Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 9:19:00 AM EDT

Webb County Commissioners Court will likely pass a resolution today opposing the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the United States and Mexico border.“We are totally against any kind of a wall or any kind of division,” said County Judge Danny Valdez. “The money could be used for something more useful than a wall.”

Commissioners Rosaura “Wawi” Tijerina and Jerry Garza are sponsoring the item, which appears to have the support of the majority, if not all, the members of the court.

“I’m totally against it in the first place,” Tijerina said. “I’m just hoping my colleagues will support me and the resolution.”

It is the second time the resolution has appeared on the commissioners’ agenda. In October, Garza requested a similar item, but it was tabled.

“We kind of put the cart before the horse; we knew we were opposing it, but we didn’t have the actual verbiage,” he said.

Garza said it is important to reemphasize local opposition to federal leaders so “the message doesn’t get drowned out.”

“I just think we are spending millions of dollars to build bridges to enhance commerce and to have relations with Mexico, and building this wall will be counterproductive to that and everything we have done as a border community,” he said.

Commissioner Sergio “Keko” Martinez also opposed the proposed wall; he believes it would be wiser to invest the money into stabilizing Mexico’s economy and improving the quality of life instead of erecting more fencing.

“It’s not going to work; you’re not going to stop illegal immigration with a wall,” he said. “It’s a waste of money.”

Just like LA county. Mexicans come in, establish their own gov't and work expressly on behalf of mexico and La Raza.

Many elected "hispanic" officials in the US have the backing of organized mexican crime. But whether backed by narcotrafficantes or not , the end goal is the same.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Fing ridiculous. And how the hell do they suppose "we" stabilize Mexicos economy? And when the fuck did that become our job?

FUCK MEXICO!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I too would like to see them against a wall.

Through the legal process of course.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Webb County Commissioners Court will likely pass a resolution today opposing the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the United States and Mexico border.“We are totally against any kind of a wall or any kind of division,” said County Judge Danny Valdez. “The money could be used for something more useful than a wall.”  

Judges are supposed to stay out of this kind of political issue.  That is very unprofessional.

Watch a joint session of Congress sometime like the State of the Union.  The SCOTUS judges only clap for things that are non-political, like the President walking in or finishing the speech.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
what a moron - whatever happened to that movie about the border?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
“We are totally against any kind of a wall or any kind of division,” said County Judge Danny Valdez. “The money could be used for something more useful than a wall.”

I agree, like sentry robots armed with machine guns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top