Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2001 9:21:49 PM EDT
[url]www.drudgereport.com[/url]
center-4th from top
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Surprise surprise - our tax dollars hard at work taking away our freedom again!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, I know, it violates the constitution, so they can't do it, right?

Right?

Like any freedoms will be willingly preserved by our elitist Govt. for citizens, when the slightest doubt of "safety" remains. "If it only saves one life..."

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I am concerned the pigs will beat me up out of penis envy, they already know I carry.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
That's total bullsh*t. It's developing now so even if they are technically not allowed to use it you know they will anyway. How would you like to be randomly searched in public because you "looked suspicious"? Just what we need, more "technology".
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]The apparatus could one day be mounted on police vehicles and driven through unruly crowds to spot individuals carrying guns, knives and perhaps even plastic explosives.[/b]

Knives too....does that mean Johnny with his Boy Scout pocketknife and Opie with his jackknife are going to be felons?

And hey, lets not forget that a pack of cigarettes looks suspiciously like a rectangle of C4.

Oh hell, what the fuck......if it can save a life, take away all are rights and freedoms.
Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
They are also working on a version that would detect firearms [i]in your home.[/i]  
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By David M:
They are also working on a version that would detect firearms [i]in your home.[/i]  
View Quote

I think they already have it.  Can't remember where I read about it but it was approx. 8-12 months ago.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Makes me think of TOTAL RECALL.  When Arnold was walking to the metro and they had that viewscreen which showed weapons.

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I see an emerging market for stealth shirts and lead lined overcoats. Of course, I guess you could just coat the inside of your jacket with tinfoil.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Guns? Knives? Brass Knucks? Well, go ahead and detect them. When it comes to that, guess we will have to fall back on the Old School Martial Arts - Unarmed. Go ahead and build a detector that will let you know that I can crush your larynx, take your gun, and go on my merry way. Gee, that's a JBT nightmare, isn't it? [;)]
[beer]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#11]
But wouldn't something like that cause CANCER in CHILDREN???
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top