Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 7:44:39 PM EDT
Let's suppose the Iraq Tribunal finds Saddam guilty for the murder of over a million Iraqi's (no big stretch there).  Most likely the penalty will be death.  Most likely hanging or firing squad. Will our gov't (FCC) probihition televising the event or will there be a frenzied bidding war to be the network that gets to air it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
we won't get to see it live govt won't allow it!
but it will be all over the net!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
i predict at least [s]5[/s] 15 threads here asking if anyone has the 'saddam video' [:O]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If he is to Die I see a chance to make millions.  WebCast PPV.

I don't think they will kill him.  That would be honorable.

Either they will keep him they way he is now, In a jail prisoner of the people for the rest of his life. He'll either be handed over to the US for safe keeping or handed over to the Hague for imprisonment.

Either way He is a BIG embarresment to all arabs.  He built up for years that he would die fighting, and ingrained that impression on everybody around him. His sons believed it so much they died fighting. Then finally push come to shove he throws his hands up and "surrenders" without a shot fired from a hole in the ground.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Let him live out his years in jail. Killing him will only make him a martyr, and empower the palestinians, al qweerda, al aqsa martyr's brigade,...

As much as he deserves to die, it will hurt us more to make him a hero to the ultra "Religion of peace" followers...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
10 years from now, he'll be sitting pretty on top of billions in Iraqi assets that he stole during his reign, possibly living in the palace he finished building in Libya last year.  The millions of dollars from the book & movie deals will make him look legitimate.  He'll earn top dollar on the lecture circuit in France, Germany, Belgium and other European countries.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let him live out his years in jail. Killing him will only make him a martyr, and empower the palestinians, al qweerda, al aqsa martyr's brigade,...

As much as he deserves to die, it will hurt us more to make him a hero to the ultra "Religion of peace" followers...
View Quote

I wonder if we keep him alive, how many people will attempt to take hostages and demand his release in exchange?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I say let hom live, but cut off his hands.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I say let hIm live, but cut off his hands.
View Quote

thats a good idea, but why not take it a little further....

anybody ever see the cartoon "The Oblongs"?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I think that their is just about the same chance that he will do life. The Brits are against the death penalty and so will be many arab countries.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if we keep him alive, how many people will attempt to take hostages and demand his release in exchange?
View Quote

I think thats what will happen also.

They need to kill him.

Edited to add: HELL YEAH I'd watch him die!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.lucianne.com/routine/images/12-16-03.jpg[/img]

[b]"I've got my own personal views of how he ought to be treated." [/b]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think that their is just about the same chance that he will do life. The Brits are against the death penalty and so will be many arab countries.
View Quote

Hey, no fair, Tony Blair already said he "wouldn' object if the death penalty was sought in this case". So it's not us stoping you, in fact, feel free, after you, no I insist :)

The death penalty in Iraq has been suspended while the US is in charge, but when the hand over is complete, (June 30th?, and the local authorities take over it'll be re-instated (odds are).

My bet is for a july 1st trial and execution...

/Phil
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#13]

He needs a short drop on the end of a short rope.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#14]
It's great having a president whose foreign policy can be summed up by the phrase "Do [i]not[/i] fuck with the United States."
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#15]
[George Carlin] Budwiser would jump on the chance to sponcer that[/George Carlin]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]
If it is broadcast in middle eastern contries freely. But blocked here in the U.S. It's easy to use proxies and view it. I viewed alot of live video from the opening days of the war that way.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He needs a short drop on the end of a short rope.
View Quote

A long drop from a long rope would be far more fun to watch.IMO
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Come on folks...don't you see the potential.

Saddam's execution on Pay-Per View. All of the funds collected go to the rebuilding effort!

Or better yet, to a scholarship fund for the children of our fallen soldiers.

After that great success, Bin Laden get's captured and the pay-per view for that, funds the rebuiding of the WTC.

It's good to be a capitalist!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top