Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 1:23:19 PM EDT
6 ears of corn for $1.00
3 pairs of socks for $4.00

She is the "news director" for the Bob Rivers Show in Seattle (Think twisted tunes).
www.bobrivers.com/show/staff/bio_kaci.asp

Ask Big Scrun, he told her he has "more thrust per squeeze".

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]

LOL, sounds like the sorry assed one I went to yesterday
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You forgot one 8 apples for a $1.00 or the whole box for $10.00

Please tell me that you also decided to talk to the Media gal in the parking lot!

Like my new sig line?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I did, I managed to work in 8 uses of the word "fuck".

Quoted:
Please tell me that you also decided to talk to the Media gal in the parking lot!
Like my new sig line?

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did, I managed to work in 8 uses of the word "fuck".

Quoted:
Like my new sig line?

Im sorry that you will not qualify for the list of dumbasses Media Whores, It seems that you were trying to make sure your comments did NOT get on the air.

Once again Im sorry...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd hit it.

That is not in question....

Would you have given her a interview on Firearms issue's in the parking lot of a gunshow, where the Media is not allowed inside?...

This is the same show that last year had a reporter from the local news have a guy from Washington cease fire buy a AR-15 so they could do a show on how easy it is for crooks to buy guns and why we should close the Loophole?...

You see there seems to be a couple of guys from ARFCOM that are happy to get onto the news...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
[This is the same show that last year had a reporter from the local news have a guy from Washington cease fire buy a AR-15 so they could do a show on how easy it is for crooks to buy guns and why we should close the Loophole?...

I think that was the Centralia show, but I have been...um...known to be wrong before

CeaseFire was shook up pretty bad when they found out that all WAC members had the NICS check done when they joined.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[This is the same show that last year had a reporter from the local news have a guy from Washington cease fire buy a AR-15 so they could do a show on how easy it is for crooks to buy guns and why we should close the Loophole?...

I think that was the Centralia show, but I have been...um...known to be wrong before

CeaseFire was shook up pretty bad when they found out that all WAC members had the NICS check done when they joined.

Your 100% right....It was Centralia...

Did you talk to her?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
She's a cutie, but speaking with ANY media about guns is bad juju. No matter how nice the reporter, the editors will slam-fit the footage to fit editorial policy. Hey- when was the last time anybody ever saw consistently fair coverage about guns anywhere in the media?

[crickets chirping]

My standard comment when asked by the media about anything: "No comment." Getting misquoted, misused and misled is not worth the hassle anymore, no matter how cute or personable the reporter with the mike may be. BTDT, got the tire tracks down my back to show for it.

That two word reply has served the Kennedys in good stead for forty years when ever asked about their legal, alcohol, drug, marital or family problems. If it works for them, it will work for you. To paraphrase Nancy Reagan, "Just say 'NO comment' ".
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:03:37 AM EDT
[#12]
No.
That was KIRO News at Chehalis .

It took just 15 minutes for KIRO Team 7 Investigators to buy a sniper's rifle. We show you how easy it is to skirt the law and walk away with a loaded gun. KIRO Team 7 Investigators expose a gaping hole in the Brady Bill, that's putting you in danger.
Federal law states clearly that you have to pass a criminal background check and wait a few days before acquiring most guns.

But KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Investigative Reporter Chris Halsne shows us how big a joke that is at gun shows here in Western Washington.

This is an AR-15 assault rifle, nearly identical to the one the Washington, D.C. snipers used to create so much terror over the past few months. We bought it for cash at a local gun show recently, in less time than it takes to fill the banana clip. No background check, no paperwork. We own an un-traceable weapon.

Bodies and blood filled morgues from Washington, D.C. to Tacoma, Washington. More than a dozen victims used as human target practice. More than a dozen families left to mourn.

Federal agents can't find any records as to exactly how suspected snipers John Muhammed and Lee Malvo acquired their military-style killing machine.

The reality is: it doesn't really matter.

KIRO Team 7 Investigators discovered anyone can legally buy an AR-15 semi-automatic. Felons, guys angry at their wives, mental patients -- All are welcome here at the Chehalis gun show.

We went undercover last weekend to the Western Sport Arms Collectors Show with "Justin". "I said 'What do I have to do to take this home today?'" he says. Justin asked the nearest dealer where to buy an assault rifle without the hassles of government records. A few minutes later, one man offered us a "private sale."

He took our $750 cash, stuffed it in his pocket, and the AR-15 was ours to take home immediately.

