Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 11:06:57 PM EDT
Have you noticed that the speech on the two boards is very similar.  They call people who don't agree with them sheeple.  They have members with tin foil hats.  They fear big corporations the way we fear big govt.  We both fear the "FEDS". Just change the topic from guns to abortion and you can't tell some of the threads of theirs apart from one of ours.

Just something if been noticing these past couple weeks reading their site.  Well at least as much as I could stomach.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Last I checked we don't ban dissentors on the spot.

Right now I will tell you one thing, Right and wrong will always resemble each other, it is how one goes about it that decides the matter.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Katana16j is right sometimes we are load and obnoxious.

At the DU they really are loud mouth fascist that tolerate no decent or any non-conformist thought.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
We are very different! We're right, and they're wrong. That's all we need to know.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed that too Ratters.  There are several differences if the form of how we deal with dissenters, but yes, we all believe we are right and justify it any way we can.

Of course they're still idiots and we're all the enlightened ones.  That's a given. [:D]

Now if we could all find some common ground in knocking down this government a peg or two, or by a few hundred unwanted/unneeded/unasked-for/unConstitutional agencies that eat up taxpayers money, we could be an unbeatable force.

But in the meantime - They're still idiots, and we're the enlightened ones. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes we are, they are communists. This is the agreement you must accept to become a member there:

We ban conservative disruptors who are opposed to the broad goals of this website. The purpose of this website is to provide a discussion forum for Democrats and other individuals from the political left. We are building an online movement to effect progressive change in our country. As a privately run website, we are not obligated to give equal time to all points of view.
View Quote

I hate these people.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Our identity isn't formed around someone elses percieved shortcomings.

We don't regard varius forms of human life as not worthy of it, and I'm not just talking about abortion.

We build houses, cars, careers, companies, families, and governments. They sponge off what we build (taxes, welfare)and try to tear it down (hamstring with regulations and parasitic demands and limitations) in fits of envy.

They sympathize with those trying to destroy us. We fight our enemies and take care of our own.

They support freedom except when it doesn't have to do with sex. We support freedoms when it doesn't hurt someone else.

Their world view is only formed in the very artificial environments of urban tax bases and lifestyle. Ours rests upon historical pragmatism, faith, and principle born from self sufficiency and overthrowing tyrants.

Nuff' said. Do not compare me to them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top