Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 3:52:24 PM EDT
Went to one today. It was a target-rich environment, but I minded my manners because:

a.) I was already with the best catch there, and

b.) She' might stab me while I'm asleep

However, three-year-old Private Root Beer served as my alter ego. I lived vicariously through him as he drank and danced the night away with two cute four-year-old blondes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
A wedding on a Wednesday?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The groom's an airline pilot who works weekends.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
...Wedding Crashers anyone?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The groom's an airline pilot who works weekends.

Gotcha
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Video camaras should be illegal at weddings.  I seem to get into a lot of trouble there.

A LOT.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
actually i'm surprised it took so long for hollywood to catch on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Family Reunions are good places too!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
However, three-year-old Private Root Beer served as my alter ego. I lived vicariously through him as he drank and danced the night away with two cute four-year-old blondes.

Three years old, and has already mastered the "two cute blondes at the same time" trick.

Kid should teach classes
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Three years old, and has already mastered the "two cute blondes at the same time" trick.

Kid should teach classes

He's good, I have to give him his due. He goes for the older women, too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Danny

Please send payment for a new laptop.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Well what are the wedding details?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'll hazard a guess that there was a cake, some flowers, a dress (probably white), some candles, a church and a bunch of people. Need anything else?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll hazard a guess that there was a cake, some flowers, a dress (probably white), some candles, a church and a bunch of people. Need anything else?

If it was any good there was an open bar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Preacher, Justice of the Peace or someone to pronounce them leagally screwed.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes but they all have weddings on their minds.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Preacher, Justice of the Peace or someone to pronounce them leagally screwed.

Danny

If this was in Alaska, and both to be married were Alaskan residents, any Alaskan resident can legally wed them.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Video camaras should be illegal at weddings.  I seem to get into a lot of trouble there.

A LOT.

You and me both!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A LOT.

You and me both!

BAN wedding cake too and there would be skinner - sex happier couples too!

Apparently wedding cake makes asses blow up?

Danny
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A LOT.

You and me both!

That call in the morning is always horrible.

What was wrong with you last night?
Do you remember what you did?
She'll never get that out of her dress.
There were kids there.
Where are you now?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#20]
+1 on weddings being great places to meet girls.
Too bad all my female friends from work know that, and are purposefully not inviting me or the other guys from work.

Quoted:

Danny

WV is the abbreviation for West Virginia, not VA.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Weddings are a great place to score chicks. That's where I got my wife.

Well, it was our wedding, but trust me I got lucky that night.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

WV is the abbreviation for West Virginia, not VA.

Kharn

I'm close, that counts...right?

Danny
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Yup.  Drunk, lonely women who want immediate satisfaction.  Man, I've seen some girls completely freak during receptions.

"Why can't I find him?  I'm already 23!  I'll never get married...I'll live in a house full of cats.  I mean, she foudn someone, why can't I?  I'm pathetic and so lonely.  Shit, I drank all my scotch, could you get me another one?..." and so on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yup.  Drunk, lonely women who want immediate satisfaction.  Man, I've seen some girls completely freak during receptions.

"Why can't I find him?  I'm already 23!  I'll never get married...I'll live in a house full of cats.  I mean, she foudn someone, why can't I?  I'm pathetic and so lonely.  Shit, I drank all my scotch, could you get me another one?..." and so on.

Whoaaa, how YOU doin?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Danny

Only if you're south of the Mason-Dixson line.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

Only if you're south of the Mason-Dixon line.

OH YEA!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You sound just like my GF... my best friend is getting married and thats all I know.  He is engaged.  End of story.  However, every single day "What are the plans...."  Ummmm I dunno.. "You just talked to him for an hour...."  Um.....whats your point?  Why would we talk about that...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm...food?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sound just like my GF... my best friend is getting married and thats all I know.  He is engaged.  End of story.  However, every single day "What are the plans...."  Ummmm I dunno.. "You just talked to him for an hour...."  Um.....whats your point?  Why would we talk about that...

No shit.  It's your friend's wedding, not yours.    Why would you be expected to know details.  Hell, for my wedding, the only detail I had to know was what time I had to be at the church.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too bad it wasn't a black or red teddy!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Well, since you asked...

It was that friend of mine with terminal cancer, I've posted about her several times in the team forum.

She recently "found Jesus", and she and her husband think she may be cured. She's stopped taking her chemo and so of course feels much better than she did. She was supposed to have a CAT scan last Saturday but skipped it.

It was very bittersweet, seeing her so happy and yet knowing what's coming while she grasps at straws.

Heck, maybe there really will be a miracle and I'll have to re-think my views on religion. I wouldn't borrow money from the mafia to bet on it, though. (In the meantime, I'm praying hard to "Whatever's Out There".)

Anyway, the bride wore blue jeans, and the groom wore Carharts. The ceremony was outside by the side of a runway as airlplanes took off and landed. (She was a flight attendant, he's a pilot.) Perfect autumn day. During the ceremony, a wind came up and showered everyone with pine needles. A bunch of dogs were running around and barking throughout. There was a fantastic catered dinner in a hangar.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow.  God Bless her and her husband.  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top