Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2012 4:07:41 PM EDT
Woke up with the cat trying to get some thing behind a tool box near the bed. Expecting a spider she chased back there, I got a shoe and moved the box to find this:

Right around 10-12". Was a little bitey at first, but I blame the cat for that. Put it in an empty tank until after work. Got it out of the tank and it seemed cool with being handled. Got it a couple of pinkie mice and it dug right in. I guess we have a corn snake to go along with the ball python.

Edit: have no idea where it came from, Knocked on all the neighbors doors and no one claimed it, soooooo, I guess it adopted us.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
not bad at all
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My son was debating between a corn snake and a ball python when he decided he wanted a snake. He got the ball python. Now he is all happy because now he has both. Spoiled brat.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
how much is it worth ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Woke up with the cat trying to get some thing behind a tool box near the bed. Expecting a spider she chased back there, I got a shoe and moved the box to find this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/nd7ok1.jpg

Right around 10-12". Was a little bitey at first, but I blame the cat for that. Put it in an empty tank until after work. Got it out of the tank and it seemed cool with being handled. Got it a couple of pinkie mice and it dug right in. I guess we have a corn snake to go along with the ball python.

Edit: have no idea where it came from, Knocked on all the neighbors doors and no one claimed it, soooooo, I guess it adopted us.

Nice looking snake.  I'm not familiar with the color variations in KY corn snakes but I'd guess that's a captive bred snake and somebody has bred for that color.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Had one inside the house back around December... he almost made me hurt myself!

Found him hanging out in my gun room... chillin under some mag pouches.

Is it the lighting, or is yours albino?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it's albino. It's a pretty safe bet it is captive bred and a lost pet. I knocked on every neighbors door with in walking (crawling) distance. Local petco sells em for 40 bux.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Good save

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's albino. It's a pretty safe bet it is captive bred and a lost pet. I knocked on every neighbors door with in walking (crawling) distance. Local petco sells em for 40 bux.

WOW... thats a 100 dollar snake around here! Even the normal coloration will set you back 60-80 bucks, and they cant keep them in stock!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]
gonna get real big and fat ...better breed some rabbits.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My daughter is totally JELLY. She LOVES snakes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Good score
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Rabbits?  How big these rascals get?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biggest one Ive ever seen, was about 4-4 and half feet... maybe as big around as two fingers.

The Corn snake
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biggest one Ive ever seen, was about 4-4 and half feet... maybe as big around as two fingers.

The Corn snake

Thanks for the link. The rabbit comment had me worried for a minute, but I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Corn snake

Thanks for the link. The rabbit comment had me worried for a minute, but I feel much better now.

As mean as my last one was, Id have been in trouble had he been big enough to eat rabbits!  

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]
ok ok big rats = baby rabbits.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Corn snake

As mean as my last one was, Id have been in trouble had he been big enough to eat rabbits!  

Hope we don't have that problem. It struck at me a couple of times this morning when I was picking it up, but that was because the cat was harassing it for who knows how long.
After I got home from work, it didn't have a problem being picked up and was really calm about cruising around my sons fingers and hands. He has a ball python just over three feet that seems to love being handled and hanging out. I really like the python too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Kudos to kitty.  Nice snake.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread is a refreshing break from how most GD posters deal with a snake. Glad you didn't stand up on a chair, scream, and ventilate it with your CCW.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Where are the bullet holes?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Corn snake

Hope we don't have that problem. It struck at me a couple of times this morning when I was picking it up, but that was because the cat was harassing it for who knows how long.
After I got home from work, it didn't have a problem being picked up and was really calm about cruising around my sons fingers and hands. He has a ball python just over three feet that seems to love being handled and hanging out. I really like the python too.

I think I just had a bad egg...  He was pissy from the time I bought him, till the time I traded him in three years later!  Ive played with dozens of corn snakes, never had one that was just always mad!  This dude never tamed up a bit.

Even the wild snakes around here (I caught nine last summer) dont mind being handled as long as you dont ruff em up to bad.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This thread is a refreshing break from how most GD posters deal with a snake. Glad you didn't stand up on a chair, scream, and ventilate it with your CCW.  

I like snakes. Spiders not so much. I don't have a phobia of the 8 legged freaks, just the ones that have nasty bites. My mother got bit by a Brown Recluse and it made a hole in her calf you could put a couple of golf balls in. Spider MAY require draw-down.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He missed so he had to keep it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You promised you wouldn't tell!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You promised you wouldn't tell!

Sorry!!!! I thought it was an IM.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like snakes. Spiders not so much. I don't have a phobia of the 8 legged freaks, just the ones that have nasty bites. My mother got bit by a Brown Recluse and it made a hole in her calf you could put a couple of golf balls in. Spider MAY require draw-down.

KCUF Spiders!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#27]
kill it w/fire.  Snake apologists are gay

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. What a beautiful snake.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Albino corattlemoccasin?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Look I only did that once! OK, maybe four times... But I tell ya, some snakes just need killin! Like any that find their way inside my domicile...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top