Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 2:23:12 AM EDT
www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=1580926&nav=9TahJuFW

Very short tidbit concerning an officer with my dept last night in the above link.  If it wasn't for his vest there is no way he would've survived the gunshot to his chest.

I rarely post in here so I thought i'd keep it short and sweet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear that he'll be alright, physically I mean. The emotional effects won't be apparent for a while yet.

Too many of the guys at my dept leave their vests at home or in the trunk. Like they'll be any good there. Organ donors.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
good to hear he will be all right.
Organ donors I like that term, Oh I work with one first he got to fat so he could not wear it then he got to skinny so it overlaped and pinched him and it hurt, Waaaaaaaaa. Oh well his choice I guess. Organ donor still sounds good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
good reminder, I only wish I could carry this story and show it to the complacent officers in the rural counties I sometimes see with no vest on!

c
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear all is well. I harp on the guys at work all the time, to no avail. I'm pretty paranoid about vest useage, even going so far as to wear mine for court, even if it's just in and out for a preliminary hearing. Most of the guys harass me about it, I tell them if I'm wearing the magic bullet magnet suit, the vest goes with it, it's part of the uniform. We haven't had any kind of Officer-Involved shooting in living memory here. All it will take is one. Hopefully, if the Officer is shot at, that Officer will be wearing a vest.

Bub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top