"There are enough private sellers that don't do any of that -- no paperwork, no background checks -- that it's really a piece of cake, an open market," says Justin. Justin says he was asked to fill out a red ID card.

But watch: the dealer didn't keep it, immediately handing it back. He didn't even ask to see Justin's drivers license. "There's basically no record that I actually purchased that weapon."

Cease Fire Washington says the transaction we videotaped alarms them. They think it's time state legislators in Olympia to close our gun show loopholes. "California, Oregon, 18 other states have done it and we need to do this so that criminals don't get their hands on weapons so easily," says Laura Lockard of Ceasefire.

Not everyone agrees.

"The fact of the matter is 99.9 percent of what goes on at those gun shows is perfectly legal," says Lewis County Sheriff John McCroskey.

McCroskey says gun shows in his jurisdiction don't bother him a bit. He also thinks politicians should stay out of 2nd Amendment debates.

"I'm not confident those people know what to do, nor am I confident what they do will be effective. In my book, if you can't be effective, you shouldn't be doing it," McCroskey says.

The alternative is to keep what's now a duel system of firearms checks. If we had walked into a licensed gun store, we would still be waiting to pick up this AR-15.

At the gun show, anybody can own it -- right now.

"I love guns. I love shooting sport. I loved being able to go in a buy anything I wanted and taking it home. But, then again. I know I'm not a criminal. I know I'm stable and won't be blowing people away tomorrow," says Justin.

I want to reiterate: our sale was legal in the state of Washington. That may soon change. In the next few months, we're told Congress will be taking up the gun show issue.

There is considerable political pressure, following the D.C. snipers case to make sure everyone gets a proper background check before buying a firearm.

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is the same show that last year had a reporter from the local news have a guy from Washington cease fire buy a AR-15 so they could do a show on how easy it is for crooks to buy guns and why we should close the Loophole?...

Bob Rivers did that?

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Brave Investigative Reporter Battles Evil Snipers
Dr. Michael S. Brown

Thursday, Nov. 21, 2002

The case of the "Beltway Snipers" has given liberal, big-city journalists an excuse for renewed attacks on their old enemies, America's gun owners. As in the past, the hallmark of these attacks is an emotional appeal designed to generate fear and loathing in the audience while obscuring any inconvenient facts. Local television news departments trying to hype their ratings during sweeps week have created some of the worst examples.

A classic attack piece aired on Seattle's KIRO 7 television station on Nov. 18. "Eyewitness News Investigative Reporter" Chris Halsne went on the road to Centralia, Wash., to visit a small town gun show and heroically expose the deadly danger caused by a "gaping loophole" in the Brady Law. His story of how he purchased an AR-15 rifle is so full of falsehoods and distortions that it serves as a comical example of advocacy journalism gone terribly wrong.

Halsne first identifies the AR-15 as a "sniper's rifle." In reality it is an emasculated civilian version of the standard infantryman's rifle, which is never used by real snipers and rarely used by criminals. Any common deer rifle is much more powerful and much closer in function to actual sniper rifles. He goes on to inflame KIRO viewers with laughably dramatic phrases like "blood-filled morgues" and "human target practice." This is political theater masquerading as news.

At the gun show, he makes the outrageous and slanderous claim that felons and mental patients are welcome, while neglecting to mention that both groups are prohibited by law from owning firearms. He implies that purchasing a rifle in a gun shop requires a waiting period. In Washington it does not.

He mentions that the D.C. "sniper" rifle seems to have evaded the normal paperwork, but he fails to tell KIRO viewers that the infamous rifle was most likely stolen from a gun store. To do so would have ended his attempt to defame gun shows by linking them to the D.C. killings. He also never explains how more paperwork would help, when criminals prefer to use stolen or untraceable guns.

Halsne could have done a useful investigative report by thoughtfully exploring the interesting story of the federal law that requires only licensed dealers to perform background checks and file the forms associated with retail gun sales. If he had asked the private sellers at the gun show, most would have told him that they would love to have a license and follow the rules. Many were probably licensed at one time.

Unfortunately, small-gun dealers were forced out of the system during the anti-gun hysteria of the early 1990s and became private sellers by default.

A real journalist would have mentioned the government study that found only 0.7 percent of crime guns were obtained at gun shows, but that would have spoiled a frightening tale.

An honest journalist would have pointed out that all laws apply at gun shows just as they do everywhere else, but that would have exposed the effort to falsely portray gun shows as free-trade zones where laws are magically suspended.

