Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 9:27:37 AM EDT
Hamas has come out in support of Taliban, calls for Muslim solidarity against US.

Hamas, Egypt Group Back Taliban, Urge Muslim Unity
Photos

Reuters Photo

By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - A senior official of the Islamist militant group Hamas, echoing calls by Taliban clerics in Afghanistan (news - web sites), urged Muslims on Friday to unite against any U.S. retaliation for the terror attacks in New York and Washington.

In Cairo, the spokesman of Egypt's largest Muslim fundamentalist group, the Muslim Brotherhood, defended the Taliban's threat of revenge for any U.S. action against Afghanistan and urged Washington to show restraint.

``I join the cause for Muslims to be united in order to deter the United States from launching war against Muslims in Afghanistan,'' the Hamas official, Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi, said in response to the calls by clerics in Kabul.

``It is impossible for Muslims to stand handcuffed and blindfolded while other Muslims, their brothers, are being attacked. The Muslim world should stand up against the American threats which are fed by the Jews,'' Rantissi told Reuters.

Taliban clerics used Friday prayers to urge Muslims around the world to unite against the United States if it attacked Afghanistan, and threatened revenge ``by other means'' in the event of such attacks.

The United States says Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), who lives in Afghanistan as a ``guest'' of the Taliban, is a prime suspect in Tuesday's attacks that destroyed the World Trade Center in New York and damaged the Pentagon (news - web sites) in Washington, killing thousands.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Hamas has carried out a series of suicide attacks in Israel during the nearly year-old Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation, killing scores of Israelis.

The Palestinian Authority (news - web sites), led by President Yasser Arafat (news - web sites), had no comment on the Taliban's call for Muslim unity.

In Lebanon, Hamas representative Osama Hamdan said of the Taliban's call ``It is their right to demand that no steps be taken until the facts are clear. This is a natural right. When the facts become clear then it's another story.''

EGYPTIAN GROUP DEFENDS TALIBAN

In Cairo, Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Mamoun Hudaibi defended the Taliban position. ``What else can they say when the United States is threatening to bomb them?'' he asked.

While stating that Tuesday's terror attack on the United States ``contradicts all human and Islamic values,'' Hudaibi condemned all forms of terrorism.

``We don't advocate terrorism, whether it's from people or governments,'' he said. ``We hope that the United States itself does not take terrorist steps,'' he added.

Some Palestinians in Gaza voiced fears the United States would attack Afghanistan and punish an entire nation for the attacks.

``The Taliban should not be used as a scapegoat. The United States is behaving like a wounded and bleeding lion that wants to hit everywhere and anything,'' said Fares Abbas, 25, a Gaza taxi driver.

Gaza shopkeeper Hani Aoudi, 45, said: ``As Arabs and Muslims condemned the terrorist attack on the United States, they have to warn the United States against any attack of madness on Afghanistan or elsewhere.

``The United States must wait for the result of the investigation and then decide through the United Nations (news - web sites) and not alone as usual,'' he said.

In Beirut a man giving his name as Hussein said Israel had killed thousands of Arabs and Muslims over the years ``but we haven't seen the United States move at any point...to stop Israel.''

Now the United States wants Muslims to join it in fighting Muslim Afghanistan ``for the sake of one terrorist who does not speak in the name of Arabs or Muslims,'' he said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
[blue]I will not tolerate personal attacks[/blue]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
We still may have to fight Pakistan.  This government may not survive if they decide to help the US. Or if they do we may have to sent in military support to fight anti government gurillias.  Didnt you read the other post about "Taliban promises revenge if attacked". The crowds who came out of the mosques all over the country shouting "Jihad" were not declaring holy war against the Taliban.

Dont be so damm rude rookie
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
If Palestine wants a "piece" of the action,
I'm damned certain Israel would be glad to
give it to them on our behalf.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]
BCBUD,

You need to stop kicking people in the head.  ArmdLbrl is posting news from a credible source.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Afghanis, Iraqis, Yemenis, Palestinians.......they all look alike to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Enlighten yourself BCBUD: [url]http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m/dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010914/wl/attack_pakistan_newspapers_dc_1.html[/url]
Pakistani papers are cautioning the Government that there is little public support for helping the United States.

