Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 12:03:05 PM EDT
I got board and went to visit "the Wild Side."

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=13211&forum=DCForumID35  [/url]

They hate Feinstein as much as we do. [>:/]

But mostly because she's too conservative. [shock]

They freaks are whacked. [stick]  Or need whacked. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've noticed that we actually have quite a bit in common with many of them. Quite a lot of them seem to have a more than healthy distrust of government and are eager to protect at least some of the rights enumerated in the Constitution. I sometimes wonder if the only reason we are poles apart is because of the demonization that goes on on both sides.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
. I sometimes wonder if the only reason we are poles apart is because of the demonization that goes on on both sides.
View Quote

You are what they call a dupe.

You are getting sucked into their black hole.

When teh use words like patriotism, fear of gov't, freedom, and liberty, they mean VERY different things that when you use the words.

They hate capitalism. They love Marxist ideals. They beleive you should be free - which they define as ONE step above being in shackles and being beaten daily.

Trust me - if you beleive the Second Amendment guarantees you as a citizen the right to keep and bear arms, you have NOTHING in common with them. Conversely,  if you have ANYTHING in common with them, you have NOTHING in common with me.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've noticed that we actually have quite a bit in common with many of them. Quite a lot of them seem to have a more than healthy distrust of government and are eager to protect at least some of the rights enumerated in the Constitution. I sometimes wonder if the only reason we are poles apart is because of the demonization that goes on on both sides.
View Quote

Yes, both sides have a healthy distrust of gov't. But when we "hate" someone like Feinstein as a Liberal and they "hate" her because she is a Conservative, I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell we'll ever get along.

And interesting how they are "tolerant" and "just" when they really don't seem that way to me.

Just ask the people here who have been banned many times for, usually, a little polite dissension.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't get me wrong - I don't have any misconception that they believe in free enterprise or RKBA - especially the hard core Democrats. I think though, that there are a lot of misinformed Democrats out there that think that conservatives want to oppress them.

And I am no dupe. Go screw yourself.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't get me wrong - I don't have any misconception that they believe in free enterprise or RKBA - especially the hard core Democrats. I think though, that there are a lot of misinformed Democrats out there that think that conservatives want to oppress them.

And I am no dupe. Go screw yourself.
View Quote

What I am saying is if you think you have anything in common with them, and voice it to the DU'ers, they regard you as a dupe. And no thank you to the offer to go screw myself.

You have absolutely ZERO in common with the DU'ers. They are Marxists. Unrepentant, hardcore America haters. AT least, they hate Geore Washington's America. You SHOULD regard that as a compliment. Instead, you tell me to go screw myself.

This thread is about the DU'ers - not some unidentified group you call "misinformed Democrats."

The DU'ers hate you. They despise you. They regard you as a fool, and if you voice to them the sentiment "I think we have something in common," they only laugh HARDER at you.

I on the other hand, have great respect for you. And you tell me to go screw myself.

Thanks, but NO THANKS.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
G-Man, you said:
View Quote

I mistook that as you calling me a dupe. My apologies.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh come on guys. Don't stop now. Keep it up. I've never had a thread that was locked.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
G-Man, you said:
View Quote

I mistook that as you calling me a dupe. My apologies.
View Quote

No problem.

But my point remains. Thinking you can reach any accord with the DU'ers WILL be your undoing.

Now, for those "misinformed Democrats" there is still hope. If we can get beyond the fiery rhetoric with them, we may have some real success in changing minds.

The "Southern Democrat" phenomenon is one example. People who have voted Democratic for 50 years. And if your average Southern Democrat had ANY CLUE about what the Democratic Party is all about, they would string 'em all up before sunset.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Those are the people I'm talking about, G-man. Those other nutcases are more than welcome to pack up and leave.

If each of us can reach out to just a few poor, misinformed souls, we can turn the tide in our favor. It's not even hard to do. I've converted several people in just the last year.

We need to get a conservative pyramid scheme going.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
A corporate whore' that is too funny. These people are too funny......I love it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds a lot like my partner at work. He's mostly a conservative devout Catholic.

Just before the election he was furious with Gore for recommending the "morning-after" birth control pill. He was fit to be tied. Wasn't going to vote for that a@@hole.

Gore lost. And Dennis was in an even more foul mood for several days. He STILL voted for Gore!

You just can't convince him that the modern Democratic Party is not the same Dem. Party of the '50's early '60's.

He can't seem to connect that those "far left liberals" (his words) are what now control the Dem. Party.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
They hate her because:

1.  She voted for lower taxes in 2001

2.  She agrees that al-quaeda terrorists in Guantanamo do not warrant the treatment accorded to civilzed combatants under the Geneva Convention.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
that's why prisons are there for - punishment.  It's not supposed to be a vacation from the regular world.
View Quote

Actually... isn't it supposed to NOT be punishment?  Our current system calls itself the "Department of Corrections," and we call prisons "Correctional Facilities."  Somehow sitting in their cell is supposed to make them into better people.

I'm not arguing that people who commit crimes SHOULDN'T be punished.  On the contrary, I'm more for corporal punishment, etc.  I'm just saying that our current prison system is SUPPOSED to be about correction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top