Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 5:13:39 PM EDT
I'm taping this one. I don't usually watch any of the networks, but this is worth an exception.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?  Why is America glorifying the evil deeds of the hijackers?  I'm sick of this whole sad story and hope that it passes into history much quicker than it has been. 3 mos. anniversary, 6 mos. anniversar, and coming soon, 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!  It's like the girlfriend from hell you had in high school--"it's our 2-week anniversary!"

ENOUGH!!!!!!  I have had it with all the lies and all the re-writing of history.  And I've especially had it with all the newly minted millionaire victims.  It was a terror attack, not a lottery for crissake.  40,000 shuffle off this mortal coil every day, an extra 3,000 ain't no big deal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you obviously aren't watching, this is following ONE ladder company of the NYFD (the first to enter thehe WTC). A lot of the tape is from within the building itself. To me, this is a testament to the courage and dedication of both the NYFD and NYPD. I see not a f*cking thing wrong with showing this kind of courage to people.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched a good part of the first hour.  It's one of those things you just stare at.  Mortal language skills are not worth a damn in such territory.  It pissed me off all over again.

Hopefully those rats over there that our special forces folks are shooting at will have just as much fun with a couple of our AH-64s and Super Cobras.  Say a prayer for our warriors in the field tonight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WTF?  Why is America glorifying the evil deeds of the hijackers?  I'm sick of this whole sad story and hope that it passes into history much quicker than it has been. 3 mos. anniversary, 6 mos. anniversar, and coming soon, 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!  It's like the girlfriend from hell you had in high school--"it's our 2-week anniversary!"

ENOUGH!!!!!!  I have had it with all the lies and all the re-writing of history.  And I've especially had it with all the newly minted millionaire victims.  It was a terror attack, not a lottery for crissake.  40,000 shuffle off this mortal coil every day, an extra 3,000 ain't no big deal.
View Quote

Nope.

Not going to do it.

Dicksnot's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trickshot, your a fucking dick.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope.

Not going to do it.

Dicksnot's just not worth it.
View Quote
ah, sh*t; I fell for it. Slap me
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

do not thynk you are alone in your thynking !! i am not watching !! do NOT watch network TV & especially the "Commie Broadcasting System"...., any one remember, "The Guns of August".......? it was broadcast about 1974 by CBS i have not watched that commie network since that day !!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a tool!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WTF?  Why is America glorifying the evil deeds of the hijackers?  I'm sick of this whole sad story and hope that it passes into history much quicker than it has been. 3 mos. anniversary, 6 mos. anniversary, and coming soon, 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!  It's like the girlfriend from hell you had in high school--"it's our 2-week anniversary!"

View Quote

Do us all a real trick and GET THE F**K OUT!! If it's so bad for you here and you really believe the moronic drivel you are spouting then do the rest of us who want to always remember what happened a favor and leave this country while you still can.  You are the worst kind of apathetic a**hole and are not needed here! AMF
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#11]
That film should be rebroadcast weekly. It would help keep people motivated that we still need to kill a sh*t load of enemy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope it is shown to our people over in Afghanistan, and aboard ship, as well. I can't think of anything that would remind them of why they're there like the sound of those people hitting the roof after jumping. That was hard as hell to hear.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I missed it. [:(] anyone know when it's gonna be on again?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I missed it. [:(] anyone know when it's gonna be on again?
View Quote

Possibly never. I belive that they were allowed to broadcast it once or twice. The brothers didn't want constant reruns to dull the moment.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]
First of all ditto on what [b]gus[/b] said.  I felt the same emotions while watching that [b]DOCUMENTARY OF A LADDER COMPANY[/b] as I did @ 10:00a.m. on 9/11.  Secondly, trickshot proves that ignorance really is like a pair of blinders.  Bite the bullet and watch it when it is rebroadcast.  This documentary is about courage and bravery.  It is not glorified in any shape, way, or form.  It was several days of footage covering how one FDNY company responded and dealt with 9/11.

Seeing the lobby was unbelievable.  When they went in only minutes after the first plane, it looked like a whole lot of demolition block went off in there.  It was mentioned in the news that people were jumping.  What I read in the news did nothing to represent what this documentary showed.  FDNY wouldn't let people evacuate through the main entrance because there were so many bodies and debris falling.  The early lobby footage definitely made my eyes wet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#18]
can someone please send me a copy,
i didnt know it was on tonight and i totally missed it.
i will re-imburse for tape and shipping
thanks in advance!
colin
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rag-head-dick-sucking-queer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rag-head-dick-sucking-queer.
View Quote

You know this from personal experience with him??

