Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 8:12:44 AM EDT
Click here!
[url]http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=11de362810cf971feda84da89211ae3e&threadid=56985[/url]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Click here!
[url]http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=11de362810cf971feda84da89211ae3e&threadid=56985[/url]
View Quote

[:K] This thing keeps getting posted, day after day, like it was new.

If it is real, it's Chechens attacking a Russian APC. Old. Not new.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh well...this is what I got:

[b][size=4]ACTUAL FILE FOOTAGE: US ARMY DECEMBER 10, 2001.  07:30[/b][/size]

Gives you an idea how close the Army is to the bad guys.

Subject: Attack on a Taliban BMP

This was just sent to me by a friend on the USS John C. Stennis.  He was the strike element lead on this attack, and received these pictures as a "thank you" from the U S Army controllers on the ground. It is an excellent example of a joint, combined arms operation.  A Taliban/ al-Qaida armored vehicle (ex-Russian BMP) with troops embarked and riding on top is targeted by forward air controllers (FAC's) of the US Army, 4th Special Operations Group.  A flight of two Navy F-14 Tomcats are called in by the Army FAC's and strike the vehicle nearly simultaneously with GBU-16 laser guided bombs.  As a bonus, there is a nice secondary explosion in the middle of the road, towards the end of the set.

Jerry Burns
Project Manager
KC-135 ATS
303-783-3261
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen this footage before.  If I remember corectly it was originally billed as a [i]Russian[/i] APC that was destroyed by Chechen (or Afghan, I can't remember) soldiers when it drove over a buried mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top