Slavishly following the standard attack plan, Halsne obtained the obligatory hand-wringing comments from Washington State's anti-gun lobby, but he got more than he bargained for when he interviewed Sheriff John McCroskey of Lewis County, site of the evil gun show.

McCroskey is not like the politically correct urban police chiefs so familiar to KIRO reporters. He refused to play along with the act and later wrote up his side of the story in the local newspaper, making fun of Halsne's attempt to create alarm about a perfectly legal activity. The only thing frightening to Sheriff McCroskey is that there is now a liberal reporter out there with a gun.

The precisely aimed smear job by CBS-affiliate KIRO and dramatic storyteller Chris Halsne suggests that a sinister sniper subculture has arisen within the unregulated community of honest reporters. Contact your legislators at once to close this gaping loophole by passing strict new laws requiring more government paperwork to ensure the ethical conduct of journalists.

Dr. Michael S. Brown is an optometrist and member of Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws, www.dsgl.org. He may be reached at [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:55:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had an e-mail discussion with Bob River and he is definitely NOT gun friendly! I don’t' know if he's anti gun but he doesn't like them and he's not friendly to weapons enthusiasts  

He was rude and insulting in reply to a friendly e-mail I sent. He had mentioned something false about gun statistics and I e-mailed him and told him he was incorrect. I gave him a link to the Department Justice that had the stats he was citing incorrectly. In his reply he blew up and was very unprofessional and claimed the stats there were all propaganda.

His show is entertaining but I really think he's a F--- stick
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Audio from first portion of the interview is being uploaded.

Big_Scrun speaks....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#17]
"Not evil enough..."
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Next up - Non-black gun owning tards.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#20]
bump
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#21]

His show is entertaining but I really think he's a F--- stick

He is. He wouldnt have a show without spike. Anyone know what happened to that POS Mora Galucci? good riddance to her.

Gotta give Bob credit for one thing though, he finally got smart and quit bragging about getting sloppy seconds from Steven Tyler.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
www.vaq34.com/junk/big_scrun_speaks_monroe_gun_show_kzok_kristin.mp3

They even let my "Hitlery in 2008" line slide in. I think I did well, they did not butcher up my interview.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.vaq34.com/junk/monroe_gun_show_kzok_kristin_part_two_bayonet_tards.mp3

NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ARF MEMBER SPEAKING!!

WHEW!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
thunbs up for the photo on that radio site, marine corps!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.vaq34.com/junk/big_scrun_speaks_monroe_gun_show_kzok_kristin.mp3

They even let my "Hitlery in 2008" line slide in. I think I did well, they did not butcher up my interview.

You did well, bigscrun. You acquitted yourself well, even in the face of the gasps and tongue-clucking of her ueber-liberal hosts. I still bet nothing you said was actually believed by any of them. They are not only ignorant, but prejudiced.

The bayonet tards: Floyd M Turbo and Elmer Fudd. Poster boys for gun (and bayonet) control. Just what the (liberal) doctor ordered for prototypical mouthbreather inbred redneck gunowners.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for your comments !!!

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=93818
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So chuck are you oldguy or old fart or whoever that was on the 1911 boards. I hope not, because that was one of the most chicken shit post I have ever seen, if you wanna blast someone do it here where they will read about it. They will also here about it from our membership ranks.

Many of us have spent the last year and a half writing letters, emails and blowing up the phones of our local senators and congressmen. All in efforts to get this ridiculous piece of legislation to go away. In some way we here at AR15.com feel very responsible for the ban sunsetting and we are very proud of that.

As for the comments made on a local radio show................There were sme good points that were made and let to play in context and there were some dumbass comments. My point is: if you want to ridicule someone and make a comment saying, "However, this idiot on AR15.com, in his post (with the title "Media Whore at WAC show"), do it here where the offender will read it.

I plan on posting your entire comment on this board since you are to chicken shit to do it here yourself.

Comments posted by oldfart on 1911:

The media doesn't have to work hard to make pro-gun rights people look stupid. We do this quite well all by ourselves.

Listening to my geezer rock station on the way to work this morning ... the morning show guys (and one gal) were discussing a post on AR15.com where some knucklehead made some crude comments about the station’s female reporter who interviewed several people at a local gun show this past weekend.

So, this morning, the discussion centered around the female reporter (who is evidently the station's news director as well) and her experience at the gun show in Monroe (WA) this past weekend. As it turns out, all of the people quoted were pretty satisfied with how the radio piece turned out. However, this idiot on AR15.com, in his post (with the title "Media Whore at WAC show") went on to make some statements regarding the reporter's appearance, clothing, and implying things about the reporter's sexual habits. Well, of course, numerous fellow idiots chimed in on the thread and repeatedly made crude and juvenile comments (plenty of sexual innuendo) ... parts of the thread were read on air.

