Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/25/2005 5:37:04 PM EDT
I'm trying to sell my truck on autotrader and I got this email from a guy who has a "client" in Canada. Sounds really odd to me, anybody ever seen anything like this?

Greetings.........

Thanks for the email. Please I have a client who is very much interested in buying your vehicle. He happened to budget for a car last time and unfortunately it was sold. I have discussed with him and he has agreed that he will be willing to have the vehicle shipped to Canada.

Again I have some questions to ask:

1.Has the auto ever been repainted?

2.Do you have the title papers?

3.Finally what is the last price for the car?.

I will be awaiting hearing from you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Greg
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT by mr_camera_man]
I'll lay odds that one of the next emails you get from him will be offering payment with a bank check for $5000 over vehicle cost, and asking you to western union the remainder to him. The game is that the check is forged... it'll look like it's cleared your bank, and then it bounces 2 weeks after you've sent the money.

It is absolutely impossible to sell any sort of motor vehicle on the internet these days without one of these scammers approaching you.

Run away... unless you're selling an ultra-rare car that is worthy of "international clients" looking for it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:39:46 PM EDT
Run.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:41:13 PM EDT
What kind of truck?

It is a scam but I know someone who wants a truck that lives in the upstate.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:47:48 PM EDT
It's an 04 Colorado but I'm trying to sell it in Texas. I'm not going back to SC except for about 2 weeks to pick up the wife,kid,dogs and guns thens its back to San Antone.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:49:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
It's an 04 Colorado but I'm trying to sell it in Texas. I'm not going back to SC except for about 2 weeks to pick up the wife,kid,dogs and guns thens its back to San Antone.

I just talked to the guy I know wanting to buy a truck and today he bought an 05 colorado.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 6:04:41 PM EDT by NoMoAMMO]
Hope he likes it I love mine, just selling it to buy a boat since I'm getting stationed back in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:59:09 PM EDT
I'm sure its legit, just tell him to send CASH.
Top Top