Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 3:38:54 AM EDT
Why hasn't somebody found the funding and made a good conservative documentary?
(To be released at theaters.)

People need to hear about the vision and ideals of the Founding Fathers.
The Mayflower Compact, and other documents that were the basis for the laws and government we have now.

What the soldiers on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan are seeing and saying, that we never hear in the media.

The damage that "political correctness" has done to our country, and our way of life.

And all the other stuff we talk about in GD.

I'm sure it's much easier to get funding for liberal films, but the market for good quality, conservative films would have to be at least as big as the market for Moore's trash.

I've seen some conservative films at Blockbuster, but I'm not aware of anything that's been as big as Moore's stuff.
(Of course the media loves Moore, so he gets a lot of free publicity.)

If there is somebody doing this and I've missed it, clue me in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Besides being a fat, communist slob; Michael Moore is a nothing more than a damned good liar

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think we need a conservative Michael Moore - the guy uses half truths and propoganda to further his ideals. We conservatives on the other hand, have logic and reason on our side - we don't need whack job movies to reaffirm our ideals.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
If we came up with one, the libtards would just say we resurrected Goebels hired Rove away from W.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
He is called Rush Limbaugh.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Good points.

We don't need somebody to make films based on lies, that's what I'm saying.

It amazes me that people don't know basic facts about history or current events, but swallow everything they see/hear in the media.

A good film that told the truth about some of these issues, (and exposed Moore's lies) is badly needed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Besides being a fat, communist slob; Michael Moore is a nothing more than a damned good liar
I disagree pv74, MM doesn't do much lying, and he isn't all that good at it.  What he is very good at is making a viewer arrived at an incorrect conclusion/assumption without himself making a false statement.  He's a genius in that arena.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I disagree pv74, MM doesn't do much lying, and he isn't all that good at it.  What he is very good at is making a viewer arrived at an incorrect conclusion/assumption without himself making a false statement.  He's a genius in that arena.

True...

But don't pull a Clinton on me...

Incorrectly portraying something to make someone arrive at a false conclusion is lying

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If that's all you're looking for, here I am  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I vote for a movie length version of Penn & teller's "Bullshit" to contradict anything MM says.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]
we already have Ann Coulter
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#12]

No we don't need a Mike Moore.

We have the truth, and the truth is always better.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#13]
How about someone who can make a balanced documentary, showing an unbiased view of the entire issue and let people make up their own minds .

On the other hand ...

That might require people to think for themselves so it would not be a very popular documentary.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Its name is Ann Coulter and it just needs to make a movie.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
we already have Ann Coulter

AKA - Skeletor
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Any version of that asshole is nevertheless and asshole. He is not leiberal either. He is a selfish explotationist. That is the last thing we or anybody else in the world needs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#17]

We need a conservative version of Michael Moore.
No we don't.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
True...

But don't pull a Clinton on me...

Incorrectly portraying something to make someone arrive at a false conclusion is lying
That's not a Bill Clinton pv74.  If he was going around lying all the time someone would/should have successfully sued him for slander by now.  MM asks lots of bogus questions that make the viewer assume something.  If I ask: "Why did you chop down the cherry tree?", I'm committing a logical fallacy of inference because it implies you already chopped down the tree, a fact not yet established.  But did I lie in asking the question?  No.  MM has mastered the art of this method of communication.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Clinton's famous statement was always "you will find no evidence of that."

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Its name is Ann Coulter and it just needs to make a movie.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:48:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

No we don't.

+1K

That is the last thing we need. and yes, Skeletor is probably pretty close to him and I wish she would just disappear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Coulter and Limbaugh pretty much stick to the truth and don't hate America.  That would make them opposites of MM, rather than a conservative version.  And this is yet another reason it can't happen.  The right still doesn't recognize it's friends or it's enemies.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No we don't.

+1K

That is the last thing we need. and yes, Skeletor is probably pretty close to him and I wish she would just disappear.

Strike 1= from New York
Strike 2=129 count/friggen newbie
Strike 3= Dissing A.C. who is a goddess of making liberals (like you?) wail and gnash their remaining teeth.

Your Outta here!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No we don't.

+1K

Strike 1= from New York
Strike 2=129 count/friggen newbie
Strike 3= Dissing A.C. who is a goddess of making liberals (like you?) wail and gnash their remaining teeth.

Your Outta here!

mmmmm kool aid
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Clinton's famous statement was always "you will find no evidence of that."

Actually Bill Clinton said,

"I don't think you can find any evidence, of the fact that I had changed government policy solely because of a contribution.''

Brilliant liar.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#26]
There were reports last election that MM actually pushed away more voters than he brought in because of his personality.

The whole point of bringing someone in would be to pull in all the people in the middle of the spectrum. Unfortunately, Ann Coulter comes off as a raging bitch and as soon as people completely associate her with the republican party "undecided's" will be running away in droves.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I wouldn't doubt that MM actually turned off some voters.
I think the Dixie Chicks and the Hollyweird liberals turned off a few too.
Maybe they'll take it up another notch in November.

OK, so I stand corrected. We don't need ANY version of Michael Moore.

We need a conservative answer to him, that is truthful, unbiased, and makes movies.

Better?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#28]
There's one about out-of-control PC thought police on American university campuses coming out next month.  It's called Indoctrinate U

I've seen clips of it from his short version of it, called Brainwashing 101

The producer/director got his start videotaping peace protestors because he noticed a startling disconnect between how the protestors were portrayed on the news (normal average Americans) and what he saw with his own eyes when he observed protests for himself (deranged, America-hating commies and freaks).  So he'd go to protests and let the protestors speak their mind on camera, with hilarious results.

He decided to start making feature movies after talking with Michael Moore himself, and got funding from a rich venture capitalist who agreed with his politics.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There were reports last election that MM actually pushed away more voters than he brought in because of his personality.

The whole point of bringing someone in would be to pull in all the people in the middle of the spectrum. Unfortunately, Ann Coulter comes off as a raging bitch and as soon as people completely associate her with the republican party "undecided's" will be running away in droves.

ding ding ding! This guy is thinking!

(oh wait... you dont have enough of a post count to be taken seriously in the General Forum)
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#30]
We don't need a good liar, we need more intellegent people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top