Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 3:56:30 PM EDT
Caught that quote on some web page.  By Marc Morial (former NO mayor).

You know, maybe Jazz.  NO did't give us music, but did improve it.

However, the last--Multiculturalism...I think a 5-10 Kt Ground Burst would dry up your Multicultural city nicely.... (To the Mods, just being sarcastic, of course).
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate Jazz.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
We need to save NO because it's an AMERICAN CITY. We should have had a plan for this,now all we'll hear is the woulda,coulda and the shoulda's
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I despise jazz and now we see the end results of multiculturalism as it is being played out in N.O. right now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I despise jazz and now we see the end results of multiculturalism as it is being played out in N.O. right now.

Yeah!  Multiculturalism sucks.  One race, one power!  Are you part of Aryan Nation, too?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the "Blues" over "Jazz" but, hey, what the hell, either one beats "Rap" all day long.

GM
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny how NO's native son, the jazz legend (the one who played trumpet and was son to a prostitute, and used to deliver coal to the other prostiutes to make money as a kid) moved away from NO after he made enough money. Lived and died in a neighborhood in NY. I love Jouis Armstrong and the music he made, but it's just nostalgia now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah! Multiculturalism sucks. One race, one power! Are you part of Aryan Nation, too?

I have NO problem with TRUE multiculturalism, however what has been dumped on the PC scene is not true multiculturalism--it is "Down with European Culture, up with Afrimaginary culture"   I have yet to see an "Asian History Month", "Take your Sons to work day", etc.  

People should celebrate their TRUE heritage, not what some pseudo-communist comes up with (Kwanzaa).  

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, didn't they give us Popeyes Fried Chicken????  Now, that's my favorite yard bird.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
ibtl.

My stance on saving NO is mixed, my concern is the people that have lost their homes, fuck the culture, the NO culture is standing in the street drunk with dumbass beads on them...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Bush hates jazz, music, and multiculturalism, so he used the secret hurricane machine based at Gitmo that was given to Karl Rove by the devil in exchange for his soul, to destroy New Orleans. The machine is fueld by the screams of "insurgents" being tortured at gitmo. I read it on DU, so it must be true!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I love jazz ... listen to mostly just that every day.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I think a 5-10 Kt Ground Burst would dry up your Multicultural city nicely.... (To the Mods, just being sarcastic, of course).

5-10 KT?  In lake New Orleans?  It'd be like tossing a cherry bomb into a duck pond.  You need more than a splash to dry that lake up.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I prefer the "Blues" over "Jazz" but, hey, what the hell, either one beats "Rap" all day long.

GM

Just got an idea...

Put the people complaining to work"singing the blues"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Jazz sucks anyway.  Those guys can't play a note.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#15]
The Blues suck too...

The only good music is:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn't our Grandaddys warn us about jazz?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The Blues suck too...

The only good music is:

g.sheetmusicplus.com/Look-Inside/covers/HL-306551.jpg

Someone, please, photoshop TRGs face on there...please!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey, didn't they give us Popeyes Fried Chicken????  Now, that's my favorite yard bird.

I believe that started in Houston, TX.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
i went to jazzfest and loved it.  the city is a POS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top