Woops edited for spelling error
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#8]
BCBUD, I think you need to sit back and do a mental enema.
If Hamas wants a piece of the action, I think we can spare a few missiles for them too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Good, if it comes to that.  They are not a viable threat as a whole.  These people live for this kind of stuff but we do not throw stones back.[heavy]  
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Not really, I figured America could take:

Algeria
Libya
Egypt
Sudan
Yemen
Jordan
Syria
Lebanon
Iraq
Iran

Russia could get:

Afghanistan
Pakistan
Uzbekistan
Tajikstan
Kyrgstan
Kazachstan
Chechnya
Dagastan
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Palistin, Egypt, et al is no problem just tell Israel we back there move.
Anyone remember the 6 day war?
Blackgun
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
all you bastards flaming me can suck my cack.

i personally believe palastinians are justified in their war against israel.

however, i do not support their terrorist actions, or their hatred of anyone, especially americans
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
let me clarify one thing, PALESTINE AND PAKISTAN are totally different countries, they're about 2500 miles apart from each other, they're not the same ethnically , they don't even speak the same language, some of you need to look at a map every once in a while.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
alli wise, were sitting pretty. the Israelis have itchy trigger fingers the way it is, if Palestine caused problems, they would "take care of business" at the drop of a hat. likewise, Russia would step on their own mothers to get some Russian chechneia style payback. im not saying its right, just saying.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hamas has come out in support of Taliban, calls
toast their ass too!

for Muslim solidarity against US.

Hamas, Egypt Group Back Taliban, Urge Muslim Unity
Photos

Reuters Photo

By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - A senior official of the Islamist militant group Hamas, echoing calls by Taliban clerics in Afghanistan (news - web sites), urged Muslims on Friday to unite against any U.S. retaliation for the terror attacks in New York and Washington.

In Cairo, the spokesman of Egypt's largest Muslim fundamentalist group, the Muslim Brotherhood, defended the Taliban's threat of revenge for any U.S. action against Afghanistan and urged Washington to show restraint.

``I join the cause for Muslims to be united in order to deter the United States from launching war against Muslims in Afghanistan,'' the Hamas official, Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi, said in response to the calls by clerics in Kabul.

``It is impossible for Muslims to stand handcuffed and blindfolded while other Muslims, their brothers, are being attacked. The Muslim world should stand up against the American threats which are fed by the Jews,'' Rantissi told Reuters.

Taliban clerics used Friday prayers to urge Muslims around the world to unite against the United States if it attacked Afghanistan, and threatened revenge ``by other means'' in the event of such attacks.

The United States says Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), who lives in Afghanistan as a ``guest'' of the Taliban, is a prime suspect in Tuesday's attacks that destroyed the World Trade Center in New York and damaged the Pentagon (news - web sites) in Washington, killing thousands.
View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
all you bastards flaming me can suck my cack.

i personally believe palastinians are justified in their war against israel.

however, i do not support their terrorist actions, or their hatred of anyone, especially americans
View Quote

Doesn't matter if they are justified in their hatred of Israel.  If they support Bin Laden militarily or financially, they will be dealt with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweep, editing for advocating genocide is denying reality, we didnt actively pursue genocide- in fact the term didnt exist at the time- against the American Indian, but that is the direct result of our military efforts against them.  By pursuing everyone responsible for acts of terror or supporting terror we may, when you add collateral losses, effectively have committed genocide depending where we have to go.

Call a spade a spade, this is not the time for PC.  This has always been one of the biggest reasons I have supported Israel over the years, they are doing nothing the United States has done in its formative years.  Everyone of us benefits every day from the near extermination of American Indians in the 19th Century. We could not have built this country into the power it is today had we not done so. We would still be a little strip along the east coast constanty fighting with the aboriginal confederacies along our landward edge.  If you go and look, the situation we were in prior to the War of 1812 was EXACTLY like the situation in Israel today and was only ended by resorting the indiscriminate killing of Indians untill they gave up and left for the west bank of the Mississippi- or gave up their way of life and culture and became Americanized.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#19]
SO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you think that we could give France to Russia also?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why start picking on Russia now? I thought we were semi friendly......
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think if we took a few volunteers from this board we could do a number on the French.

Those people can't fight a war. They get their asses kicked every time they open their big mouths and piss somebody off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Russians might like that. The French have the best vodka: Grey Goose!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#24]
"We WILL have to fight Palistinians"

CRAP! and here I am allergic to rocks.

[-=(_)=-]

(sorry I just wanted to post the new thingy)
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#25]
From what I have read, Bin Ladin hates Arab nationalism.  That makes him the enemy of both the moderate states (Saudi, Jordan, Egypt) and organizations like the PLO.  Old Bin Ladin wants a pan-Arab fantasyland.  In fact, he hates the "moderate" Arab leaders more than us, and he hates us worse than Israel.

If we work this right, we could get them to kill eachother.  Divide and conquor.  I am hopeful that our leaders will carefully examine this situation, and not "kill them all."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top