Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2014 12:32:28 AM EDT

SEATTLE (Reuters) - A museum in Washington state plans to remove about a dozen borrowed firearms from a World War Two exhibit and return them to their owners to comply with a new gun law that requires background checks for all gun transfers, the institution said on Wednesday.

Washington voters passed legislation earlier this month expanding background checks on all firearms purchases to include sales at guns shows and online, as well for loans and transfers.

The Lynden Pioneer Museum, located about 100 miles north of Seattle and just south of the Canadian border, said that as a result it was pulling all 11 of the World War Two-era guns in its exhibit, "Over the Beach: The WWII Pacific Theater," before the law takes effect.

"The museum will be returning these guns to their owners because as of Dec. 4, we would be in violation of the law if we had loaned firearms that had not undergone the background check procedure," the museum said in a statement.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Jaysus tittyfucking Christ.

How is the next generation to learn?  Oh, that's right...

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Again ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid tards
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I say the owners just keep their weapons upon receipt
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid tards
View Quote

From a Kaliforniev poster?  That's rich.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I volunteer at the RRMcCormick museum, about 30 years ago the Chicago Tribune had control of the Foundation that runs the museum and the First Division Museum. They, The Tribune, wanted to wash all evidence that Col. McCormick was a hunter and gun collector, so they just took his firearms out of his library and replace them with books. I visited several times during that period and I got into several heated discussions with the staff and once with the so called curator of the museum as to why they found it necessary to fuck with history. Needless to say when I started to volunteer at the Col's museum (his mansion) I was glad to see that he weapons/firearms had been returned.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF?

Is it retroactive or something?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update

View Quote

A touch of common sense...for now...
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I volunteer at the RRMcCormick museum, about 30 years ago the Chicago Tribune had control of the Foundation that runs the museum and the First Division Museum. They, The Tribune, wanted to wash all evidence that Col. McCormick was a hunter and gun collector, so they just took his firearms out of his library and replace them with books. I visited several times during that period and I got into several heated discussions with the staff and once with the so called curator of the museum as to why they found it necessary to fuck with history. Needless to say when I started to volunteer at the Col's museum (his mansion) I was glad to see that he weapons/firearms had been returned.
View Quote
I remember back in AIT, I was at Fort Huachuca, and I would have to have a detail handing out towels at the COL Eiffler Gym at Prosser Village.

I noticed, in the glass case there, was a 45ACP "Homemade" Sub Machine gun that COL Eiffler had made during the war. It made me think about the current prohibitive gun atmosphere, and anyone building a submachine gun in the military, even in a time of war would get slammed by uncle sugar and would definitely NOT have a gym named after them.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the problem?  They gotz weed!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:08:23 AM EDT
[#14]
The new history. Wars never happened.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:12:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good job on the restoration of history!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had nothing to do with it, someone though did have a change of heart and decided to rectify the problem. I've been volunteering at the museum for only 3 years.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Again ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Well god damn go, Pistol Annies Jewelry and Pawn.  Next time I am near Bonnie Lake I stopping by and make a purchase from that establishment.

I posted the earlyer thread and its nice to see see someone step up, I just worry about all the other small museums around the nation.

Edit and of course visiting the museum.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#19]
At this point I'm not sure I can talk about this law and stay within the COC.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a sickening sense that those idiots masterbate when they watch gladiator movies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top