was not worth it.  Plus I had already started to upset my truck. Apparently dealers are forced to sell the new ones for the employee pricing or at least they were in December so when they don’t have new ones they sell the used ones for more than the new ones. It’s absolutely crazy. Meanwhile the Ford F250  is not quite as high of demand. I was told that GM shut down for two months and there are fewer cars in the pipeline which is driving demand up.

The sales manager told me that GM makes them sell at Employee Pricing by contract, so they are losing big opportunity profit.  However, he said some dealers were getting in the new trucks, throwing on turd wheels, blacking something out, adding $500 in accessories from alibaba, and then jacking the price up by $6k as a dealer markup.  That lets them get around what was the GM employee pricing deal.

To get into the Sierra AT4, I sold the dealership that had the white one eventually, my 2021 Toyo 4Runner Limited which i had on a 36mo lease for $600 under what was my lease payout (They paid me $42,500, payoff $43,100).  So, I paid 6 lease payments, put 8k miles on it, and then paid $600 to get rid of it.  Sign me up.  They still have the 4Runner, priced at $44,500.

The market is nuts.
View Quote

We’ve been watching trucks for around a year and a half looking for the best deal. Ended up with a 21 Silverado with the 3.0 duramax this week. We got employee pricing plus rebates and a 75$ doc fee. We ended up with an out the door price and 0% finance for less than the same truck, 1 year old, trade in is worth.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We’ve been watching trucks for around a year and a half looking for the best deal. Ended up with a 21 Silverado with the 3.0 duramax this week. We got employee pricing plus rebates and a 75$ doc fee. We ended up with an out the door price and 0% finance for less than the same truck, 1 year old, trade in is worth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The market is nuts.

Yeah, if you're in the market for a truck and can afford to be picky, its crazy not to by before inflation hits.  After Biden bucks, the market is going to go crazy.  And oh man, if they do Cash for Clunkers 2021 - the sky is the limit.  In my case I had to have something before the tax deadline.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#30]
What do y’all think is the best way to sell my truck?  I’m in Houston, so big city. It’s a 2003 Dodge Ram.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

stop being poor and buy new?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just saw on a salvage auction a 2008 Chevy 2wd Silverado LT (1LT) with about 130,000 miles just go for $8300 plus auction fees. Truck has a salvaged title and needs some cosmetic work.

stop being poor and buy new?

This is a poor person’s mindset
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What do y’all think is the best way to sell my truck?  I’m in Houston, so big city. It’s a 2003 Dodge Ram.
View Quote

Take it up north if it is a rust free 4x4.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I had a 05 Nissan Titan stolen  and when found the damage was to much so insurance totaled the truck, they valued it at like 12.5k. It cost 6.5k to retain the vehicle. I just thought maybe the adjuster wanted it for himself, guess not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Family member just posted this.. seems insane. She's a realtor.

I am finally letting my beloved 4-runner go to a new home - my favorite vehicle ever! This 2003 limited edition with a V-8 engine was purchased new in 2004 and has 181,200 miles. Leather interior with heated seats is in excellent condition. Lots of upgrades! Asking $8500. If interested PM me! All recommended services were performed on time by Toyota.
View Quote

I sold my 4th gen 4Runner 4wd 170k miles for $11k in December and it’s a v6 with cloth seats.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#35]
But why? Does this have something to do with the earths gravitational pull with the moon?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Let's do Cash for Clunkers again and destroy perfectly adequate vehicles.
View Quote

I’m still trying to figure out the motivation for that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Serious response, around here it's the used work truck market that's especially retarded, 150/1500 series stuff to a certain point, lighter duty stuff, not so much. Especially at 25 years old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I posted my little truck for sale in the EE today. I think it's a darn bargain but everyone has their own opinion of what things should cost. Definitely doesn't have the utility of a full size truck with a V8.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
On several of the F150 groups. Guys are posting that they have sold there trucks to Carvana for more than what they paid for them originally. It seems shit has gotten outta control..
View Quote
I bought a new 19 last December

I now see the same trucks advertised at used lots with 20-40k miles for the same price I paid for mine new
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:38:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's it. Been ogling old Miatas and similar and that shit has dried up, even more since stimulus check 2.0
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think that's it. Been ogling old Miatas and similar and that shit has dried up, even more since stimulus check 2.0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the stimulus cleaned out the shit box supply as well
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The market is nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it.

The market is nuts.

yep...my dad bought a 2011 F-250 gas fx4 lariat in 2018, I think it was $20,000 before TT&L, they are offering him like $22,000 and begging him to trade right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll sell my 06 Titan SE crew w/ 245k miles for $15k to anyone in this thread
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just wait until gas hits $6 a gallon, you'll be able to swap your Civic for a 2500-3500 4x4 truck and the truck owners will weep with joy and kiss your feet for taking it off his hands.
View Quote

I've been looking at Hellcats, ZL1 and GT500's.  I think $5 gas in on the way and it's going to drop the bottom out of the market.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#44]
A lot of things across a lot of industries are skyrocketing right now.  More to come, I’m sure.  People don’t think the beginning of a large inflationary cycle be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#45]
just sold my Dad's '06 chebby 1/2 ton at auction for $4100.

my Mom tried to give it to me, no way, 8ft box and extended cab. If had a std cab I'd thought about it.

54K miles, 2wd.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Let's do Cash for Clunkers again and destroy perfectly adequate vehicles.
View Quote

Oh fuck Biden will.

Get rid of your evil gasoline powered climate destroyer and buy a $60,000 electric economy shit box...  it's for the children.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Body-on-frame SUVs are absurd too

Look at the prices for excursions especially the diesel ones
View Quote

Those have always been desirable, Ford stopped production and the existing ones became very sought after.  Now that ford has an F250 platform and a 7.3 industrial gas engine, they need to remake the Excursion... they would get 6 figures for them new and still couldn't keep any inventory.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#48]
My truck I bought a year ago carfax keeps telling me has trade in value of 20k, but I'm seeing them go for a bit more than I paid.

The market is so weird right now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Sold my truck. Facebook marketplace had it gone in an hour. I hated the idea of using Facebook but needed it gone quick.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sold my truck. Facebook marketplace had it gone in an hour. I hated the idea of using Facebook but needed it gone quick.
View Quote
I recently sold my old corvette for probably 2k more than it was worth during the worst blizzard we have had in 50 years on FB marketplace

It was up for less than 48 hours
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top