Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2013 7:52:58 AM EDT
Ha! Suck it, ghetto motherfuckers and your single tootsie rolls!

Costco has a smokin' deal on big bags of full size, figured what the heck, give it a shot this year. Will be curious to see whether kids get excited or if they'll feel entitled.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
except all the ghetto kids will have their parents drive to your house/neighborhood
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Full bars!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was young I always loved those houses that passed out full sizers!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
except all the ghetto kids will have their parents drive too your house/neighborhood
View Quote

You should print up your own "Obama bucks" to give them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
except all the ghetto kids will have their parents drive too your house/neighborhood
View Quote

Will they broadcast an announcement on the Ghetto Radio Network listing the addresses of the full size candy houses?

Last year we had over 100 trick or treaters. I kept count since it was a new neighborhood. I should check last year's thread to see the official number, can't remember anymore.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Do people even go trick or treating in neighborhoods anymore? We get like 5 kids.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do people even go trick or treating in neighborhoods anymore? We get like 5 kids.
View Quote

Then you damn well better go full size. Maybe even king size. Make those 5 kids glad they came!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
There was always this old lady that gave away full cans of pringles. This lady was scary as fuck and you had to go inside to get them. We would always climb all over each other to get out after we got the goods.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#9]
good for you OP, this is our first year handing out candy so we only have the small stuff. I was thiking of handing out Purell as a trick but egg stains suck to cleanup.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#10]
OP is a baller!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Just checked last year's thread, glad I posted in there.  Had 125 kids.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Will they broadcast an announcement on the Ghetto Radio Network listing the addresses of the full size candy houses?

Last year we had over 100 trick or treaters. I kept count since it was a new neighborhood. I should check last year's thread to see the official number, can't remember anymore.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did this our first year in our new house. We had 1 kid stop by. That's right, 1. Apparently Halloween isn't a thing in my town. That kid got as much as he wanted, since it was about 2100 by then. He racked up. I told him to take as much as he wanted. He looked at me like I was a god. I felt pretty good, since he was wearing a pretty shabby costume, and it was obvious his family didn't have a lot of money. Hope he enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#13]
People still trick or treat?  Last year I think about 10 kids showed up at the door and I got to enjoy a LOT of leftover candy.  About 10 years ago you'd have 50-100 kids show up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Never had anyone stop by. And I live in town.

New place this year though. So maybe it will be different.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#16]
My parents have been doing that for a couple years now.  I was over there one year and the excitement from the kid's when they realized they were getting full sized candy bars was great.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can say that again
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#18]
We got 9 BOGO bags of laffy taffy. Suck it kids.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I did this our first year in our new house. We had 1 kid stop by. That's right, 1. Apparently Halloween isn't a thing in my town. That kid got as much as he wanted, since it was about 2100 by then. He racked up. I told him to take as much as he wanted. He looked at me like I was a god. I felt pretty good, since he was wearing a pretty shabby costume, and it was obvious his family didn't have a lot of money. Hope he enjoyed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When we are ready to turn the porch light off we always give the last kid whatever is left in the bowl.  Usually it is a sizeable amount and they act like they just won the lottery.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Good on you. Good for the kids.

I remembered all the houses that had good stuff when I was a kid.

There was an old lady in one house that would give away change. Quarters, dimes and such (ETA back then that was a lot). That was fun. Stuck in my head. Sometimes candied apples. Good times. Halloween was a magical time like Christmas.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#21]
We are giving out full size candy bars... If any kids show up. We had 1 last year.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then you damn well better go full size. Maybe even king size. Make those 5 kids glad they came!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I too get low numbers in my neighborhood, so we give out a couple fistfuls of the mini assorted candies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Do people even go trick or treating in neighborhoods anymore? We get like 500 kids.
View Quote
 Fixed it for my AO

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a kid in y neighborhood in a wheelchair who usually makes it around near the end of the evening's festivities............he doesnt ask anyone to go to the door for him, but wheels himself up the driveway and to the door. I usually reserve some really good ones for him for that kind of effort

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We got 9 BOGO bags of laffy taffy. Suck it kids.
View Quote

Did you accidentally a whole one or was there some sort of division by zero involved? Perhaps the 10th one fell off a treadmill into some bean filled chili.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I remember in college at one of our houses we got a bag of candy just in case any parents let their kids come by. It was a shitty house and we often had beer cans on our shitty coffee table and couch on the front porch.

