Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 6:52:43 AM EST
The first time I watched them all I could see was zombies. Now I'm seeing all the political bullshit.

Abortion, the death penalty, suicide, racism, immigration, and torture.

I also love how the ones who are choosing are women and its all about "this is HER choice", whether it was abortion or something else.

I've only seen a couple episodes of season three but I'm not sure if I want to. Is it pretty much the same thing?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:56:50 AM EST
The more I learn about the actual storyline from the series or the comics, the less interested I get in following either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:58:01 AM EST
It's a tv show just turn your mind off and watch. No need to look so deep.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:59:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 7:01:00 AM EST by _DR]
Originally Posted By mdguy90:
Is it pretty much the same thing?
View Quote

It's worth watching, but it seemed a little incoherent and poorly written at times. A few good scenes. The theme is basically the Dixon brothers rock and Rick Grimes sucks worse and worse. Glen is an idiot who can kill a zombie with a board, but not a machinegun, and he can't kill a living human to save his own life and so on.....Michonne continues scowling and a bunch of people die, but not the ones you want to die.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:03:06 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
It's a tv show just turn your mind off and watch. No need to look so deep.
View Quote

I didn't need to look deep. It's so blatantly obvious I can't believe I missed so much of it then first time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:05:38 AM EST
I just watched the seasons that are on Netflix and found it to be as much of a soap opera as a Zombie show. Lost meets Jericho if you will. Plus, the lead character is a horrible actor. Having said that, I'll probably still mindlessly watch it as I am now invested.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:05:51 AM EST
It's just good entertainment, when I get frustrated with stupid shit in the show I just remind myself, it is only a tv show
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:06:34 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:07:08 AM EST
The show sucked the first time to.

It actually just isnt a good show at all
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:08:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

After the first five episodes, I realized it was a soap opera with some zombies shuffling around in the background. It's unwatchable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By FlashHole:
I just watched the seasons that are on Netflix and found it to be as much of a soap opera as a Zombie show.

After the first five episodes, I realized it was a soap opera with some zombies shuffling around in the background. It's unwatchable.

Agreed. Which is a shame, because I thought the original comic was at least interesting. It had some drama involved, but more so to show the mental strain on the characters than to keep a tv audience interested, so it fit better, IMO.

Walking Dead (the TV show) sucks.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:11:38 AM EST
"entertainment" does not mean "I have to agree with the ideologies of the writers"

Although what you mention can be annoying - fuck, the vast majority of showbiz is written, produced, and uses actors who are 95% liberal. If you base your TV on the ideology of the show's writers, you're not going to be watching anything but Fox News.

Kind of like those people who say they'll only "Buy American!" - after a while, you simply wind up going without.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:11:50 AM EST
Is it Oct. yet?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:13:34 AM EST
The show itself is pretty good. The show's execution, on the other hand, is awful.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:15:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 7:16:32 AM EST by Stripeknight]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
It's a tv show just turn your mind off and watch. No need to look so deep go full derp
View Quote

FIFY

Zombies really aren't all that political.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:16:02 AM EST
Heard it was really good, so I finally watched the 1st episode of season 1...not too convinced right now. I'll watch another few just to see.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:06 AM EST
It sucked the first time through, in reality.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:22:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
"entertainment" does not mean "I have to agree with the ideologies of the writers"

Although what you mention can be annoying - fuck, the vast majority of showbiz is written, produced, and uses actors who are 95% liberal. If you base your TV on the ideology of the show's writers, you're not going to be watching anything but Fox News.

Kind of like those people who say they'll only "Buy American!" - after a while, you simply wind up going without.
View Quote

you mean like ending my cable subscription and being selective with what I watch on Netflix? I've already done that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:24:06 AM EST

You couldn't pay me enough to watch Season 2: On the Farm again.

Soooo slow and dumb.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:26:00 AM EST
99% of the crap on tv is liberal based propaganda.

I just shut up and like what I want to see and block out the BS.

Sure it is a soap opera, but for men.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:29:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By Shane333:
The more I learn about the actual storyline from the series or the comics, the less interested I get in following either.
View Quote

You're not the only one.

It was a bit energizing to see the trailer for Season 4, though.

I will never spend any time on the comics, after reading the wiki-summaries.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:32:03 AM EST
The walking dead sucks ass. Hundreds if not thousands of M16's, MG's, etc laying around and they stick to a revolver with 3 shots, a shotgun and hunting rifle? Fuck that noise...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:44:52 AM EST
The show is bad. The political aspect was blatant, but I'm too invested to stop now.
Top Top