I'm taping it;  I just wish it wasn't on at the same time as the Star Wars trailer. [:(]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#21]
If he was on the 85th floor of Tower two on 9/11, he would be part of that history and not have to get "sick of this whole sad story". J/O!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Guys, I gotta say, this was the only thing I've seen on tv that has been able to take me back to ground zero on 9/11.  I was there and have never been able to describe to people what was in the air and what people were saying until I saw this episode.

From the obnoxious cops kicking the reporter out to the shell shocked firemen, I was fully reimmursed back into 9/11 for 2 hours.  

I'm posting a link to my web site I just created recently, these are a sample of the pictures I took down there that day.  I'm working with RBAD and GB to create anther AR15.com 9/11 page with some of the pics I took.

[url]http://www.geocities.com/balzac72/Sept_11.html[/url]

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#23]
God bless you Minman72! And everyone else that helped the victims that day.

Gloftoe- I might take you up on that offer. I'll bookmark this page and get back to you later. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guys, I gotta say, this was the only thing I've seen on tv that has been able to take me back to ground zero on 9/11.  I was there and have never been able to describe to people what was in the air and what people were saying until I saw this episode.

From the obnoxious cops kicking the reporter out to the shell shocked firemen, I was fully reimmursed back into 9/11 for 2 hours.  

I'm posting a link to my web site I just created recently, these are a sample of the pictures I took down there that day.  I'm working with RBAD and GB to create anther AR15.com 9/11 page with some of the pics I took.

[url]http://www.geocities.com/balzac72/Sept_11.html[/url]

View Quote

I personally would appreciate any WTC/Pentagon attack pics you might have. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Dang it!!  I knew I missed something.  I wonder if that tape will be available from CBS??? I wanted to tape it, but I completely forgot......

And I'm in the west coast.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I know a lot of us have seen this footage all to much, but I feel this is different, and is the first of its kind, and I hope it will educate me on what happened here, and viewing things from a different prospective, even though we all know the outcome of that fateful day.

As I live here in Australia, we will have to wait until after 11 Sep 2002, to watch the program here, as there is an embargo on it outside the USA for some reason, however should anyone have taped it, I sure would like to view it and would send the tape back upon watching the program. email me if you have a copy. Thanks. My VCR is NTSC/PAL compatable

Regards,
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#27]
SON OF A @%#&$#) B*TCH!!! I had the F@#%$^g VCR on the wrong channel, and taped some damn movie on Sci-Fi! G&%$#@(^t!!! F*CK!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the wife taping it now from the west coast feed on the satalite.  I'll let you guys know how it turns out.  I should be able to get some copies to people.  Let me know if you need one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I am fortunate to know a couple of the members of the FDNY thru a sailing org. that I belong to ( and yes, thank God they are still with us.)  I have felt for them since the attack, but I now have a new appreciation for what their brothers went thru.

That was a great documentary.

I’m usually among the first to bash the French Govt., and French Intellectuals in general (Why? Because they deserve it!), but my hat is off to these two French film makers. If the FDNY calls them “brothers” it’s good enough for me.

My mother-in-law (What? She’s still here?) and my wife had to leave the room during the lobby footage. I may never forget that sound, and how the FireFighters reacted to it, not once, not twice, but over and over.

I had a tear in my eye at parts, and I think my father-in-law did also. He is a Vol. Fire Fighter in his home town, where there are no paid men.

The war on terror is worth it. More American soldiers are going to die. It is unavoidable. That is sad.

But it is them or us.

Some people need to be reminded.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't watch network TV much these days, and especially not CBS.  Too many sleazy "comedies",
too much PC, too much "Blathering" by anchor's who should have retired years ago when their biases became common knowledge.

BUT......

This was what TV was susposed to be.
I hope Daschel, Gephart, the liberal press, the Hate Amerika First crowd, and the yuppie "don't bother me with this anymore, I'm busy moving on", types were watching.

We ARE at war, and we need to remember that we are, and why.  I told my wife that I'd like to order up an extra helping of cruise missles, after seeing this.

