Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/5/2004 7:57:52 AM EDT
What a load of crap!

Juliette Lewis is a skank, not on the same level of Courtny Love, but close.

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Go back to your video games then.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
No movie sucks that has made me go out and buy a 1911 a week after watching it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
SACRILEGE!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the appeal to members here was not the plot, dialogue or the actress but the variety of weapons and the way they were handled.

Ya gotta admit they did a good job in that area.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

Juliette Lewis is a hottie, in a skanky, trampy sorta way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#6]
are you the same guy that keeps coming back and saying all the movies you watch suck?

maybe its not the movies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
are you the same guy that keeps coming back and saying all the movies you watch suck?

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

HERETIC!!!

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#9]
The gun play in that movie ruled.

I just got my copy of it at Wally World for $5.50 !

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope.

Heat rocked!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

I enjoy any movie where she bleeds, so it works doubly well for me.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

Yeah I watched the move for Juliette too Screw the gunplay.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I have it on DVD. I've watched it twice and still have not figured out what the fvck was going on.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Who cares, it had a lot of gunplay....

Quoted:
I have it on DVD. I've watched it twice and still have not figured out what the fvck was going on.

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
It took watching a shit movie to make you buy a 1911?
So you are planning on kidnapping a pregnant skank - I mean if the movie made you buy a gun....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#16]
1. Were the dudes really dirtbags down on their luck...or professionals?
2. Whose baby was it?
3. What were the relationships between all the major parties...I can't figure out what the connections were.
4. Sure the gunplay and tactics were fairly cool, but WTF WAS GOING ON???
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Spoilers in white!

1. Professional dirtbags that were constant screwups, I assume.
2. It was the girl's and doctor's baby, not the mobster's
3. The lead hitman was the girl's father, the black mob guy (Diggs?) was boinking the mobster's wife and (assumed) got her pregnant.
4. Cant help you, watch it a few more times, there are many subtle things going on.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

Not gonna get involved on the JL thing, but I'm definitely in the 'not buying the hype' people here have with the film. It's not bad, it's got some great parts to it, but it kinda left me with 'eh....ok'...nowhere near the almost masturbatory delight a lot of people seem to view it with.

But come on....you've got to give at least some props for lines like:
'You'd better shut your bitch up before I fuckstart her face'.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Spoilers in white!

1. Professional dirtbags that were constant screwups, I assume.
2. It was the girl's and doctor's baby, not the mobster's
3. The lead hitman was the girl's father, the black mob guy (Diggs?) was boinking the mobster's wife and (assumed) got her pregnant.
4. Cant help you, watch it a few more times, there are many subtle things going on.

Kharn

The mobster was the doctors father, soI don't think he was shooting blanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#20]
By "mobster," are we talking about James Caan's character, or the guy who hired him?
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
2. Whose baby was it?
3. What were the relationships between all the major parties...I can't figure out what the connections were.

SPOILERS

1.  They were down on their lock Pros, who knew that they would not win, in a white hat black hat universe, but they still did their "best."

2.  It was the natural child of the doctor (Chiddick's disgraced son who killed someone during a procedure), not the product of Chiddick and the shrimp eating skank

3. Lewis was Caan's daughter, she was the one "working on something" to take care of him that Caan mentioned to Del Toro in the coffee shop.

4.  Shrimp eating skank was bonking the Lead young security guy who butted heads with Caan, and wanted Lewis AND the Dr. out of the way, hence the "Just bring back the baby, we'll take care of everything else" instruction.

5.  Abner, the guy who played Clint's brother in Every Which Way but Loose, was an absolute burnout, notice how Caan consults a list before calling him, there are at leat 5-7 names ahead of Abner's, all are crossed off.    

Knowing these points, it was a matter of a simple snatch something a rich guy would pay to get back, except the righ guy was shady, and had a guy like Caan to "make things right."

What I can't figure out is why Del Toro had the conversation about "hearts" and then tell's Phillippe to go back into the room to get his jacket when he already had his jacket, seems like a screwover, but he pulls him out of the way of the shotgun blast.

Was he just reminding him whose side he was on?  And that the skank was the enemy?    
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HeH
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What I can't figure out is why Del Toro had the conversation about "hearts" and then tell's Phillippe to go back into the room to get his jacket when he already had his jacket, seems like a screwover, but he pulls him out of the way of the shotgun blast.