Now, while this radio show's hosts are typical liberal middle-aged radio guys, they have, in the past typically provided balanced coverage when gun issues come up. Several times, their show has allowed pro-gun folks to completely speak their piece, and usually, the radio dudes seem to come away learning something, and pro-gun rights folks come off sounding okay. Their editorializing is generally kept to a minimum, and they're usually going for laughs rather than trying to slam listeners with an anti-gun slant.

Folks, is this what we want? Is this how we influence people to consider the merits of our cause? We can't make everyone out there a pro-gun rights person, but we're not going to convince anyone unless we can communicate in a mature and logical manner ... I, for one, am sick of the idiots out there who draw negative media attention like this. We should all know better.

chuckusp45 if you are not the original poster please don't take offense, but you are the messenger and the messenger sometimes gets shot too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#31]
eew. That reporter has Jack Palance's nose. ::wilt::
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Again I don't disagree with your comments, my problem is this: Don't hide on another board and rip someone, say it to him where he can get to it.

chuckusp45 if you are not the original poster please don't take offense, but you are the messenger and the messenger sometimes gets shot too.

These are not my comments, but the studip comments that where posted on this topic make the rest of us look bad. The media already thinks we are fanatics, why give them more fuel for the fire.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So chuck are you oldguy or old fart or whoever that was on the 1911 boards. I hope not, because that was one of the most chicken shit post I have ever seen, if you wanna blast someone do it here where they will read about it. They will also here about it from our membership ranks.

Many of us have spent the last year and a half writing letters, emails and blowing up the phones of our local senators and congressmen. All in efforts to get this ridiculous piece of legislation to go away. In some way we here at AR15.com feel very responsible for the ban sunsetting and we are very proud of that.

As for the comments made on a local radio show................There were sme good points that were made and let to play in context and there were some dumbass comments. My point is: if you want to ridicule someone and make a comment saying, "However, this idiot on AR15.com, in his post (with the title "Media Whore at WAC show"), do it here where the offender will read it.

I plan on posting your entire comment on this board since you are to chicken shit to do it here yourself.

Comments posted by oldfart on 1911:

The media doesn't have to work hard to make pro-gun rights people look stupid. We do this quite well all by ourselves.

Listening to my geezer rock station on the way to work this morning ... the morning show guys (and one gal) were discussing a post on AR15.com where some knucklehead made some crude comments about the station’s female reporter who interviewed several people at a local gun show this past weekend.

So, this morning, the discussion centered around the female reporter (who is evidently the station's news director as well) and her experience at the gun show in Monroe (WA) this past weekend. As it turns out, all of the people quoted were pretty satisfied with how the radio piece turned out. However, this idiot on AR15.com, in his post (with the title "Media Whore at WAC show") went on to make some statements regarding the reporter's appearance, clothing, and implying things about the reporter's sexual habits. Well, of course, numerous fellow idiots chimed in on the thread and repeatedly made crude and juvenile comments (plenty of sexual innuendo) ... parts of the thread were read on air.

Now, while this radio show's hosts are typical liberal middle-aged radio guys, they have, in the past typically provided balanced coverage when gun issues come up. Several times, their show has allowed pro-gun folks to completely speak their piece, and usually, the radio dudes seem to come away learning something, and pro-gun rights folks come off sounding okay. Their editorializing is generally kept to a minimum, and they're usually going for laughs rather than trying to slam listeners with an anti-gun slant.

Folks, is this what we want? Is this how we influence people to consider the merits of our cause? We can't make everyone out there a pro-gun rights person, but we're not going to convince anyone unless we can communicate in a mature and logical manner ... I, for one, am sick of the idiots out there who draw negative media attention like this. We should all know better.

I wonder if this is some of the crap Goatboy was posting about the other day?

P.S. Links are dead . Repost audio please.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Again I don't disagree with your comments, my problem is this: Don't hide on another board and rip someone, say it to him where he can get to it.

These are not my comments, but the studip comments that where posted on this topic make the rest of us look bad. The media already thinks we are fanatics, why give them more fuel for the fire.

You are preaching to the choir. Our friend has kicked his own ass and has been teased enough, Mr. two-post.

I find it curious you have been lurking for 3.5 months and dont have anything to say till you want to

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top