Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2005 12:18:25 PM EDT
I just watched the episode that had the Pegusus in it. CDR Kline attacked 3 of Baltar's basestars, destroyed two of them and then disappeared. Supposedly the Pegusus was destroyed when the two basestars blew up but they left it open for it to come back. My guess is they jumped at the moment the base stars kaboomed.

So, will it make an appearance in the new series? I understand this is not a continuation of the original series.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:57:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 8:58:23 PM EDT by Airwolf]
Doubt it.

The producers of the new series made it PEFECTLY CLEAR that they were only using the old series as a jumping off point for the new one (hence all the changes).

The Pegasus vanishing was more likely a setup for later in the orginal series. One that never got followed up on because it was cancelled so quickly.

BTW Battlestars don't "jump" as there was no mention of FTL travel, hyperspace or any such in the orginal series.

PS haven't seen the new one yet (Tivo is programmed) so maybe they changed *THAT* premise too in the new one?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:59:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

BTW Battlestars don't "jump" as there was no mention of FTL travel, hyperspace or any such in the orginal series.

They mentioned it one it could run at lightspeed, but never got into the detials.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:06:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

They mentioned it one it could run at lightspeed, but never got into the detials.

Good catch!

Probably meaning 99%+, which if you are up on your physics brings about all sorts of interesting things which most Hollywood writers are unware of or totally ignore.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:07:33 PM EDT
Ep 11 of the new series should be done when I get home tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:29:21 PM EDT
During the new mini series, all the ships that couldn't lightjump were ambushed and destroyed by the Cylons while transferring as many passengers as could be carried to the faster ships.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:44:23 PM EDT
Kanes dauther Sheba. Dauther of June lockhart of Lost in Space.
Top Top