Was he just reminding him whose side he was on?  And that the skank was the enemy?    

According to the commentary I saw by the cast on TV he changed his mind about killing him.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
By "mobster," are we talking about James Caan's character, or the guy who hired him?

Chiddick, who hired Caan.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Good post, CITADEL. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Combatjack:
True, but the doc's at least 25-30, ol' dad might not be fully functional anymore.
Or, it could be his kid, as his wife just didnt want to have one naturally.

The game of hearts was a warning from Del Toro to the other kidnapper, trying to teach him to not get emotionally involved with any hostages, IIRC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I just picked this up for $5.50 + tax at walmart.

It sucked.

Save your money.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I just picked this up for $5.50 + tax at walmart.

It sucked.

Save your money.

EEEEK!!! ANOTHER HERETIC!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

Somebody shut that cunt's mouth before I come over there and fuck-start her head.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a load of crap!

Somebody shut that cunt's mouth before I come over there and fuck-start her head.

Now that part was funny.

Then he hits the woman first.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
2. Whose baby was it?

1. Professional criminals, but transient in nature.
2. The doctor's.
3. Lewis is Caans daughter. The Doctor is the mobsters son. Diggs is fvcking the mobsters wife. Who can get pregnant, but doesnt want to ruin her figure.
4. It's a pretty simple plot if you listen to the dialog. Pay attention to the dialog between Del Toro and Can in the Cantina.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I was just amazed by the tactics/gunplay in the kidnapping scene. Best cover and movement I've seen out of hollywood in ages....
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#36]
And Abner was played by Geoffrey Lewis, who is Juliette Lewis' real dad.

And I was under the impression that the Dr. got in trouble for performing illegal abortions - i didn't think about someone dying...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
1. Professional criminals, but transient in nature.
2. The doctor's.
3. Lewis is Caans daughter. The Doctor is the mobsters son. Diggs is fvcking the mobsters wife. Who can get pregnant, but doesnt want to ruin her figure.
4. It's a pretty simple plot if you listen to the dialog. Pay attention to the dialog between Del Toro and Can in the Cantina.

Good post. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#38]
all in all it was a cheap movie but found to be good in the gun play action types. I liked it, it was rough but what do you want, if done by the hollyweid bad boys it wouldn't show the rawness of what happened.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#39]
They don't actually say what happened in Baltimore, they leave it up to your imagination.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
They don't actually say what happened in Baltimore, they leave it up to your imagination.

A patient, either mother or child, died during delivery. So he quit doing deliveries and started doing abortions insted. Fixing mistakes instead of making them...

Watch the movie, then watch the directory commentary, then watch the movie agian. You'll see things you may have missed at first glance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It took watching a shit movie to make you buy a 1911?
So you are planning on kidnapping a pregnant skank - I mean if the movie made you buy a gun....

Quoted:

The movie was very entertaining. If you didn't like it take it back to Wal-Mart and explain to them your inability to handle violence and dirty words. I am sure they will understand and your mom will get her $5.50 back.

Tool
is a good band.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The plot was OK for what it was, a poor man's Pulp Fiction,  but what I couldn't reconcile was that the guys were obviously pretty sharp tactically but such fuckups about everything else.  From the very first scene where the guys get their asses stomped, my expectations took a sudden jolt downward.

They went into is knowing they'd get stomped.  They just didn't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#45]
What pissed me off was that Del Toro had mag after mag for his .45, but only 2 mags for the Galil...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I read the first original post.  You're a nut.  That's all that needs to be said.  Carry on.

BEST LOW SPEED CHASE EVER!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The plot was OK for what it was, a poor man's Pulp Fiction,  but what I couldn't reconcile was that the guys were obviously pretty sharp tactically but such fuckups about everything else.  From the very first scene where the guys get their asses stomped, my expectations took a sudden jolt downward.

They went into is knowing they'd get stomped.  They just didn't give a fuck.

One way or the other, morons.

It's setting up the whole rest of the movie.  Guess that was lost on you.  Oh well, we now return you to your regularly scheduled blowing shit up [shrug]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What pissed me off was that Del Toro had mag after mag for his .45, but only 2 mags for the Galil...

1911 mags are real easy to find & fairly cheap.  Galil mags aren't so much.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#50]
It was a great movie. On my top ten list. I kinda like pulp indies.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top