Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2012 8:01:18 AM EDT
Some say because of Sandy and all the trash, garbage and shitting in buildings...flu and sickness can be much worse this year. those people travel and spread it all over the nation. Upper respiratory sickness, high fevers over 101 and it goes on forever. Wash you hands people and use hand sanitizer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm covered. I lick my hands weekly to clean them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like this "theory" explained and expanded on. Is there REALLY going to be an uptick in influenza cases and severity because of the hurricane?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd like this "theory" explained and expanded on. Is there REALLY going to be an uptick in influenza cases and severity because of the hurricane?

It's the breakdown of sanitation.  You'll recognize the POTUS because he'll be the only one who doesn't have sh*t on him.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Well you got people with no water, no bathing digging through trash and garbage. Low quality of food they are eating. I don't know...you figure it out. Can't be good...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well you got people with no water, no bathing digging through trash and garbage. Low quality of food they are eating. I don't know...you figure it out. Can't be good...

Sounds like a normal day in NYC.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Not saying it will be good or anything, more like wondering how bad it is. If sanitation is bad, sure all shit will break loose. I was more thinking about the typical human influenza virus. Are there still masses of people with no running water? No soap?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#7]
So wait, let me get this straight.  You are professing that there is going to be a NATIONWIDE epidemic because there was a hurricane that caused flooding in the Tri-state area and people should beef up there hand washing regimen because of that?

Was there a NATIONAL outbreak of sickness after Katrina?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
OK smart ass. Did I say 'nation wide epidemic?' I did NOT. I said be careful about getting sick this year...meaning it MAY be worse or more difficult to get over it because of lack of sanitation because of Sandy.  I have heard some nurses saying they have had friends with upper respiratory illness that really hangs on. That is all.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So wait, let me get this straight.  You are professing that there is going to be a NATIONWIDE epidemic because there was a hurricane that caused flooding in the Tri-state area and people should beef up there hand washing regimen because of that?

Was there a NATIONAL outbreak of sickness after Katrina?

Watching the news coverage made me a little nauseous.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm covered. I lick my hands weekly to clean them.

I thought that was what dogs were for?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top