Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:45:06 AM EDT
I have a yellow film on the floor behind my washing machine.

It is an old Hotpoint.

I took the back off of it and there is a gunk build up and oil on the motor.

I think the transmission is leaking in it.

What do you guys think?

Should I buy a new washer & dryer?

Should I replace the transmission?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the yellow film .. lubricant ? ... rust ?

You may want to just wait until it finally dies.

If you wanna get a new washer, the new ones ring clothes out much more than the old ones...  saving you 220V dryer time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
My dishwasher quit and I slapped her.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay away from Maytag.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Sonic Youth.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
All the older ones leak to some degree. Is it broke? If not put the cover back on and you wont be able to see it
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
It is probably a bad seal.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]
How long do you guys think it will be before it shits the bed?

Can I "top off" the transmission?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
if it aint broke dont fix it,clean clothes are nice why be a maschnist when all ya need to do is put a pan under it and verify (rust///OIL) then plan new/used washer $$$$
@affordable income!
parts may seem cheap but the teardown usually is a surprise ,damned another broken rotten part and its plastic,save yourself a headach (sorry if i gave ya one)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
if it aint broke dont fix it,clean clothes are nice why be a maschnist when all ya need to do is put a pan under it and verify (rust///OIL) then plan new/used washer $$$$
@affordable income!
parts may seem cheap but the teardown usually is a surprise ,damned another broken rotten part and its plastic,save yourself a headach (sorry if i gave ya one)

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top