Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 5:46:37 PM EDT
Look at the convention....

People were yawning all night and then Cindy says..."how about Sarah" house erupts in the most enthused applause of the night....

People will be voting for SP this election and not for McCain...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
she was not ready to run for POTUS yet.  She'd take a worse beating than Obama on the experience thing, mostly because she's a woman and NOBODY knew who she was.  Being a VP is the perfect step for her, and then POTUS in 2012
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Palin-Jindal 2012
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I caught that, too.  She's a tough act to follow and she's the one that's excited and united the GOP again.

John better be good tonight.  Sarah should be the POTUS.

HH
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
she was not ready to run for POTUS yet.  She'd take a worse beating than Obama on the experience thing, mostly because she's a woman and NOBODY knew who she was.  Being a VP is the perfect step for her, and then POTUS in 2012

Agree, but all the enthusiasm in the R camp is pretty clearly about SP and no McCain....

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree, but all the enthusiasm in the R camp is pretty clearly about SP and no McCain....

quite true.  no doubt she's energized the base.  now it's time for McCain to take a step back toward the center where he maintains a lot of credibility.  Palin will hold the conservative base no problems, but McCain needs to appeal to the center now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Even though the enthusiasm is there now, I dare say she would have gotten nowhere in the primaries.  I believe she will be our President in 2013.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

quite true.  no doubt she's energized the base.  now it's time for McCain to take a step back toward the center where he maintains a lot of credibility.  Palin will hold the conservative base no problems, but McCain needs to appeal to the center now.

I think he needs to also step away from the military focus and now start looking inward.  I think most folks get his military background now he needs to convince them that there will be good times ahead domestically and how Obama will crush the business sector with taxes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
We will.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Palin-Jindal 2012

This.  End of thread.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Palin-Jindal 2012

BOOYAH!!

I just came.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still I think it is a bad visual to be so.......quiet tonight compared to last night....should have put Rudy or Thompson as the crowd warmer....

Tom Ridge!?!?!  Wtf were they thinking.

Politics is as much image these days as anything else to the sheeple.  Obama - fucking concert.  Palin's night came close to it.

Tonight?  Is it senior citizens night?  Cause that is how it looks and sounds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#12]
The 2008 election has become more about getting Sarah Palin into the White House so she can get the experience she needs for the 2012 race than about electing John McCain as President.

For me, at least.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like to see her take some hard ball questions off the cuff at the national level before  I would even think to consider such an option.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still I think it is a bad visual to be so.......quiet tonight compared to last night....should have put Rudy or Thompson as the crowd warmer....

Politics is as much image these days as anything else to the sheeple.  Obama - fucking concert.  Palin's night came close to it.

John McCain can't give a speech like Governor Palin gave last night.  He's not that great of an orator, and doesn't inspire people like she was able to.

They put their "third string" speakers on before McCain so his speech wouldn't seem anemic in comparison.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The 2008 election has become more about getting Sarah Palin into the White House so she can get the experience she needs for the 2012 race than about electing John McCain as President.

For me, at least.

Can't be worried about the superbowl when you haven't even won the first game of the season...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John McCain can't give a speech like Governor Palin gave last night.  He's not that great of an orator, and doesn't inspire people like she was able to.

They put their "third string" speakers on before McCain so his speech wouldn't seem anemic in comparison.

Point taken, still the crowd could have been a little more "with the plan" (scream you mofos!)...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#17]
In 8 years.  It's the payoff for having McCain be our candidate this time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well, consider that Edwards had only 2 years in the Senate, and he got a pass on it in 2004. And he was running for Pres and then VP.

And he had the same amount of experience this time around, and still made it to #3.

He's a Democrat, and they really don't need the experience.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, consider that Edwards had only 2 years in the Senate, and he got a pass on it in 2004. And he was running for Pres and then VP.

And he had the same amount of experience this time around, and still made it to #3.

He's a Democrat, and they really don't need the experience.

And he lost...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#20]
McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!
McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!
McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!
McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!

Keep repeating this in the voting booth!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Palin-Jindal 2012

This.  End of thread.

The Democrats' heads would explode.  A woman and a non-white male.  We conservatives would vote them into office in a heartbeat and not look back.  But the Defecrats are supposed to be the 'progressive' ones.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!
McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72! McCain is 72!

Keep repeating this in the voting booth!

I'm in no hurry to replace President McCain.  He will do a great job.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#23]

I thought Mcain just turned 74.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Palin-Jindal 2012

BOOYAH!!

I just came.

I'm glad I . . . uhm . . .helped?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think this is correct. With the right advisors she'd probably do well as president (she already has far more experience than Obama), but if she does 4 years with McCain, she'd be ready for the big job in 2012!

OP is right though, the only excitement being generated among voters is for her, not McCain.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#26]
McCain's mother is 96 and she looks more coherent than some teenagers

I think McCain could be physically capable of pulling off a second term
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#27]
He is no conservative though! Not as pro gun as we need!
And he did spent five years in captivity that will age anyone.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Should have been Fred.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top