Those little bastards showed up in droves, we had to do like 3 emergency candy runs. I was giving out cup o noodles and packs of trident gum to keep the peace.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
except all the ghetto kids will have their parents drive to your house/neighborhood
View Quote

+1 - There was a story in the Seattle Times a couple years ago about how kids (or parents) use the interwebs to target high income neighborhoods for better trick or treating . . . .

By the way, I tried giving away sodas last year, and the majority of kids said they weren't allowed to drink it (even if their parents were nowhere in sight)  .  Good kids, but sheesh!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Beats getting a penny.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Reminds me I need to get some candy in case any chitlins come by.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I remember in college at one of our houses we got a bag of candy just in case any parents let their kids come by. It was a shitty house and we often had beer cans on our shitty coffee table and couch on the front porch.

Those little bastards showed up in droves, we had to do like 3 emergency candy runs. I was giving out cup o noodles and packs of trident gum to keep the peace.
View Quote

Hahah! Reminds me of several years ago, we took the kids trick or treating to a friend of the wife's. She got a look of horror on her face and said "hang on..." She came back about a minute and a half later with an Easter egg coloring kit and a package of microwave popcorn in one hand and her car keys in the other. She had completely spaced that it was Halloween and we were the first to stop at her house.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

+1 - There was a story in the Seattle Times a couple years ago about how kids (or parents) use the interwebs to target high income neighborhoods for better trick or treating . . . .

By the way, I tried giving away sodas last year, and the majority of kids said they weren't allowed to drink it (even if their parents were nowhere in sight)  .  Good kids, but sheesh!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heheh, I suppose If I wanted to be a bastard since it's a school night, I could give out Red Bulls to go with the candy bars.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
We used to walk 7 blocks over to get to the house that gave out full size candy bars every year.

The fact that I remember this decades later is an indicator of the legendary status you will gain on Thursday.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I only want PEZ
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#37]
If kids these days are anything like in my day you will be very popular.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#38]
The most popular one in my old neighborhood was the couple that put loose change (mostly pennies) in a huge punch bowl. You could get one handfull. That was a huge deal when a penny really bought something.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There was always this old lady that gave away full cans of pringles. This lady was scary as fuck and you had to go inside to get them. We would always climb all over each other to get out after we got the goods.
View Quote

Funniest post of the day. I don't even know why.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#40]
We give out full-sized bars, because 'Merica!

Also, we're not chickenshit yuppie pussies.

Pretzels?  Raisins?  GO FUCK YOURSELF!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#41]
If I lived in town I would make a big wheel the kids had to spin, like Wheel of Fortune. There would be a little banrupt sized sliver that would get you an apple or something crappy, and various other cady prizes.

The grand prize would be like a whole god damn case of hersey bars.

I haven't had a trick or treater in the 6 years I have lived here though, and if I did the poor little bastard would probably get run off the property by the dog.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Back in the day my friends and I would always know the houses that usually gave away can of pop.

Quoted:
We give out full-sized bars, because 'Merica!

Also, we're not chickenshit yuppie pussies.

Pretzels?  Raisins?  GO FUCK YOURSELF!
View Quote

My parents used to give out pencils and little erasers. Lamest house in the city.

I've since then converted them to give out full sized candy bars and Caprisuns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#43]
A house in my neighborhood gave out cash one year!
(when I was a kid)

We just did "trunk or treat" at church and there was pushing 1,000 kids there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#44]
We did that one year and were the favorite house in the neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]
You're going to be robbed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A house in my neighborhood gave out cash one year!
(when I was a kid)

We just did "trunk or treat" at church and there was pushing 1,000 kids there.
View Quote

That's baller.  lol  Give out $5 to the first 100.  Call it a night and pat yourself on the back.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I used to keep two bowls of candy.  One of full sized bars for the neighborhood kids that I knew and recognized.  Then I had a bowl of fun sized crap, sixlets, peppermint swirlies, sweet tarts and other crappy candy for ghetto rats who's mommy drives them door to door in a hoopty.
View Quote

Your news letter may I suscribe?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

She probably gave them away just to get kids to come to her door.
I may be reading things into it, but it sounds to me like she was lonely.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
People still trick or treat?  Last year I think about 10 kids showed up at the door and I got to enjoy a LOT of leftover candy.  About 10 years ago you'd have 50-100 kids show up.
View Quote

We always get a ton of trick or treaters.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top