Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2003 12:18:52 PM EDT
It is official-I have heard it all-Lord can I please go now?

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/1/10/133316[/url]

I am on sitting on the razor's edge waiting for what the wacko leftists will come up with next.

Discuss amongst yourselves!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he has a point. From what I have seen with my friends and family,who are mostly christians, they all call ALL Muslims terrorist. Christianity's history with Islam is probably the main reason I don't like tha religion.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if those kind of folks are your friends & family, um, you may want to help reform them or cut & run.

I am a Christian and while I do think that some of the things that were [b]unrighteously[/b] done in the name of Christianity are egregious, they are not a representation of the modern day Christian movement. On the other hand I do not consder [b]all[/b] Muslims terrorists, just the ones that profess a desire to destroy my country and my way of life (it is kind of hard to call them Muslims-they do not follow the tennants of that faith in a reasonable manner, but I guess they need a label too). Each sect has a dirty history or a skelaton or two in the closet. The fundamental reason is that these religions are run by human beings who are imperfect and, per chance even by some who wish to pervert a given religion for the purposes of wanton destruction and unrighteous dominion over others that are not of their faith, etc...
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]""The Christian Church overwhelmingly - there are exceptions - who choose to call Mohammed a terrorist. They could call Jesus a terrorist too. I mean, he was pretty tough on money lenders a time or two."[/b]

He is trying to equate being "tough on money lenders" with murdering innocents.  Is that a stretch?  Is he a MORON?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew it was Ramsey Clark.  It's really hard to believe that someone who hates America so much was once its top law enforcement officer. He's too much for most of Democraticunderground.com, they call him a nut there, too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Christianity's history with Islam is probably the main reason I don't like tha religion.
View Quote

Christianity?  You don't like Christianity because Islam has attacked it from the instant mohammed invented his moon-worshiping religion?

Study the history instead of repeating what public high schools tell us regarding the crusades, the inquisition, etc.  Almost all of those aggressive actions taken by Christendom against islam were defensive.  Yes, that includes the crusades and the inquisition.  Study them.  And look up the Battle of Tours, 732AD (yes, nearly 400 years before the crusades).  Then ask yourself how muslim armies had made it all the way to [b]France[/b] in only about 100 years.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Ramsey Clark is obviously a piece of shit. As well as those who think that The Inquisitions have anything to do with faith.

Faith in Jesus has nothing to do with religion, whereas the Inquisitions were driven by fanatical religion.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The difference between Jesus and your average, or even borderline terrorist, is that Jesus did not advocate killing Romans.  A terrorist, a Barabas, for instance, would have done so.

Jesus turned over the tables of the moneylenders in the temple of Solomon and whipped at some of them.  Big deal.  Your average hockey player does more damage than that in a particularly nasty game.   That does not make Jesus a terrorist.

Jesus was a rebel, but, like Martin Luther King, his rebellion was peaceful.  He preached peaceful coexistence with the oppressor in this life, because this life doesn't matter.  Islamic terrorists preach destruction of all enemies to earn your way into the next life. It's the difference between love and life and hate and death.  Diametric opposites.

The guy is a senile old puke trying to cash in on his glory days and upset the apple cart for the republicans.      
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This passage in the new testament was the sole example of Jesus ever being angry.  This incident was caused by those who were using the worship of God for monetary benefit (sound familiar today?).  As for what he did - there is no mention that he actually hurt those he threw out, he just ran them out and overthrew their tables.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
De-men-tia: Irreversable deterioration of intellectual capabilities.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright I believe in no god but...

I've rarely heard someone calling "Allah" a terrorist. Then they don't deserve to call "Jesus" a terrorist either.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I just heard the Lord turn over another table after reading that idiots remark.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
There is no turning back. The fate of the world is sealed and people like this are the reason why.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And look up the Battle of Tours, 732AD (yes, nearly 400 years before the crusades).  Then ask yourself how muslim armies had made it all the way to [b]France[/b] in only about 100 years.
View Quote

Well, it was Europe...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top