Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 8:09:37 PM EDT
Apparently the North American Hunting Club wants to send me knives, rifles, and other goodies for free.  All I have to do is take them out into the woods with me and write up a review for them...

...and send in a membership fee.  

Why do I get the feeling I wouldn't be seeing anything for free except maybe a foam NAHC beer holder?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the same offer a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You too?

I thought I was being invited to be part of an excusive group of people that was being selected.

Maybe i't just the two of us.

Shhhhh
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was a member of them once. You want to know what they sent me to test and keep for free? They sent my a 2cc size bottle of anti-fog solution for lenses. I was a little pissed to say the least.

Scout
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I got that offer a few years ago. I kept the little case for hunting/fishing licenses and threw everything else away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I get that one and the golf one as well.

It seems I get them about every year or 2.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
When I worked at Cabelas they actually let employees borrow clothing to test.
Of course you had to return it but if you trashed it they didn't care. It was good for field testing and business.
This way the employee can honestly recommend what worked and what didn't.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I've gotten several different offers in the last 2-3 weeks, we will let you test products and keep them, motorcycle stuff, hunting stuff and tools for the handyman, I guess there are some people dim enough to buy that line.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
You ought to hear what the deer offered me....
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I got that offer a few years ago. I kept the little case for hunting/fishing licenses and threw everything else away.

This is bullshit.  They told me I was one of a select few to get this offer and the blaze orange, water-proof license holder!

I got a sticker too.  Maybe that's what sets us apart.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You too?

I thought I was being invited to be part of an excusive group of people that was being selected.

Maybe i't just the two of us.

Shhhhh

The cat's out of the bag man.  

We're going to get some cool lens wipes though.  Sweet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I got it yesterday.

Keep all the shit they gave me....so I can end up throwing it away later.
And threw away the membership thing....ha
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you an "Official Member" as opposed to an "Unofficial Member"?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the water-proof hunting license holder.  I'm official.

They don't pass those out to just anybody.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Big time scam.

If you think the regular gun mags are biased you haven't read the NAHC drivel.

Glowing reviews of bottom of the barrel crap written by fudds. (then probably sent to the vendors for review prior to publication.  Kinda like what one or two site sponsors here would like to do.)

When I was a member they kept sending me books that I hadn't requested and trying to charge me for 'em after I had already refused delivery.

Never figured out why they thought I needed books on Turkey Hunting in a state that didn't even have a Turkey Season.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#16]
ive gotten two in the past coupla months, i kept the stickers and hunting license holder and tossed the rest
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#17]
i used to be a member years ago,  all i got was some non-perfumed soap.  susposed to cover up my scent... not sure what they were implying.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#18]
i did that once, the bastards sent me a book i didn't want with an invoice saying i coul send it back if i didn't want it. if i had wanted it, i would have asked for it, right? the dumbasses.

on top of that i got a package from the gardening club and my wife got something from the handyman club....
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah it's a crap offer.  The gore-tex ballistic test parka wouldn't stop the .308 rounds from the bottom line (non-stainless) M1A they mailed out.  Don't bother.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is bullshit.  They told me I was one of a select few to get this offer and the blaze orange, water-proof license holder!

I got a sticker too.  Maybe that's what sets us apart.

Well shit !  I got one of those too PLUS the "handy drill/screw size identifier" plastic thingy from the tool test club. Sitting around here somewhere, I guess I gotta find em.  

I wanna be special too, dammit !  

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
But...but...they want to take advantage of my years of experience.....

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone ever tried calling their customer support? I can't remember if I called them or if they called me, but I could barely understand them through their accent, and it took me twenty minutes to get it through to them that no, under no circumstances, at all, would I be renewing my membership. I got tired of it, and finally hung up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]
So....you think they'll send me a Marlin to test?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I get them every few months.
My nickname is "Chainsaw," and I sometimes have things shipped to Csaw ____.
When I started getting their stuff, the little cards all say Csaw _____ on them
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
But...but...they want to take advantage of my years of experience.....

Mine, too, and I don't hunt!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#26]
They must be testing lots of products with those membership fees.  I'm one of those folks that have never met anyone that got anything to test though.

I get that same membership package every few years.  Toss it in the trash.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#27]
It got tossed about five minutes after I opened it.

I was just curious how many of you guys got this junk in the mail.  

What do they expect?

Gee...I never heard of you guys, but since you sent me a letter I'd be glad to send you some money!  Hell, I'll send in a little extra!  

I didn't even keep the hunting license holder.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top