Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/30/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
Weapons stash found in abandoned house

A report of a break-in led police to a stash of at least 60 guns; assorted knives, bayonets and swords; and engraved animal teeth in an abandoned Laurel Mountain Borough home.

Who owns the weapons and why they were left in the dilapidated house on Walnut Road is a mystery that will take some time to unravel, Ligonier Borough Police Chief John Berger said Wednesday.

Police are working to determine whether each of the dozens of guns is registered.

"There's a lot of work to do with this,” Berger said.

The stash included a .50-caliber Desert Eagle, TEC-9 machine gun, an AK-47, Thompson "Tommy gun” assault rifles and handguns.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
"Registered"?

You have to register guns in PA?

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone's bug out location was found.
View Quote

That was my first thought.  Either that or one of his caches.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I he "abandoned" those, imagine his real stash.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"Registered"?

View Quote

No and in another article it said the guy who owned the house hasn't lived there in a while and has been in the hospital.  I'll ask at work tomorrow; someone is bound to know who's stuff it was
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Why can't I find a pile of abandoned guns?  Dammit.

EDIT:

“We were very fortunate these young gentlemen didn't get hurt because they were playing with the guns,” Berger said.
View Quote

I strongly disagree.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Some fed agencies stash.

Next step was to find some sucker to smuggle them into Mexico so they could bust him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Registered"?

View Quote

Only the NFA toys
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
They thug in charge of the gangs guns got deaded and the rest of the gang didn't know where he stashed the guns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm wonder how many of those guns are stolen???
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of those were some expensive pieces.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]

My boat must have sunk into a wormhole that opened up into that house.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Ain't broom handled mousers worth a bit of cash?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#15]
A teen probably stole the guns and needed to stash them someone other than mom's basement...
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Not the first time
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on the model.

What kind of Luger is that?

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a Python and Luger in the pile.  Has to a cache of stolen goods.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Only the NFA toys
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Registered"?

Only the NFA toys

Last I checked the PA State Police were keeping a handgun registry. That's why handgun sales in PA aren't supposed to be face to face. At least that is what I remember from 10 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No and in another article it said the guy who owned the house hasn't lived there in a while and has been in the hospital.  I'll ask at work tomorrow; someone is bound to know who's stuff it was
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Registered"?

That's crappy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be my thought...perhaps by juveniles who can't stash them where they sleep.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/8269430-74/berger-police-stash?showmobile=false

A report of a break-in led police to a stash of at least 60 guns; assorted knives, bayonets and swords; and engraved animal teeth in an abandoned Laurel Mountain Borough home.

Who owns the weapons and why they were left in the dilapidated house on Walnut Road is a mystery that will take some time to unravel, Ligonier Borough Police Chief John Berger said Wednesday.

Police are working to determine whether each of the dozens of guns is registered.

The stash included a .50-caliber Desert Eagle, TEC-9 machine gun, an AK-47, Thompson "Tommy gun” assault rifles and handguns.

View Quote

Registered?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Registered?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/8269430-74/berger-police-stash?showmobile=false

Registered?

NFA?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn it
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Tommy guns ain't cheap either.

Why can't I find stashes like this?  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Absolutley sickening what they did to that Thompson
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#27]
If that is legal some guy is feeling sick that he just lost his collection.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know, but I know it's gonna take them a couple of minutes to run 60 guns through NCIC to find out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I spy with my little eye a Taurus!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#30]
We had a local guy kick off, he was also a kitchen table FFL there was a big probate problem with his children,  and the house was empty for years.   Local kids started using it as a party house,  and eventually the guns started making it out of the house and into their hands.  Until we grabbed one of the little fuckers with one on him, and found out what was going on.   Everyone had just assumed that the attorneys had secured the guns until the probate issues were resolved.  When I retired 3 years ago, almost ten years after the old man died, we STILL had an entire corner of the property room full of assorted long guns and 5 bins of handguns that we're stuck with until the Courts are done.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#31]
As far as the registration, PA State Police keep an illegal sales database for handguns. It is essentially a registration database.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Officers found three juveniles leaving the house around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday because a neighbor called to say he heard things being smashed inside.

The juveniles, along with two others who were found farther down the road, had broken into the house and took some weapons and other items, police said.

Four males and a girl, ages 11 to 14, were involved, Howard said.

There ya go

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Stolen drop site
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#34]
At least they called it what it was...a stash.

Instead of some douchebag lib-tard calling 11 guns "an arsenal."

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Good recovery.  I hope they get returned and the kids get a nice conviction.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it.  Police and reporters appeared to be too dumb/lazy to look up tax/property ownership records to see who lived or owned this house most recently.  That would have gone a long way to finding out who this collection (quite a bit of junk / low grade stuff ) belongs too.  The person may have recently died or have been taken to an assisted care home.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Registered"?

View Quote

no, but half of our law enforcement thinks so. PA has a handgun sales database that State Police try to misuse as a registry.

It has a lot of holes in it, for example all of my C&R pistols are not in there because transfers between FFL holders is exempt from the reporting requirement.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

The good ones are...

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Last I checked the PA State Police were keeping a handgun registry. That's why handgun sales in PA aren't supposed to be face to face. At least that is what I remember from 10 yrs ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Registered"?

Only the NFA toys

It is against the law in Pennsylvania for the police to keep a registry. They keep a record of sales database. It has been challenged in court and determined not to be a registry because it is incomplete. also, since it is incomplete it is only supposed to be used as a reference. Too many cops treat it as the final word on who owns a handgun they run through it which is not how it's supposed to be.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Treat every house as if it were loaded.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#41]
I live about 10 miles from where this happened.  The latest update was they contacted the elderly owner of the house, who apparently has not lived there for a long time due to illness, to try to do an inventory to see if anything is missing.  A local article also stated that one of the kids admitted that they have remove guns from the home, in the past, to shoot them but returned them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Two P38s, a P'07, and a C96? Nice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Engraved animal teeth...that scrimshaw you dumb fuck...and if its real, its worth a shit ton...so is that collection....
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I don't know, but I know it's gonna take them a couple of minutes to run 60 guns through NCIC to find out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But the article said how much "work" the popo has ahead of them?

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Engraved animal teeth...that scrimshaw you dumb fuck...and if its real, its worth a shit ton...so is that collection....
View Quote

My Dad might know who's had scrimshaw stolen recently.  That broomhandle is too nice.  Most of this stuff is clearly stolen from multiple sources.  Anyone that would mangle a Thompson like that would not own a clean broomhandle and scrimshaw.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My Dad might know who's had scrimshaw stolen recently.  That broomhandle is too nice.  Most of this stuff is clearly stolen from multiple sources.  Anyone that would mangle a Thompson like that would not own a clean broomhandle and scrimshaw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although, it appears that the "Thompson" is one of those POS cast copies, that grip/trigger assembly don't look right....
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I live about 10 miles from where this happened.  The latest update was they contacted the elderly owner of the house, who apparently has not lived there for a long time due to illness, to try to do an inventory to see if anything is missing.  A local article also stated that one of the kids admitted that they have remove guns from the home, in the past, to shoot them but returned them.
View Quote

And what did I say before... Lazy cops, lazy/stupid reporter.  The person living there probably doesn't have any close or living relatives to look after or move out his possession.  Now, they state may end up taking possession once he or she dies, unless they grant permission to sell them.  And in that case the assisted living facility will probably reap all the profits.

So, will have to keep an eye open for upcoming auctions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#49]
And a multi-meter for checking for resistance
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#50]
So "abandoned guns" now replaces the tried and true "boating accident"  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top