[#3]
Yes, very good.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It was just ok
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It has not aged well but it is pretty decent

However IIRC the DVDs are really lacking as they did not secure the rights to the music from the original airings

original intro

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

However IIRC the DVDs are really lacking as they did not secure the rights to the music from the original airings
View Quote

The DVDs would have been pretty darn good if they had the original music. I remember watching the re-runs on cable in the '90s and thinking to myself, "What the heck is with this crappy dentist office music? I don't remember this when I watched it in the '80s."
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in my teens when it was on. First couple of years it was my favorite show back then. If I remember it started getting bad in the last season(s) and stopped watching.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

original intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6fcd--354

View Quote
lol, I thought the music was pretty lame in the intro I posted

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The DVDs would have been pretty darn good if they had the original music. I remember watching the re-runs on cable in the '90s and thinking to myself, "What the heck is with this crappy dentist office music? I don't remember this when I watched it in the '80s."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that really sucks.  

Same thing happened to me with the original "Gone in 60 seconds"  I owned a horrible VHS copy of the original 1973 version. Then I bought the "re mastered"  DVD and was wondering why it sucked so bad.  Half way through I realized that instead of the '70s music from the original it was all dubbed over with a retard playing a Casio keyboard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, that is disappointing, I was going to get the DVDs but that music is F'ing awful.  It's interesting how easily crappy music can make a good show unwatchable. I loved watching tour of duty as a kid, then me and my buddy's would play Vietnam in my buddies ponds. Good times.

China beach sucked. My mom watched that one for the drama
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
My buddy's dad was stationed there and he laughed about the show and their "beach".

He said the water was shark infested and nobody went surfing there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well that really sucks.  

Same thing happened to me with the original "Gone in 60 seconds"  I owned a horrible VHS copy of the original 1973 version. Then I bought the "re mastered"  DVD and was wondering why it sucked so bad.  Half way through I realized that instead of the '70s music from the original it was all dubbed over with a retard playing a Casio keyboard.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that really sucks.  

yeah sounds like music from a Stephen J Cannell cop show from the 80s

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
They showed reruns of that everyday on TNT or TBS while I was in college. I've watched the entire series through a couple of times. I think I have the first season on DVD.

Not an amazing show, but entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I loved it as a kid. Great theme song
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Good thing nobody's admitting to recording it off the airwaves back during its original run. Wouldn't want to be called a thief and get banned.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell yes.

A bit too much moralising and not enough killing. But yeah enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#18]
"I was thinking of growing an afro..."

"No Lt., don't do that"
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]
The UK DVD release has the original music. You would need a player capable of reading Region 2 dvds though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Indeed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#21]
It started Ok then jumped the shark quickly.

Towards the end it was all race issues and general drama amongst the squad. A soap opera for men.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, the 1st season was pretty good but when they saw China Beach kicking their ass in ratings, they decided they needed to appeal to female viewers. Plus they moved production from Hawaii to LA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]

I liked it

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It started Ok then jumped the shark quickly.
Towards the end it was all race issues and general drama amongst the squad. A soap opera for men.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is full of a bunch of fucking SLACKERS!!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Lived off of it back then.  Dated today
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Most Excellent!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top