Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2009 5:04:51 PM EDT
The first three minutes are slow and dumb and you may think the hole video is dumb .

This is all stuff I found or was given over the last 2 years. I dug 70 feet and the well has been making good water for about a month now. I have left it running for up to 8 hours with no problems.

This well is for watering the grass and the garden That I am trying to get started.

Where I live it is pretty easy to get water at 30 feet 70 feet and 120 feet + or - 5 feet so choosing where to dig is not hard.

The digging is the hard part it took two days.

This well would have cost me 3000.00 if I had paid some one. I spent about 900.00 over two years for everything including 330.00 for a submersible pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNN3AKco6ZQ
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
good for you. interesting project.

the time value of money and of the value of my time would dictate that the $3k to have it done in a day of 2 would be the right way to go for me. YMMV. good luck. Maybe you strike oil and never have to work again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
good for you. interesting project.

the time value of money and of the value of my time would dictate that the $3k to have it done in a day of 2 would be the right way to go for me. YMMV. good luck. Maybe you strike oil and never have to work again.

I really just wanted the knowledge and the experience.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe no one is even making fun of me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't believe no one is even making fun of me.

Shut up fag.

Your welcome.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
thats pretty neat, no insults from me

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
how deep is that?

It looks like you only went down 30-50 feet if that.. isnt the aquafer much deeper than that? Just didnt think you wanted to drink ground water from the water table unless it came from real deep..

neve built a well so i dont know i was just curious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks like some country assed shit that i would build.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Would rather see pics of wife drilling well

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
how deep is that?

It looks like you only went down 30-50 feet if that.. isnt the aquafer much deeper than that? Just didnt think you wanted to drink ground water from the water table unless it came from real deep..

Its for irrigation!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
how deep is that?

Its for irrigation!!!!

Word! I started drinking a little.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#12]
What's not to like about that? Do it yourself, save major coin, and irrigate on the cheap. Good job!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
how deep is that?

Its for irrigation!!!!

Damn..  guess i should have read his post better... Wish i had a well for my grass...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]
you did drill a 4" larger hole then your casing and then pressure grouted the casing to make sure surface water will not containmate everybody's ground water right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
you did drill a 4" larger hole then your casing and then pressure grouted the casing to make sure surface water will not containmate everybody's ground water right?

That is not how they seal them aroud here. But it is sealed correctly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top