Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2018 1:38:52 AM EDT
Been fighting with multiple flashes for years and finally found a great deal on a used Profoto B2 with two heads, extension cable and a Canon AirTTL.  Fredmiranda.com, my wallet hates you.

Can’t wait to start fiddling.  Did a function check tonight but nothing worth showing but wow, going to be fun.  Time to get some light shaping tools now.  I have a few reflector umbrellas and a couple white shoot throigh umbrellas.  Need more stuff now!

Edit:

Some of you may have seen my most famous photo I shot during some corporate photos I did.

I didn’t put the text on this.  I posted the photo here for one half hour as an experiment years ago.  It went viral within a week.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may have it too... can you describe the symptoms?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2/7CD7161A-82C3-4977-B417-194D1C64DA14-762615.jpg

The B2 is a great kit, and can currently be had for a steal (about half price). Many of them seemed to get very little use, but as a location kit, it can’t be beat. The B10 is nice, very advanced, and smaller to travel with, but the tiny heads of the B2 are really nice when you need to get them high or in tight quarters. You can also check out the A1s, but he B2 kills it for power and longevity for the same price, with the size trade off.

Many will argue that Godox will do the same for less money, but Profoto has saved my ass many times when things go wrong. Customer service is excellent, and reliability is the best I’ve had with any system. User interface is also the nicest and easiest to use. So yes Godox can achieve the same results, just like an AK vs AR.

The only thing I don’t use Profoto for is HS/HSS as the Elinchrom excels there. HS beats HSS any day, and the Elinchrom have their fastest flash duration at the highest power vs lowest like everyone else. This is a big deal on sunny location shoots. I’ve been meaning to do a comparison to show the differences but haven’t yet.
View Quote
Dang, I need to step my game up.

I haven't gotten to play with any of the Profoto stuff yet, but i will back up the HS on the Elinchrom.

Funny, I was looking at the B2 kit yesterday. My wallet said, "no way jose."
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!  Congrats.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top