Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2016 11:01:10 PM EDT
Post em up. Any meat cooked with fire, lets see them.

My weekend meat.
Trimmed and ready. Rubbed with ground black pepper, kosher salt and a dash of red pepper flakes. You do not need mustard to make it stick, it will stick. I used to do that and its just a waste of time on beef. I also don't overdo it like some do. I wan to assist the beef flavor, not change it.

Weber Kettle Grill at the ready. I used the fuse/snake method for my coals. Alternating Applewood and Mesquite chunks. All I have to do is add 10 red hot  coals to go. This get me about 8 hours before needing to add more. I just rotate the grate every 3 hours to keep it from direct heat. Add a few more coals later if needed. This cook went 13 hours. Temp between 225 and 250 but mostly with a  total average around 235. @50 spikes when the smokewood chunks lit. It didn't stall for as long as usual and like all my briskets, I let rest for about 2 hours.

Just hit the stall. I give it a quick spritz of Worcestershire Sauce diluted with beer. Yes the point looks more done, the vent  was right by it.

2 hour rest and its read to be murdered

Considering how much more work a Kettle is involved compared to my buddies pellet smoker, I am happy and now and nearing a meat induced coma

I usually  judge mine within the first 2 cuts. While it don't looks as awesome as some more inside ones, it was fine for me. First slice off the tip of the flat
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Would eat
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I am en route, give me about 11 hours.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Rgr that. Looking forward to it. Will try to save some.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My brisket at new years turned out fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
OP was this cooked fat cap up or down, and how many lbs was it for 13 hrs to cook?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks good.

Pick me up on your way by!

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Slow clap!! I've go to get the bbq guru for my BGE. Every time I try a brisket it takes 16-18 hours and I wind up slicing at 11:30pm. Well done sir!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

We can car pool
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Damnit! Now I wish I had taken pics.
Today I did a 5 1/2lb pork shoulder on my side box smoker.
Olive oil rubbed on and Sea salt and fresh black pepper for the coating. Its been cold out so it took longer than the one I did a few months back. Kept the smoker 225-250, using cherry wood and hickory. And a bed of lump hardwood charcoal.

In the end I reached 205 and 6 1/2 hrs. Shoulder blade pulled out with ease and the rest of the meat shredded with a fork for some awesome pulled pork!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP was this cooked fat cap up or down, and how many lbs was it for 13 hrs to cook?
View Quote

Fat side up and I leave a good bit on. It was 13lb before trimming and maybe 11.5 after trimming? I use to do fat side down as well and honestly I don't think it matters at all. Since I like the fat, I want to to have the best bark in the fat  so I keep it up top but I am just trying to keep myself consistent. So fat side up for me for now on.

My last one too 19 hours lol
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Doing the burnt ends tomorrow.

1/4 cup or near about of glaze balsamic and a few ladles of brisket juice and lightly dripped more balsamic glace over the top. Will shake one some rub before smoking again tomorrow.

My ends sauce. Brisket juice and balsamic glaze. Works great IMHO

Into the fridge to be smoked tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate you all....every last one of you, especially the OP.  Now I'm going to bed hungry thanks to you all.

I need to break my smoker out and cook something tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damnit! Now I wish I had taken pics.
Today I did a 5 1/2lb pork shoulder on my side box smoker.
Olive oil rubbed on and Sea salt and fresh black pepper for the coating. Its been cold out so it took longer than the one I did a few months back. Kept the smoker 225-250, using cherry wood and hickory. And a bed of lump hardwood charcoal.

In the end I reached 205 and 6 1/2 hrs. Shoulder blade pulled out with ease and the rest of the meat shredded with a fork for some awesome pulled pork!
View Quote

No pic needed. Sounds freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn that looks tasty.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Slow clap!! I've go to get the bbq guru for my BGE. Every time I try a brisket it takes 16-18 hours and I wind up slicing at 11:30pm. Well done sir!!!!!
View Quote

Get a smaller brisket.  In theory it should take an hour and a half per pound.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

BBQ Guru looks cool.
Are you having issues with temp control?  Try the   fuse / snake method. Its pretty consistent. Only spikes I get are when the chunks light and it only raises it slightly
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#17]
The last brisket I did came out great. That one looks better. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Bumpin so I can see your meat I know some of ya are smoking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top