Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
I know I'm not alone when I wish the pricks who wrote the web code on what ever website you visit has included a feature to 'disable' your back button; they should have a special place in hell.

I see lots of gruff about it on the web and way too much info of 'how to' add this 'feature'.

what about 'blocking' such code?

is there a way to preserve MY viewing experince instead of be subjected to this crap?

I know I can use the back button drop down and go around it, but I like the button on my mouse for one click backup.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a double-tap next time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
as said, double tap, or go up to the button, and go to the pulldown menu and pick a page you want to go to.

if all else fails, close the window
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Right click. Open in new window. Close when finished.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
next to the back arrow button, there's a little pulldown menu arrow. Click on that, it'll show you your recent history. Skip back past the autoforward page.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
next to the back arrow button, there's a little pulldown menu arrow. Click on that, it'll show you your recent history. Skip back past the autoforward page.

Holy crap I never noticed that thanks man
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It's like no one bothers to read all the text.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's like no one bothers to read all the text.

I read it, but I posted that anyway because I had a thread ranting about this same problem a while back. Someone told me about the back pulldown menu there and it was a great revelation to me. So I wanted to be sure anyone browing in here also heard the good news of the lord.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Right click. Open in new window. Close when finished.

+1
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know I'm not alone when I wish the pricks who wrote the web code on what ever website you visit has included a feature to 'disable' your back button; they should have a special place in hell.

I see lots of gruff about it on the web and way too much info of 'how to' add this 'feature'.

what about 'blocking' such code?

is there a way to preserve MY viewing experince instead of be subjected to this crap?

Unless there's some new plugin that does what you want, I suggest you do as the others have suggested: Open in new window. Anytime I open a new site from a site where I feel comfortable I right click and Open in New Window. That's just the easiest way to deal with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top