Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 12:16:28 PM EDT
vancouver.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=bc_catkiller20040827

KELOWNA, B.C. - Another cat has been killed in Kelowna. It's the sixth in a series of grisly cat killings and mutilations in the past month, and the second in as many days.

Black Beauty, one of the murdered cats

The latest cat had been cut in half and the hindquarters were left in a front yard in the Rutland area of the city early Friday morning.

Police say someone is taking cats from their yards to another location, killing them and dismembering the bodies. The cats' remains are then set up where they will be found by their owners the next morning.

Resident points to where a cat's body was found

Two Mounties have been assigned to the investigation, animal rights' groups have offered a $5,000-reward and the SPCA is doing nightly patrols in the neighbourhood.

"I'm just appalled. The whole community is upset. It's just unimaginable to think someone could do something like that to an innocent little creature," says Kelowna SPCA director Dianne McKeown.

And McKeown says the level of violence is raising fears that the cat killer could escalate his activity.

"People are getting concerned about their kids, thinking possibly that someone who could do this to a cat could possibly do it to a child or to someone else in the community," she says.

Damn people should eat what they kill...what a waste....

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The mutilation and taking it back to the owner is a bit over the top.  A quiet dissapearance is enough for me.  If I lived up there I would sure as hell make sure my kids weren't shitting in other peoples yards though!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if it could be someone on this board
Anyhow, that pretty fucking evil.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, cats are OK in my book... regardless of whether or not you like cats, the cats in question are people's pets, and it's  just wrong to harm someone else's pet.    If I caught someone trying to kidnap my cat (if I had one), I'd be tempted to bust a cap in his ass.   Maybe a good pellet gun from a concealed position will dissuade the kitty killer......  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You should see what my two dachshunds do to cats.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Only a matter of time before this sicko graduates to human prey.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah and do you think that SPCA officer will care?

CRC
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What a sick bastard. Screw with my pets on my land and you might get some rounds thrown at you. People like this usually go on to doing the same thing to people.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]
uh oh......

the "triad" of serial killers, mass murderers, etc..

1. torturing small animals
2. bed wetting
3. starting fires
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

too bad it's not dachshunds they're doing it to.  hate those yippy piddling little fuckers.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
They tried to freak out Denver and Salt Lake City with this last year. It turned out to be foxes.

Nature can act that way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too bad it's not dachshunds they're doing it to.  hate those yippy piddling little fuckers.

+1 you evil sob letting your dashounds eat poor cats.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You know they will grow up to become pitbull serial killers now right?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah and do you think that SPCA officer will care?

CRC

or the PETA pukes? They would probably would applaud such a graduation.

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top