Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 4:16:48 AM EDT
Seems that they knew everyone would likely go pruchase all the bullet hoses they could afford- was it a plan to help arm us citizens to defend the US in case of attack? Being our troops are spread out a bit it makes sense to me.

Think i will have to go get another thrust per squeeze bullet hose baby seal/bald eagle killing evil rifle from the ice cream man on the corner to celebrate GWB win!!!

That and- GO BUSH!!!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:18:08 AM EDT
I wish this would be true...but no

SGatr15
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:21:12 AM EDT
highly highly doubt it, but it's a logical thought nonetheless, just remember that logic only occasionaly applies.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:22:03 AM EDT
It was allowed to expire for one reason and one reason alone. Do not be fooled into thinking that our reps in Washington have a newfound support for the 2nd.

The reason: The electorate is closely divided. The Democrats have played thier GC card and lost a significant voting block they have yet to replace. The Republicans are operating in safe mode right now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:22:43 AM EDT
We can neither confirm or deny that....
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:23:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DriftPunch:
It was allowed to expire for one reason and one reason alone. Do not be fooled into thinking that our reps in Washington have a newfound support for the 2nd.

The reason: The electorate is closely divided. The Democrats have played thier GC card and lost a significant voting block they have yet to replace. The Republicans are operating in safe mode right now.

+1

Voter wise it was a smarter move for both sides to do nothing and let it expire.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:24:03 AM EDT
Allowed to expire for homeland defense reasons? Probably not intentionally, but doncha WISH it was true?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:26:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cleatus:
was it a plan to help arm us citizens to defend the US in case of attack?

That IS the whole point of the Second Amendment.

But I doubt many in Washington connected those dots.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:28:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

I wish this would be true...but no

SGatr15

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:38:34 AM EDT
It was allowed to expire over the wishes of hypocritical totalitarian busy-bodies because lawmakers are scared of gun owners who care about their rights.

The fact that the Senate voted reauthorize it shows that we BARELY won that battle.
Top Top