Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2001 8:32:40 PM EDT
I've watched this for the 5th time tonight on my DVD. I can't help but think that they'd have been much better off it they were *properly equiped.*

The dude with the shotgun was doing good. He had a sh!tload of shells for that puppy. But the dude with the .308 Galil having only 3 mags? And then dumping 2 into walls?

Let's just say that each of them boys has a 1911. Fine. Put 10 mags into that (remember, they're carrying in pockets, and not just those double mag pouches). That's 77 rounds of .45ACP, assuming they're using USGI 7 roud mags.

Now, instead of 75 rounds of .308 and 50 OO-Buck rounds, let's say they each have AR15 carbines. And a full load of 7 30 round mags each. That's all of a sudden 210 rounds, X2, is 420 long gun rounds and 77 X2 is 154.

Total pre-AR15 is about 279 rounds.

Pre WITH AR15 for each is 510 rounds.

Don't you think that would've made a hell of a difference? They obvious had some tactics and knew of fire control (thought they didn't always use is).

What if they were going up against 7 "bagmen", a few of whom had MP5's?

Hmmm.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i see you thought this out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Aren't Galils .223?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
But I did't use a calculator.  Really.  Just straining my brain after the few beers it takes to get through the gunfight scenes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]

I have two questions about this flick:
1. Who were the "good guys"?
2. Who were the "bad guys"?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
WhoMe?

That's *way too much* thought being put into this movie.  Stick to the guns.

And Galils do come in .308.  I first pegged this as a .223 too, but having a DVD (and AR15.com's to correct you[:)]) sure helps!!

PS  Funny comment, though!
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, and much more activity over here than on 1911forum.com.

I'm going to be bed.  See you all in the A.M.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WhoMe?

That's *way too much* thought being put into this movie.  Stick to the guns.

And Galils do come in .308.  I first pegged this as a .223 too, but having a DVD (and AR15.com's to correct you[:)]) sure helps!!

PS  Funny comment, though!
View Quote

OK
btw......I think the flick is cool too, I bought a copy of it.  But still, trying to figure who the bad guys/good guys are is part of the fun of this one.  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
"Can't you people see that there are GUNS here?"

Sure, if the protagonists of the movie had been armed with M4s and 510 rounds of readily accesible ammo, they might have done better.  But the point was that they were working with what they had. Remember, their chief source of funds was donating sperm.

-Andy
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
with what they had?  Well they had a galil.. that had to cost a pretty penny.  even on the blackmarket.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

I have two questions about this flick:
1. Who were the "good guys"?
2. Who were the "bad guys"?
View Quote

If you listen to the director's comments audio track on the DVD you find out that this is exactly what the director/writer wanted you to think.  The director/writer wanted to make a statement against all of the other good-guy vs. bad-guy shoot 'em up flicks.  He wanted this to be more real, where you would start to sympathize with the criminals but realize that criminals are, well.... criminals!  Listen to the closing dialog from the younger criminal. It says it all.

I don't care much for these movies that try to make "statements". In this movie, I just liked the tactical action.  The director's/writer's brother was a Navy SEAL and worked out all the tactical stuff in the movie, which is the only reason the film kicks so much butt.  The director's brother is actually in the movie.  Listen to the director's comment audio track and all this will be explained.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 The director/writer wanted to make a statement against all of the other good-guy vs. bad-guy shoot 'em up flicks.  He wanted this to be more real, where you would start to sympathize with the criminals but realize that criminals are, well.... criminals!  
View Quote

Yes....I know.
and btw.........."the only thing you can assume about an old man like me is that I'm a survivor."
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The names "Parker and Longbaugh" are the real names of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid........
Get it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]

My whole point is that there is more going on than meets the eye........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top