CBS is no longer "The crown jewel of TV", but somewhere tonight, Edward R. Morrow is smiling.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh Danny Boy, was the song playing as the show ended.  I should hope that NO ONE in this country would have a dry eye.  We should all have the resolve to bring this and all other such acts of terrorism to an ugly and vicious end.  We need to remoe the political restraints from our soldiers, and let them fight the war the way they think is should be.  We will win, however, we must protect our men from the PC news people and politicians.  The people that did this are horrid, vicious and dishonorable people, and they need to be treated as such.  No mercy, no guilt, no fear.    
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I don’t know how to work the quote thing yet, but this is very, very nice.

Faris wrote -

CBS is no longer "The crown jewel of TV", but somewhere tonight, Edward R. Morrow is smiling.”

Right on!

Mike
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

do not thynk you are alone in your thynking !! i am not watching !! do NOT watch network TV & especially the "Commie Broadcasting System"...., any one remember, "The Guns of August".......? it was broadcast about 1974 by CBS i have not watched that commie network since that day !!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

You need some fresh tinfoil, man.. your hat's apparently worn out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#35]
God Bless America!
My home sweet home.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:58:09 AM EDT
[#36]
arrin,

i know you are most lykely still in diapers so i'll just ignore what you said........

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:12:24 AM EDT
[#37]
For anyone that didn't see it, here's my site again, although its been getting a lot of hits and I'm going over my bandwidth usage.

[size=4][b][url]http://www.geocities.com/balzac72/Sept_11.html[/url][/b][/size=4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#38]
If someone is feeling especially neighborly, I would appreciate a copy.  I will gladly pay for the service.

Wasn't able to watch it last night because of work.

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
patsue
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#39]
My beef is with the media.  I watched the 9/11 piece and came away wondering how a media so hellbent on fighting censorship of any kind saw fit to not show the gruesome reality of what really happened.  The people of the United States need to see the gore to realize that this is for real and we are in a fight for our very survival.  There is no place for political correctness.  You will never hear the "f..." word on a CBS movie of the week.  You will see, however...in that same movie...bodies being shot with bullets, blood gushing all over the place and every kind of ficticious violence you can imagine.  In the 9/11 tape, you heard the "f..." word many, many times but you never saw those poor people crashing into the sidewalk after realizing that jumping to their death was better than being burned alive.  This country still doesn't get it and the media still "is the message".  You felt sad after watching 9/11...the way they showed it.  You felt sorry for the victims and all that is well and fine.  However, it makes more sense to me that we should feel angry and hateful to those who brought us that day.  We should want revenge, in spades, and that was never mentioned.  The peace loving media tells us what to think and we just go along to get along.  It's a mistake, but in the end, it will be them who scream the loudest when our way of life is gone forever.  And, they will wonder how it ever happened.  Un...frigging....believable...but true.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#40]
According to the filmmakers, they never filmed any bodies crashing onto the ground. Nor did they film the people on fire in the lobby.

The brothers avoided filming the "gore". That was not what they were there for.

IMHO the gore factor was not needed. Just hearing the constant rain of bodies outside was disgusting enough. Knowing that the firefighters could not evacuate through the lobby since there were so many bodies falling was disgusting.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I was on shift last night,just sitting on the couch surfing like we always do before bed.When i came upon something so powerfull it had a whole Firehouse crying like 3yr olds.Me and the guys watched in horror at what happened!I have worked countless jobs with these guys and never i mean never seen a tear in any of them.yet here they sit crying.And i have never seen fear on there face.After it was over John turned to me and said "LT,i hope something like this  never happens to us"my reply "John,some of the largest petochemical areas on the gulfcoast is in our district" and i saw fear on his face,and i am sure he saw it on mine.

be safe out there
1hole
[USA}
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#42]
if this is offensive to some.., then leave now & don't let the door hit you............

miniman says he was there...., ok ! so ! but to say this "documentary" took him back to that day is strrrrrrretching it a bit, i was NOT there but i know people who were & they told me that tripe on CBS was kindergarten lulaby material compared to what my friends told me they saw, heard & smelled !!

my wife says she saw no documentary, all she saw was typical "Commie Broadsiding Shyt" exploitation !!

it is easy to pick out those who were educated in the public school system in this country since 1960ad......

i am one of those who belive in showing clips of the WTC actual crashs, & the bodys falling & Danny Pearl getting his head cut off should be shown to the American public 6 times a night during ALL prime time shows till they get it in their thick heads this country is in a long war, the loss of lyfe will not be as high as WWII nor VN nor DS......, but there will be more body bags coming home......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top